Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry 8300 or Blackberry 8800?

• 05-10-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain what the main differences are between these two phones? I found out that I can get the 8300 free on an upgrade on my O2 contract but I was thinking of asking them about the 8800 as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Comparison here: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1979&idPhone1=1911

Highlights:
    8300 has 2MP camera, no GPS and is slightly smaller. It's silver.
    8800 has GPS and no camera. It's black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I had the 8800 for a week it is a nice looking phone and more solid feeling than the 8300.The keyboard is a hell of a lot better on the 8800 .I got the 8800 from O2 online store ,they were a nightmare to deal with took over a week from ordering it to actually getting the phone.

The problem i had was the keyboard on the phone was labeled incorectly ie the key that was supposed to be a Q actually had A on it .ie the top left key when pressed gave a Q but was labeled A.

There were 5 keys in total that had the wrong letters on them although the numbers were labeled correctly .

When i tried to get them to change it they wanted me to bring it to an O2 store to confirm the keys were incorrect and then send it back to them.
    After they got it back and check it ,4 or 5 working days, they would send a new one if they had it in stock
    I offered to pay a deposit so they could send me a new one before i sent back faulty one but they refused .

I went into an O2 shop today to buy another 8800 and the girl in there checked and said there were none in stock anywhere in O2 ,they did not have any idea when they would be back in stock.I ended up coming away with an 8300.

The 8800 definately a nicer phone to use although the software is the same.
    The GPS on the 8800 is fiddley and IMHO a waste of space ,maps are crap searching for street names almost impossible .
    It was the first GPS device i have ever used so maybe it was my lack of experience that was the problem.

I would be interested to hear if you have any luck getting an 8800 .

Advertisement