Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attic conversion tramore.

• 05-10-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

hi all,

was wondering could anyone help? i am looking to get an attic conversion, im living in tramore, i have emailed and phoned about six different contractors and only one gave me a quote!!!! the rest just said they would ring back and come take a look but none of them do!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

just reading your message i do alot of extensions and attic conversions around south killkenny i will only travel as far as waterford city would that be any good to you .my work is fully guaranteed and reasonably priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

There you go pommers - all you have to do is get your house from Tramore to Waterford city and you can get your attic done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

i got my attic converted,im living in tramore...i could get you the number of the guy that did it if you want?This guy is very good and came highly recommended!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gadgie wrote:
    There you go pommers - all you have to do is get your house from Tramore to Waterford city and you can get your attic done!

Brilliant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Gadgie wrote:

just after getting the house up on wheels, leaving for waterford @ 6am to avoid the traffic!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Hi
    I'm currently doing my own conversion, just doing it for storage\music room.
    I'm under taking alot of the jobs myself but a few i got people in for,
    i.e. Plumbing, I needed the tanks moved from the centre of the floor into the side, took about 1.5 hrs and cost 150 euro, I'm not putting a bathroom or anything like that up there. Electrics, my brother is an electrician. The Velux was my biggest problem so far, I encountered the never had it so good attitude of the building trade, I got a quote from a local window crowd to install the window (baring in mind I already bought it myself, 240 euro), they wanted 480 to put in in!!!! Finally got in contact with a roofer who did it for 150 as it was a small velux and not much needed on roof to be done.
    I'm currently laying the floor 18mm OSB Tongue and groove, 8 foot by 2 foot, 12 euro a sheet, it looks great. Gonna insulate etc.. soon.
    I put alot of planning into this and getting prices etc, measuring up, it's defo worth it if your any way handy at home.
    One thing to remember, get advice or an expert to have a look at the roof structure to see if it's suitable for construction work. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ATTEMPT TO CUT OUT BEAMS OR ANYTHING WITHOUT COMPENSATING FOR IT'S REMOVAL!!
    I got a quote for 6000 euro to do the lot last year but he was taking out cross beams and everything with no plan to compensate for the removal.
    Remember if your hear the sound of horse shoes in your driveway, it is a cowboy.
    Thats's just my story, hope it gives you some insights.
    J

why do you and gadgie have to be so smart i was only trying to help and if ya want my advice you should put wheels on the house and move to waterford. tramore is a hole and while im at it what kind of stupid name is pommers

aw come on we are only havin a laugh "SUNGOD" seriously any chance ya would come to tramore!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

SUNGOD wrote:
    why do you and gadgie have to be so smart i was only trying to help and if ya want my advice you should put wheels on the house and move to waterford. tramore is a hole and while im at it what kind of stupid name is pommers

In all fairness, how would you have been able to help, when you clearly said,
    i will only travel as far as waterford city would that be any good to you

What good would that have been to him seen as he lives in Tramore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

SUNGOD wrote:

Johnny Walker's* just called, they wanted to know if they can buy the chip on your shoulder.

* Would have said Cunningham's there, but you mightn't be familiar with it seeing as you will only travel as far as Waterford city. Ho ho ho!

• Advertisement

cheers for that jlemmon, my dad is electrician his mate is a plummer so might consider goin down that road, anyone else be able ta put me in touch with someone to look @ the roofing??

my apologies i shouldnt have wrote what i wrote i was wrong so sorry about that i read back over my first message and maybe i worded it wrong yeah i can make it to tramore if you like. i was just having a bad day yesterday when i posted that message didnt get much sleep i was up half the night trying to fix a roof collaspe on the last conversion i did eventually had to leave it there so any way i can call out whenever you like to price that job and i can start straight away just need half the price as a deposit

well pommers just wondering where in house is conversion and what is your preference in the way of stairs/ladder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Smells likes a troll to me

im sorry

ur nuts:eek:

please disregard the last couple of messages my eldest was messing with the laptop when i was out tending to the animals

O that explains everything!!!!!

Advertisement