Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Prem Thread - Free Goals Included.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ntlbell wrote:
    He was ran off the park at united home and away.

Chelsea and Liverpool away.

Having the odd exceptional game against the bottom half the table doesn't make you the best player in the world come off it like.

the hype machine will have died off by xmas

Sorry that's utter bull****, especialy the United ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Okay now I know you're having a laugh.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54129491&postcount=66

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,1874841,00.html

"Cesc Fábregas was the outstanding midfielder"

It's okay buddy, we all make mistakes. I'm sure you'll appreciate The Observer as a decent newspaper, it certainly ain't The Sun though...

he was ran off the park for the majority of the game and arse got lucky...as usuall

eirebhoy wrote:
    You're the person that's being affected by the hype. imo You'd happily see Fabregas fail so you can be proved right. :)

getting played off the park now by Liam Miller how embarrasing...lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

You have a working stream actually? I would be watching it for myself if any of the gee bag things would work!
    To be honest there's not really much point bothering with you anymore

playa3 wrote:
    You have a working stream actually? I would be watching it for myself if any of the gee bag things would work!

no watching on the box sorry mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh hold on Mackems!

bugger :(

Mike.

eirebhoy wrote:
    You're the person that's being affected by the hype. imo You'd happily see Fabregas fail so you can be proved right. :)

So your saying mrjoesoap would come out with things like "fab's showing why he's the greatest player in the world" on a first half performance against a new promoted sunderland side if it wasn't for the recent hype?

come on don't talk nonsnse. he wouldn't even mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

3-2, van Persie again. The Arsenal machine rolls on. Quality.

ntlbell wrote:
    So your saying mrjoesoap would come out with things like "fab's showing why he's the greatest player in the world" on a first half performance against a new promoted sunderland side if it wasn't for the recent hype?

come on don't talk nonsnse. he wouldn't even mention it.

No, I wouldn't. I'll admit that.

Now would you admit you were talking nonsense about Fabregas being anonymous at Old Trafford last season?

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    No, I wouldn't. I'll admit that.

Now would you admit you were talking nonsense about Fabregas being anonymous at Old Trafford last season?

Thanks for been honest.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ah damn. I don't want Arsenal to be running away with the league. I originally chose them for the premiership handicap bet but was persuaded to go with Pompey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal machine? Sunderland could have scored two in the last 5 mins.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Arsenal machine? Sunderland could have scored two in the last 5 mins.

Mike.

He means "I was suprised how easy our fixture list was at the start of the season I'm even more suprised we've beaten the majority of them"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

ntlbell wrote:
    For the 10th time, I thought Fabregas was the best central midfielder in the world (along with Pirlo) last April.

By "machine" I mean they'll have won 10 in a row if they win this.

The linesman is every bit as responsible for this still being a contest as the Sunderland players.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote:
    He means "I was suprised how easy our fixture list was at the start of the season I'm even more suprised we've beaten the majority of them"

And by "our" and "we" you are assuming I support Arsenal. I don't, I just love good football and Arsenal have always played good football under Wenger.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    And by "our" and "we" you are assuming I support Arsenal. I don't, I just love good football and Arsenal have always played good football under Wenger.

our/arsenal's/we/arsenal's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

yawn get a room you two please :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

JoeSoap isn't a Arsenal supporter.

He stalks Southampton players, and is a Shels fan.

Good win for Arsenal today, last year they would have drawn that game. They really need Gallas back though, you can see Sendoros just ain't up to the highest level. Van Persie better get 3 bonus points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Arsenal win 3-2. Was very impressed with Walcott, hit the post in the last minute.

DesF wrote:
    JoeSoap isn't a Arsenal supporter.

He stalks Southampton players, and is a Shels fan.

Ah it's a bit clearer now.

sorry for having a go joe you have far bigger problems than I first thought ;)

Game over, 3-2. The Arsenal machine rolls on. :)

First fifteen or so minutes was classic Arsenal, great to watch. Incisive passing and great creativity from midfield. The first goal was a rocket, typical van Persie and the second was scrappy but Sunderland were looking dodgy at the back from corners so it wasn't entirely unexpected. The linesman made a very poor decision to disallow Diaby's goal after that, and Sunderland scored with pretty much their first attack of note. The second goal after half-time gave them an undeserved equaliser but Arsenal kept plugging away, had quite a few good chances and eventually (after Toure had smashed the post from about 35 yards) got the clincher, great football and a great finish from the man of the moment, and man of the match I would imagine. Sunderland had a couple of good chances, Millers being the best, but Arsenal almost scored at the death, Walcott hitting the inside of the same post that Toure hit. He looked really lively when he came on, good to see.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ntlbell wrote:
    what does that prove?

united were all over them for 89 minutes or so and feb was no where to be found.
    Guys, don't feed the troll. Nobody could be that clueless.

Poor defending by Arsenal for the goals (not by Senderos though, he was Arsenal's best defender today), although Jones did brilliantly for the first goal. The second goal was a comedy of errors from Toure, Sagna, Clichy and Almunia.

On the other hand, another day Arsenal could have scored 6 or 7. Walcott had a super cameo, and Robin is definately beginning to find form. Adebayor looks tired though and faded in the second half... Eduardo and Bendtner need to be getting some game time soon.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Team news

Liverpool
    25 Reina 03 Finnan 23 Carragher 04 Hyypia 17 Arbeloa 16 Pennant 20 Mascherano 08 Gerrard 06 Riise 10 Voronin 09 Torres
    Subs 30 Itandje, 11 Benayoun, 18 Kuyt,19 Babel, 21 Lucas

Tottenhan
    01 Robinson 02 Chimbonda 20 Dawson 05 Kaboul 03 Lee 06 Tainio 08 Jenas 04 Zokora 16 Bale 10 Keane 09 Berbatov

Subs 12 Cerny, 15 Malbranque, 18 Defoe, 22 Huddlestone, 30 Gardner

Team news

Bolton
    22 Jaaskelainen 24 O'Brien 31 O'Brien 05 Meite 11 Gardner 08 Campo 14 Davies 17 Guthrie 19 McCann 21 Diouf 39 Anelka
    Substitutes 26 Al Habsi, 07 Giannakopoulos, 10 Wilhelmsson, 15 Cid, 27 Braaten

Chelsea

01 Cech 35 Belletti 26 Terry 06 Carvalho 03 Cole 04 Makelele 08 Lampard 09 Sidwell 15 Malouda 21 Kalou 10 Cole
    Substitutes 23 Cudicini, 07 Shevchenko, 14 Pizarro, 20 Ferreira, 22 Ben-Haim

HT: Reading 0 Derby County 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The linesman made a very poor decision to disallow Diaby's goal .

He made a poor decision to not flag for offside which allowed the attack to continue which led to the 'goal'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City 1 up already.

Dunne/OG. Not sure which yet

Liverpool 1 up. Voronin tap in after keeper spilled a free kick taken by Gerrard

• Advertisement

1-0 Blackburn, Bentley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Doyle scores against Derby.

i think the FF tactic of buying whatever striker is playing Derby seems like a good one. Might start adopting it myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

nice goal by doyle,reading 1 up

Torres very unlucky there with a shot from outside the box. Very lively start by liverpool. Good value for their lead after nearly 30 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

how are you watching the Liverpool match Aquos?

Gerrard hammers the post with another free kick from just outside the box

Carragher clears a berbatov shot off the line

City 2-0 up against 'Boro now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Elano is a genius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Indeed.
    1540: "Elano is great."
    BBCi Score's Gavin Peacock tells it like it is.
    :D

Turning out to be an excellent bit of business though. When I saw him play for Brazil against Portugal (in a friendly, i know!) last Feb, I thought he was terrible.

Newcastle 1 up against Everton. Nicky Butt

Kalou 1-0 to Chelsea

Robbie Keane 1-1

Real predators goal from Keane, great stuff.

HT: Liverpool 1 Spurs 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

My stream keeps dropping every time the ball goes near the goal...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Well taken goal from Keane, appears to be getting his form back. Robinson will concede more yet.

There's those goals from Keane you've been wanting :) Hyypia's mistake I've been expecting was amazingly from a header, something I wasn't expecting.

Anyone think Tottenham players are playing for Jol's future?

Robbie Keane 2-1 spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

PHB wrote:
    Anyone think Tottenham players are playing for Jol's future?

looks like it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

From the BBC description the two goals sound exactly the same; long punt from Robinson, flick on from Berbatov and finish by Keane?

• Advertisement
Advertisement