Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

specs for call of duty 4

Options
  • 05-10-2007 3:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was surfing the web there and came across the minimun requirements for call of duty 4:modern warfare,now is it just me or are these specs a little high for minium

Processor: 2.6ghz Pentium IV or equivalent (3.2ghz recommended for Vista)
    RAM: 1024mb (1536mb recommended for Vista)
    Video Card: DirectX 9-compliant Shader 3.0 card with 128 MB of DDR Video Memory (256 MB recommended) AGP 8x or PCI-Express x16
    Sound Card: 16-bit DirectX 9-compliant sound card

DirectX9 for XP and 10 for Vista, 8 gigs HD space + 600mb for swap file.

Supported chipsets:

Nvidia Geforce 6/7/8 series

ATi X800 or higher

According to CoDUtility.com via CharlieOscarDelta.com

:O

:O What do ye think?high or what?

I have a dell xps m1710,dual core@2.16,1 gig of ram,120 gig hardrive,nividia gforce 7950gtx 512 mb

was gonna get this but im not so sure my laptop will be able to handle it :s

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

They look reasonable to me, a gig of ram is standard these days, but they seem fake, the X800 cards dont support Shader Model 3 and min is a a SM3 video card, No matter these are the specs general for these days games

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

What do you mean you're not sure will your laptop handle it ? You go well over on the processor, match the RAM and blow the video card requirement out of the water.... Another gig of RAM couldn't hurt, but it'll definitely play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

necessary specs for COD4:xbox 360 :D

M&K Much better than controller in a game like this m8, and the previous CODs were well optomised, hell I could play COD2 with a GeForceFX5700LE with good framerate at 1280 res!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

evad_lhorg wrote:
    necessary specs for COD4:xbox 360 :D

too true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well turns out those specs were fake :O here are the real ones!

Recommended Specs”

CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended
    RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista is recommended
    Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
    Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

“Required (min) Specs”

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
    RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
    Video card (generic): NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800Pro or better

more reasonable if i do say so myself :)

Well turns out those specs were fake :O here are the real ones!

Recommended Specs”

CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended
    RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista is recommended
    Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

“Required (min) Specs”

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
    RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
    Video card (generic): NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800Pro or better
    Lol, was it not to obvious :) Currently grabbing demo but its going really slow, then again irish broadband is also slow... Demo is 1.4GB btw

Nick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

yoyo wrote: »
    Lol, was it not to obvious :) Currently grabbing demo but its going really slow, then again irish broadband is also slow... Demo is 1.4GB btw

Nick

cool,let us know what its like :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

necessary specs for COD4:xbox 360

Or, dare I say it, PS3? ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If I didn't love COD and found COD2 highly playable on the 360, I'd tell them to go to hell with those min specs.

• Advertisement

cool,let us know what its like :)
    I got to 3% and then the server packed in, kept getting connection refused:D Seems I'm not alone and Yahoo messed up the demo launch, will download this tomorow and test it,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

OMG WTF, 9.6KB/sec 41 hours AHHH! stupid slow server

Good demo, short but cool, plays great to people will be glad to hear, solid 60+FPS most of the time, this should turn out to be a class game :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm hitting the recommended Specs minus the dualcoreness (FX53) and the demo runs like hot **** off a shovel at 1280x1024 with AA off, model and water detail an Normal (the max allowed by the game with my system) and everything else turned on. Having played the X360 version I find it hard to see much of a difference and the it actually seems to be running more fluidly than the afformentioned version. (Note: this could be my imagination or the fact I was playing an earlier build of the 360 version).

Either way though, really enjoying it and will definitely be picking it up on release.

This was a cool demo,really enjoyed it,roll on friday for the full release :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Guys if your ever downloading a game demo try find it from a site called multiplay.co.uk always, always have the best download times for me! I downloaded the CoD4 demo in about half hour from there!

Demo is really good by the way you pc should handle it nicely! Cant wait for friday :P

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Woah 30 minutes :O It took me 1hr and a half to download it,but indeed roll on friday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I downloaded the demo when it came out. I'm getting worse performance from this than I am from the crysis demo, Sometimes when I start, all the character models are shaded out. The ligthing effects are all over the place as well. And that's was on low settings.

what are your specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

AMD 64 -FX55 (2.6GHZ), 2GB ram
    GEForce 7800GTS (512MB)

• Advertisement
Advertisement