Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making your own

Options
  • 05-10-2007 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I wish to make my own accessories for the practice of my beliefs and was wondering if anyone had any links or information for what these should be commonly made from. They are the standard objects associated with the Wiccan belief system. I want to collect the materials from and make these in the places I go as I feel a greater link and awareness of what I am doing will be acheived through this rather than buying them ready made. I understand that this will probably take some time and will involve new learned skills. Has anyone else been down this path?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Keep an eye out next time you happen to be wandering through a forest....

Odds are it will just jump up and hit you in the face ;)

I got my 1st Wand in the Mens toliets in Tesco Maynooth while i was workting there.... I kid you not.

It was 20 mins to closing and i was working at the till closest to the toliets. I went in to check them and see if they were empty. Went back to my till and ten mins passed and the place was dead. No one came anywhere near me or the toliets from what i could see. I went back inside and found this really nice pieace of rosewood (i think) just sitting beside the sink. It was the perfect shape and size... and it was so noticeable i would have seen it the 1st time around.

Moral of the story? Tools can be found anywhere... and sometimes find you.

JC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

thanks jc.. sometimes books have a habit of doing that as well :-)

>>Keep an eye out next time you happen to be wandering through a forest....

>>Odds are it will just jump up and hit you in the face

Lol.. it happened .. just as you said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What other tools are you intrested in aquiring ?

the usual accessories..ok I'm well on my way to what I need now :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I'm on a similar enough hunt right now due to a change in practice. The one thing were I was totally stumped as to how I would find the materials will now possibly be the first one I get done. Sometimes things do fall into your lap once you start looking.

When I first started practicing witchcraft I was very keen on the idea of making my own tools that I started researching how to build a forge so I could make the athamé completely from scratch. However I ended up finding a knife that called to me so strongly that it would have been nothing but stubbornness to not use it. Indeed it was the only item from practicing ecletic witchcraft that I'm keeping in use in Wiccan practice.

There is indeed a great advantage in making your own tools, but don't be stubborn if a craftsman has already made a tool that is perfect for you :)

Advertisement