Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raleigh Burner

Options
  • 05-10-2007 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

Hi

I know this comes up occasionally and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a "wanted" thread, buuuut I'm on the look out for a Blue Tuff Raleigh Burner, in basically any decent nick. I'd even consider a decent frame t build from. I've tried eBay but most don't ship outside UK and when they do the whole world seems to jump on them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

Hi

I know this comes up occasionally and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a "wanted" thread, buuuut I'm on the look out for a Blue Tuff Raleigh Burner, in basically any decent nick. I'd even consider a decent frame t build from. I've tried eBay but most don't ship outside UK and when they do the whole world seems to jump on them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Really? I always thought there were a bit overrated when i was young. Mind you, I might have just been jealous of mates who had them.....(f***ing w****** who couldn't wheelie to save their lives, so wasted on them) :D

I'm surprised that Raleigh wouldn't think of doing them again, like they did with the Chopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Itsfixed wrote:
    I'm surprised that Raleigh wouldn't think of doing them again, like they did with the Chopper.

Aha!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2295

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Yeah but the new ones are well expensive. I wonder if I could arrange my own courier to pick up from England would I get past the UK only items?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Wasn't the Super Tuff gold with black mags?

Me? I had a Mag Burner, the white and black one this checkered pads. Ahh that brings me back..... :rolleyes:

Yeah but the new ones are well expensive. I wonder if I could arrange my own courier to pick up from England would I get past the UK only items?:confused:

This one seems pretty reasonably priced:
    http://www.raleigh.co.uk/bikedetails.aspx?ID=3890

• Advertisement

Morgan wrote:
    This one seems pretty reasonably priced:
    http://www.raleigh.co.uk/bikedetails.aspx?ID=3890

But isn't it a bit small?

The Super Tuff is a great looking bike, I'd go for one of them or a Tuff or a Team Raleigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Does the Super Tuff come with the Dura Ace or Ultegra groupset?

Does the Super Tuff come with the Dura Ace or Ultegra groupset?

Dura Ace I believe with the lesser models using Ultegra. Sometimes if you're lucky you can get nice yellow and blue Raleigh cleats on eBay to match

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Wasn't the Super Tuff gold with black mags?

As seen at the Cycle Show in London yesterday:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/carltonreidpix/CycleShow2007/photo#5120237543639040242

Looks great doesn't it. They seem to be re-releasing them at well over the £200 mark though which is pretty steep, no?

• Advertisement

Well it's certainly ... small.

I'm pretty sure I have one of those in my shed, but it's absolutely tiny.

If they're 20" tyres, you could be on a winner. The 16" are definitely for the smaller child.

If it turns out to be a 20 and you want to sell it give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have a raleigh mag burner at home, blue with yellow mag wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i saw a raleigh burner in Eurocycles + Eurobabies of Sth William St. just the other day.

I could be wrong but I think this is a 16" model

Advertisement