Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Celica GT Four Vs Corrado Vs 944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

How about a Fiat Coupe? Beautiful Pininfarina body and a very revvy 2l turbo engine. There's one for sale on adverts at the moment for about €6-€7k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The Porsche, but I reckon you could get a similar 944 Turbo for similar money.

Are you planning on paying VRT.. the 944 isn't on the revenue's website, but I would imagine it won't qualify for the lowest rate (~315 euro).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd pick the Corrado. but only if it was a VR6 or a G60, otherwise the Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Corrado 1.8/2.0 are not great. In the fore mentioned choice of 944 or Celica GT4 then the only Corrados you should be thinking of are the G60 or VR6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I'd even leave out the G60 Corrado and just leave in the VR6 in the choice, but that'll up your budget a lot.
    The Porsche might be interesting. The Celica should be the most dependable, but none of them will do 25mpg. (Well, the N/A 2 litre Corrado should).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Having run a 1.8 Corrado for 2 years I love them. Mate currently has 2, one is a 96 2.0 8v (full leather etc) and a recently aqquired 1.8 G60 (Which i had the pleasure of driving from Luton to holyhead :D )

Bog standard 1.8 16V or the 2.0 won't set the world on fire with their performance, they are a heavy car, but the handling is fantastic, bendy twisty roads are a joy in one of these.

If I had a choice between a G60 and the 2.9 VR6 I would go for the G60. Insurance is slightly cheaper, road tax is a lot cheaper, On a well sorted G60 there isn't a whole lot between them. Plus the G60 is a lighter engine. Both engines need to be very well maintained, (over haul of the supercharger is not cheap) but if you get a good one you will have the pleasure of driving a great car.

Have a look at this Irish VW forum, or this English Corrado forum ( they seem to like the VR6 at lot :rolleyes: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Have a look at www.gt4oc.com

Advertisement