Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calina & Kearnsr on the C&T forum

Options
  • 05-10-2007 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭

I have no proof but Calina on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=246 seems to be siding with Kearnsr no matter what. Kearnsr had a go at a poster, she replied a little OTT but understandable and she got banned.

It seems no matter what Kearnsr does is ok in Calina's eyes. Calina also locks threads where Kearnsr has been given an answer countless times but insists on arguing, rather than asking him to stop posting or tell him he has been proven wrong, a thread which is ruined by Kearnsr's insistence on arguing is locked. This does not strike me a a fair handed way to run a message board and shows blatant favoritism toward one poster.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

paulm17781 wrote:
    I have no proof but Calina on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=246 seems to be siding with Kearnsr no matter what. Kearnsr had a go at a poster, she replied a little OTT but understandable and she got banned.

It seems no matter what Kearnsr does is ok in Calina's eyes. Calina also locks threads where Kearnsr has been given an answer countless times but insists on arguing, rather than asking him to stop posting or tell him he has been proven wrong, a thread which is ruined by Kearnsr's insistence on arguing is locked. This does not strike me a a fair handed way to run a message board and shows blatant favoritism toward one poster.

I think today is the first time I've had contact with Calina. I'm sure we have posted in the same threads before but thats about it.

And as I said in the tread I wouldnt consider it arguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

paul, your link just goes to the main forum page. Actually links to incidents would want to be in your next post if you are going to make claims.

If you cant find examples then I suggest you head over to this place: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

6th wrote:
    paul, your link just goes to the main forum page. Actually links to incidents would want to be in your next post if you are going to make claims.

If you cant find examples then I suggest you head over to this place: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Try this

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kearnsr wrote:

looks like a lot went on there that was cleaned up so no way of seeing what actually happened...

copacetic wrote:
    looks like a lot went on there that was cleaned up so no way of seeing what actually happened...

As far as I'm aware one post got deleted from the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

paulm17781 wrote:

I locked the thread today because I was sick of seeing the same points being raised again and again and again in one thread. I locked the thread on signposting because it descended - post warning - several times into an argument over whether we should keep Irish or not, and not about signposting per se. I don't even remember who was involved in that kerfuffle to be honest with you and I locked the thread on whether taxi driving was a profession because it was an unconstructive and abusive thread. Prior to that I can't ever remember locking a thread and God only knows when I last banned someone prior to today. I don't make a habit of it.

That's the first point.

The second point is accusations of blatant favouritism towards one poster. Given that I've been noticeable by an extremely low profile on C&T in terms of posting since I became mod, that is laughable. I've never met kearnsr. So I guess you're asking why I didn't ban him for provocation when I banned someone else for fairly serious and strong personal abuse. Frankly - and whether you liked the mode of delivery or not - I felt he had a certain point. As you are the only person who reported the post concerned - and did so after I pointed out that no one had despite an army of people reporting other posts in the thread - I can't help feeling you are overly sympathetic to people whose viewpoint either match yours or which you can manipulate to push forward your position which appears to be highly confrontational. Either way, I made calls on whether to ban or not ban a lot of users today. One got banned, and about four survived purely because - and a lot of mods wouldn't even give this chance - there was, in fact, some reasoned discussion from the relevant users concerned after I issued an in-thread warning. Would you prefer I go back and hand out those bans which I refrained from issuing? The ban on the OP was absolutely totally and utterly merited. I cleared one post which has no place in a forum where I expect people to act with some modicum of rationality and evidence of being grown up, regardless of whether you agree with the target or not.

The question you need to ask yourself is this: do you prefer me being a heavy handed mod per today, or me having a light handed touch per most of the time. Most people - I suspect - prefer me to stay out of the limelight and only deal with major problems.

kearnsr wrote:
    As far as I'm aware one post got deleted from the OP

apologies, I assumed that when someone was saying there was an extremely rude and nasty post from you that it must have been deleted as I couldn't see one on the thread. I just saw the one he meant to reported posts and tbh this is another farce of a feedback thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Throw a bit of cross forum personal attacking by the OP (sabrina99) into the mix and I think it speaks volumes of who's been naughty and who's been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think closing the thread was probably the right thing to do. I haven't read the whole thread, but I have never seen more than a few complaints about a thread on C&T. This thread has 7. The total for C&T is 71.

Sometimes I am perhaps too lenient on C&T.

Threads like that make the baby Jesus and I cry.

Victor wrote:
    Threads like that make the baby Jesus and I cry.
    And you looked so cute together in know your nerds :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I dont see the point of this thread.

As Calina stated the thread was going around and around and not going any where.

As far as I was concerned the thread went way off topic but a reasonably debate came out of it. Other people had different points of view but thats expected and i dont see why its descended to this.

People will always have different points of view.

I'll defend my opinion until I'm its pointed out to me its actually different as was the case when mark uploaded the planning permsion for the docklands station. But I wont take what other people post here as fact but as I've always done I'll do this in a decent manner

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

paulm17781 wrote:
    I have no proof but Calina on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=246 seems to be siding with Kearnsr no matter what.
    It's the mask. You don't argue with a man wearing a mask. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Shouldn't this be in Personal Issues?

I'd never have seen it if it were. I never venture into PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

smashey wrote:

Heh, that got a real lollers here, impeccable logic :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

smashey wrote:

A power ranger mask at that. Dont make me use my special powers on your candy ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

kearnsr wrote:
    I'll do this in a decent manor

I'm sure your house is very nice.

OP, you're quite right, kearnsr and Calina are clearly in each others pockets. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. :rolleyes:

I'm quite surprised that someone can see an issue here, yet have no problem with the original poster on the thread in question and their hormonal little tirade, which I might add was carried on over more fora than just C & T?

I'm quite surprised that someone can see an issue here, yet have no problem with the original poster on the thread in question and their hormonal little tirade, which I might add was carried on over more fora than just C & T?

Really? Someone tell me where. I'd like to see it.

Or maybe not.

I'm sure your house is very nice.

Sorry I cant spell for ****

• Advertisement

What post is the above? I dont have access to it?

For mod eyes only.

It's the reason sabrina99 won't be posting in Bargain Alerts again.

For mod eyes only.

It's the reason sabrina99 won't be posting in Bargain Alerts again.

Oh right yeah.

Well from basquille report in the bargain alert thread I can assume

kearnsr wrote:
    Oh right yeah.

Well from basquille report in the bargain alert thread I can assume
    Something about a penis I seem to recall :D

muffler wrote:
    Something about a penis I seem to recall :D

It always comes down to the penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Funny how this support of a poster so utterly incomprehending of how her (mostly self made) issues do not render her the most put upon person in the known universe is now been taken up by the good folks of P11 (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055161184), a group that long taken up residence on the C&T board. The OP made a ridiculous post, and then reacted even more ridiculously when challenged, and then got herself banned (and it's not the first forum she's managed that on in her short time on boards.ie)

The irony of this is they too seem to think shouting and beligerence is the way to get things done, and then decry anyone who dares disagree with them. Love the way that starting a bolshie thread on the wrong forum seems to be P11's way of trying to work it out, and never seem to tire of the sound of their own voice.

God help us but the P11, sorry, "Rail Users Ireland" have found a new use for newnicksamecrap.jpg

Is see the fight continues
    here

DerekP11 wrote:

And Finally here comes the bit that is going to get me banned.
    I have never witnessed such cackhanded moderation than that dished out by Calina. As a moderator you are a joke. You're assertion to lock the thread appears to be based on your agreement with one particular poster. The amount of bias in your decision is sickening. Moderation is not about taking sides and then locking threads. You know jack**** about railways and you'll ban me, so ****ing what. But let the debate continue. Here is where you made an asshole out of yourself in terms of moderation.

While I dont give a toss bout what he says to me and or Calina it just seem that any chance of having a reasoned debate is out the window with comments like this.

I also think his attitude towards Calina is way out of order.

permaban (forum limited) ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Those train spotters are an angry bunch.

Welcome to the feedback club, Calina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Terry wrote:
    Those train spotters are an angry bunch.

ouch! :D

Advertisement