Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Bet: Eightfold of 10

Options
  • 05-10-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Havin scraped a few quid on Porto scoring that miskick in the 92nd minute I said I'd throw whatever I had on me into a nice little bet to make the weekends football more interesting.
    Backed: Eightfold of 10
    1) Arsenal
    2) Man Utd
    3) Man City
    4) Liverpool
    5) Chelsea
    6) Seville
    7) Real Madrid
    8) Barcelona
    9) Porto
    10) Bayern Munich.
    9.90 bet. 145.00 if it works and I seriously reckon it will.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

Man u -1
    8/15
    Aresnal - 1
    4/7
    Argentina -13----10/11
    Aussies -13
    10/11

20 pays bout 175

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

BHW, where'd you get that, like the look of most of them bar Man Utd, might wanna replace it with

Aussies - 13 10/11
    Argies - 12 10/11
    Arsenal -1 4/7
    Man USA 1/5
    New Zealand 1/6

Smaller payout but safer

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

8fold from 10 all to win
    1) Arsenal Correct
    2) Man Utd Correct
    3) Man City Correct
    4) Liverpool Wrong
    5) Chelsea Correct
    6) Seville Wrong
    7) Real Madrid Correct
    8) Barcelona Correct
    9) Bayern Munich Correct
    10) Porto Starts at 9:15. I need Porto to beat 12th place Academia to get my 150euro. Just like Tuesday I'm relyin on Porto to save me. Cmon Quaresma gaol in the 92nd minute! AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

Yeah got that wrong, made up for it with QPR to score first. Some disapointment when i realised what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

fergmcd wrote:
    150euro in the pocket, lovely
    Well done.

Can you explain to me how your bet worked because I'm not sure I understand? Did you cover all possible eightfolds from the ten selections? That would be 45 bets, which makes sense from your stake as 45 * €0.22 = €9.90. I estimate that your winning eightfold would work out to be somewhere in between 10/1 and 14/1. That means your return would be between €2.42 and €3.30. I imagine that the €150 return would only be if you got all ten correct.

Or am I missing something completely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Yeah I don't get this either, you only had 1 of the possible combinations of your 8-folds. ie using nCr, 10 C 8, = 45 as said above so, 44 of your bets lost. For €0.22 to return €150 would be odds of roughly 680/1 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

there is nothing to explain
    this guy just has no idea how the bet 8 from 10 works
    so as stated previously he wins a few euro / breaks even
    not the 150 that he thinks
    he will learn

Advertisement