Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A car stereo shop to avoid

Options
  • 05-10-2007 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi...I hope I'm in the right forum. Just wanted to let people know of an experience I had with a car stereo shop in Phibsboro.

The name of the shop is Scansounds on the Phibsboro Road. I went there in late May to get a new head unit and speakers. The unit in my car (an Audi) was old and didn't have any iPod connections, etc. Plus the speakers were crackling. I needed the job done quickly as I was about to take the car to France for a holiday.

I paid him for a Pioneer head unit and two Panasonic speakers. With labour the total came to €525. However, I noticed a few days later (in France) that the speakers were giving the same problem. The exact same problem.

I never got around to going back to him and complaining until a few days ago. I had my car in for a service in Brady's on the Navan Road. I asked them to check the speakers. Turns out they were not Panasonics but in fact the original Audi speakers.

Basically, the guy knew I was inexperienced and was in a hurry. So he pulled a fast one. Charged me for parts he never installed and labour he didn't expend. I confronted him and he didn't deny anything. He refunded me the money for the speakers and labour. And apologised meekly.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to get that off my chest. And to warn people off. The guy is a chancer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Wow thats pretty poor service! I think I would be contacting the Gardai tbh, he basically robbed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Fair play to you for spreading the word. What's the guy's name? Is he the owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Should change the name form 'Scansounds' to 'Scamsounds' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

lol, be nice NBar.
    I bet he wasn't the owner, just "working" there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Welcome to the forum Kingcolers. Im surprised that of your first three posts on boards, you went to the trouble of badmouthing this company in two of them (one of which has since been deleted).

If you had issues with the product bought from this company then you should have gone back to them before give months had elapsed. To be honest, this is as much your fault as you should have gone back instead of long fingering it as you did. Whats to say you didn't replace them with the old ones? Did the company give you the old radio? If so why did they not give you the old spealers and why didn't you ask for them?

I have no idea whether they did or did not supply the speakers you paid for, but Im not going to allow someone with no boards history to sign up and badmouth a company - unless you provide the money up front to cover the civil action for libel.

The only advice I will offer is to firstly contact a solicitor if you wish to pursue your allegations against this company. Secondly, do not continue making libellous posts on boards or your account will swiftly be terminated. If you wish to address any of my cooments then feel free to use the PM system.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement