Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leaflets at traffic lights

• 05-10-2007 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

On my way home today there were people handing out leaflets at the lights. My window wont open so i couldnt take one but i usually would as iv done work like this before and it used to annoy me when people ignored me! Anyway what do you usually do?? take it or leave it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I never seen this done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Out of manners I usually take them but I never really want to, I know I'll sound like a scrooge but it annoys me even more when people are collecting money at lights and you feel obliged to give money and you have to dig out your bag and purse etc.. Don't mind people collecting anywhere else just at lights you feel hijacked or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Aoife9 wrote:
    Out of manners I usually take them but I never really want to, I know I'll sound like a scrooge but it annoys me even more when people are collecting money at lights and you feel obliged to give money and you have to dig out your bag and purse etc.. Don't mind people collecting anywhere else just at lights you feel hijacked or something!
    Just don't give? :confused:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Just don't give? :confused:
    I know but then I'd feel guilty :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Aoife9 wrote:
    I know but then I'd feel guilty :o

Can you give me the route that you take to work?

/Sucker...heh

• Advertisement

Orange69 wrote:
    Can you give me the route that you take to work?

/Sucker...heh
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

I don't mind the leaflet people - at least they listen to you when you say no thanks....I was waiting at the lights at Red cow roundabout one day and two guys came along with a small coke bottle filled with suds and a yoke for washing windscreens. They made their way down along the queue and everyone was saying 'no thanks' - when I saw them coming to me i rolled down the window and said ' no thank you' but they completely ignored me and threw a load of the stuff on my windscreen and then wiped it off with the scraper thing. Then they asked me for money - I was on my own and this guy with his head poking in the window and his mouth of gold teeth made me very uneasy, so I gave them some change. I know they heard me telling them i wasn't interested but probably because I'm female they ignored.

My brother saw the exact same thing happen to another girl -he said it was funny because she had some kind of sensor on the windscreen and when the water hit it, the wipers came on and the suds were flying and she was having a fit at the lads for not listening to her when she said no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Aoife9 wrote:
    Out of manners I usually take them

It's not bad manners to not take random leafets from people at traffic lights.
    Aoife9 wrote:
    I know I'll sound like a scrooge but it annoys me even more when people are collecting money at lights and you feel obliged to give money and you have to dig out your bag and purse etc..

You don't sound like a scrooge, you sound normal.

Advertisement