Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options
  • 05-10-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Just want to start by saying thanks to Oisin for permission for putting this up.

I have been talking to a land owner in Galway County who has a large wood and forest area near Eyrecourt. The townland is called Tiranascragh. At this point I want to gauge interest in the location. The entry fee would be €25. At the moment there would be no rentals available or ammo. I would be hoping to offer these shortly, as soon as there is a bit in the Kitty. This been week 1 I am hoping to take a week off from work in week 4 carry out some work on the site and have the first skirmish there that weekend. After that, I would hold shoots as my current work commitments would allow, which would be once or twice a week. The potential for this site to have an overnight event is very high as there are no houses to close by. the location itself is about an hour from Galway, Ballinasloe and Limerick. I am sorry for the vague details at the moment but I am in work. As soon as I get home tonight I will post a google place mark to the location. basically if coming from Galway its out the Portumna road, through Kilimor and take the turn for Banagher, at the junction with the main Ballinasloe Road, turn right for Portumna continue through Ballycrossaun and watch out for signage for Cummins Cottages. Continue on till you see a high bank on your left and the location is just down that road.

If any wants to ask any questions please do so. As I said, I will post a google place mark for it but if you want to check it out on the Galway County Council map based planning system.

When would you like to skirmish at G-TAC 19 votes

Mid Week (Monday to Friday)
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday
    31% 6 votes
    Sunday
    68% 13 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I had a look at the google placemark you sent me Maxforce. And I have to say, if you can get that going it will be absolutely fantastic. I'd definitely be willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I am chomping at the bit for a night game and especially some woodland play. Count me in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

G-G-G-Galway, havent looked at the map but if the sites impressive enough to get Oisin off his arse then yup I'll go, any idea how long it would take to walk from Bray? :D

Oh and good luck with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

OK Lads. I am putting together a test meet. I am sorry for the short notice but if anyone wants to come to it please feel free to do so. It will be on Sunday from around 10 AM on wards and as there will be no work done at the site, this one is on me. There are no nearby shops as far as I know so bring provisions. Sensible foot ware and eye protection. Will post up the place mark a little latter.
    Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Dang! I dont think you'll see me or Oisin there for a while yet, and certainly not by Sunday. A pity, because my interest is piqued.

• Advertisement

Aw man I planned on drinking heavily tomorrow night (thats right kids planned alcoholism is responsible alcoholism :D) I'll try and arrange a way down but I think I'll probably need a little more time

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    Aw man I planned on drinking heavily tomorrow night (thats right kids planned alcoholism is responsible alcoholism :D) I'll try and arrange a way down but I think I'll probably need a little more time

great hangover cure. Running through the woods in the fresh air:D

I said I was planning on drinking HEAVILY I doubt I'll be sober enough to have a hangover until sometime Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

their should be me the bro and may be the nephew going so thats 5-6(scope,tcob1 and of cause MAX :p )? So far

I am afraid TCOB has prior arrangments. I am in Oranmore so if some one wants to come down in my car ther is no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Can anyone supply a google earth link ?
    An hour away from Limerick sounds good as I know there
    are a few peeps down this neck of the woods interested in airsoft.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Savage, I have a house not too far from there (in country terms). I'd be up for coming down to a game some weekend!

Here is the Goggle Place Mark. And also for any one who has not found the aerial view on the Galway County Planning Website, here is that also. If any of ye knows anybody not on Boards who would be interested would ye please pass on the details. PM me for my mobile number if any one wants it. Thanks All.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Sweet I reckon an hour and a half away from Limerick.
    Is it accessible via public transport or would ya need a car to get
    there.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭du beton

Gr8 2 hear that guys outside the pale r gettin things goin.May sound like a stupid question but is the insurance for the site sorted.Have a team in formation at d mo and a trip to Galway'd def b on d cards at some stage in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

good to hear that more sites are opening, but stuck in work this weekend so cant make the test meet, mabey next time

bullets wrote:
    Sweet I reckon an hour and a half away from Limerick.
    Is it accessible via public transport or would ya need a car to get
    there.

~B

No M8 no public transport. Definitely only accessible by car. Sorry.
    AA Roadwatch has it listed as 57 min from Limerick to Portumna, so it wouldnt be to far from there. About 1 1/2 hours should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds perfect as a Predator "replacement"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

If I can acquire anyone with a car to get me there I will be there but it's looking doubtful as they've fecked off to Dublin and I don't know if they'll be back Sunday. But I should have a new car soon so consider me a regular visitor when you start

Sounds perfect as a Predator "ALTERNATIVE"

Sorry man no site will ever replace Predator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Eh, thats wahy the " " were there. It'll never live up to pred completely but he can try. Out with the Warwagon once more:D

Before I forget it, the basic rules of operation apply here same as any other Airsoft Site. No one under the age of 16 and anyone between 16 and 18 must have parental consent. A Waiver of Liability will be available on the day for you all to sign. No Sign No Play. You must wear facial and eye protection before entering and at all times while in the battle zone. All guns will have their magazines removed, chambered rounds cleared and safeties engaged before leaving the battle zone. The basic rules of engagment also apply. These ae basic rules. Use your heads guys. The more detailed rules will be posted as soon as the site is open properly.

Eh, thats wahy the " " were there. It'll never live up to pred completely but he can try. Out with the Warwagon once more:D

I am not trying to replace any site. I am trying to provide an alternative solution for people who find it hard to travel. Anyway the succes will all depend on the players and the way they play.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Havnt stopped giggling since Max told me about this :) .
    Aw man I planned on drinking heavily tomorrow night (thats right kids planned alcoholism is responsible alcoholism ) I'll try and arrange a way down but I think I'll probably need a little more time
    Yea same as meself, havnt seen 10 am for a long time :o
    Dang! I dont think you'll see me or Oisin there for a while yet, and certainly not by Sunday. A pity, because my interest is piqued.
    Yesterday 20:13
    pfft and ye call yourselves Mag Wombles :rolleyes:
    *hopes no one notices its been months since ive been at HRTA*

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

you go off line for a few hours and a new skirmish site turns up wooo whoooo
    excellent news Maxforce , Galway and skirmish in the same sentence i just love galway , count me in for a full weekend visit ,HRTA2 now G_TAC christmas has come early for us lads rejoyce and thank the GODS:D :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

rejoyce and thank the GODS
    Ive been praying to the lot of them in all sorts of languages for this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The GODS OF WAR never fail to deliver ,

ALL HAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Sounds very interesting. Sitting in my parents place in Spideal at the mo. How do you think this would go down with them. I swear i ment to come over this weekend but ended up getting ambushed and had to camp out in a forest and protect my clan members from the roving hordes :).

I can see the CC getting burned up buying one night vision lens and a infa red lens

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Hmm anyone got some spare BB's :p i've only got about a 1000 left for 2(3) of us :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Good news on a new site. Only possible issue that might raise its head is Gtac vs. Gtac, who are UK-based.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement