Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Hey all, Martin/Maxforce is still having internet problems so he asked me to inform ye that its a 10.30am start on Saturday Morning. see y'all their.

Two or three of us are thinking of heading down on Saturday as well. My dads from Galway originally so I'd be happy to be conscripted to defend the West from the Drogheda lads if required.
    *pats Hoplite on the back and hands him a carbine* Thata boy! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

How many people is goin to come this saturday?

Don't know myself [theirs quite a few who are not sure if their going or not yet] but He's expecting a pretty good turn out. looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'll be there anyways, looks like I'll be on me lonesome too yerman couldn't make it til Sunday.

So the last numbers from us: C.A.P. team 6 memebers will come + 2 guests, John and his mate Kevin, Mr Longbow, Jinko. So far 12 from elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

SO will be 'windy' day tomorrow :) heavy BB;s shower is well ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

looking forward to seeing everyone am bringing the barbaque so will have plenty of food burger sauages hotdogs soup should be a great day see you all there.evelyn:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

looking forward to seeing everyone am bringing the barbaque so will have plenty of food burger sauages hotdogs soup should be a great day see you all there.evelyn:D

Hi Evelyn

PM sent regarding directions for tomorrow etc.:)

Regards

Aidan.

Perfect - thanks a million! See you guys tomorrow.:D

thanks everyone that came today fantastic turn out martin will upload photos as soon as he can hope ye all had a good day excellent skirimishes had all day great weather we could not have had a better day.

• Advertisement

Oh, it was a great day, Big Thanks to Mr&Mrs MaxForce, I realy hope to come again, maybe for a whole weekend with nite skirmish.

Ya twas a great day alright looking forward to the next one.

rbd wrote: »
    i'm looking forward to trying out my new gear an all
    yellow1.gif

the bloke in the shop said its impossaible to see in irish forests

rbd! your new camo gear worked wonders, i didnt spot ya all day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Thanks for a great day very enjoyable nice to meet you Martin and all the lads from Galway and CAP.

Cormac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

cpb wrote: »
    Thanks for a great day very enjoyable nice to meet you Martin and all the lads from Galway and CAP.

Cormac

Yep very enjoyable today thanks to the G-Tac Team for looking after us.

Cheers to the lads from Galway, Drogheda and CAP good to meet you & I hope to see you again over the next few months. My next excurison is to Drogheda Airsoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

rbd! your new camo gear worked wonders, i didnt spot ya all day :D

i've got saturday the 9th of feb off (poxy jan sales) will there be a few there that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭vkchris

9th of feb is my birthday any chance of a game then??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 reaper7

MaxForce wrote: »
    If anyone has GPS corodinates could ye please post them up here.
    Talk soon ye all,
    Martin.

EDIT: Google Earth Corodinates Lat 53 08 57.45 N. Long 08 09 23.79 W Long. Hope this helps ye but I do not have actual GPS coordinates.

Hi MaxForce, Here is some GPS Coordinate that I have saved from TomTom

DDMMSS :- N 53°08'59", W 8°09'32" : Same as you have with Google Earth Corodinates. Anyone using TomTom can just use 'Navigate to' then select 'Latitude Longitude' and enter the above.

GPS Coordinates :- 53 deg 8.983333333333332 min, 8 deg 9.533333333333333 min

Decimal Degrees :- 53.14972222222222 , 8.158888888888888

Here's a handy calculator to convert to all formats
    http://www.cosports.com/tools/gps_coords.htm

Any plans for an upcoming game, missed saturdays was up North at IKEA.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mr longbow

had a great day sat,was very impressed wit da refreshing attitude of da galway players towards gameplay and takin hits.

the main advantage of this site(and the area dat should be fully exploited) over other sites in the south is the vast woodland area.

for all those dat appreciate woodland skirmishing(like myself) but can only get the chance to do it in predator, this is your opportunity to do it in the south

i really enjoyed finally using da ghillie suit, none of the other sites are really suited to them except for parts of da drogheda site, which surprisingly worked really well

as for constructive advice for the site, i can only say to really concentrate more on milsim woodland skirmishes, for which no other site can really compete(as we all know each site has its own UniqueSellingPoints, woodland is definately yours, g-tac)
    looking foward to going once a month from dublin from now on

here is a link to photo galery from last saturday: http://www.airsoftportal.com/photogallery.php?album_id=9

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

That was nice day ! Greetings from Aurika (camera girl) http://www.vmix.com/video/1678613/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

I want to thank all that showed up for the game on Saturday. We found new friends of airsoft in the guys that showed up from Galway, SWAT Airsoft. Thanks to the CAP Team who came from all different area's of the country. Also thank you to John and the lads who came from Drogheda. Guys ye are all one in a million and ye are welcome at G-TAC any time.

Here is a link to my photo album of the day.
    G-TAC 26/01/2008

A huge thank you to Aurika for the camera work.

But the biggest thank you of all has to go to our landowner (whome I wont name but he knows who he is) becaus if it was not for him taking a risk on us none of this would be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

gtac is a brilliant site and will be a favorite for everyone once leauges etc are the norm

good pics and good video Aurika, cant wait to get out their the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

MaxForce wrote: »
    Here is a link to my photo album of the day.
    G-TAC 26/01/2008

Great day thanks again Martin.

thankyou to everyone for all the positive feed back delighted to hear you all had a fab day heres to many more to come over the next few months.evelyn:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Thanks again for a great day, the hot food was great. For any one interested G-Tac is not as far as you think from Portlaoise it took us 1 Hour 10 mins so I reckon from the red cow roundabout it is only just over 2 Hours.

Like the guys have already said- great day out, the forests are amazing - great to get a skirmish on this terrain.

Much closer than we thought and the bbq was excellent and very appreciated.

Great turn out too. Looking forward to next visit soon.:D

Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Must take a trip over there soon, the site looks great guys. :)

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DOGMA

Congrats Martin on game on sat, getting rave reviews everywhere,looked like a fantstic day was had by all,couldnt make it myself had to work:mad:.The CAP boys are talking about the 23 march as a return game in drogheda hopefully will be able to get that day off see you all then.

• Advertisement

So who's going this Saturday? were going to try and get a team [maybe 2] up and running.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement