Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 reaper7

Sorry Maxforce, didnt make .... almost though.
    Got as far as Kilimer but got lost then, Had to turn back for Galway as
    one very low fuel needle and one wallet left behind :mad: just didnt allow for any more searching.
    Wouldn't mind but I probably past very close at some stage, weather wise it was a great day for it.
    Will definetly be there for next meet, which reminds me must order some bb's.

Any suggestion on where to get some cheap camo and webbing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

ahh man I'll definately go to this, I'm living in Dublin bur from galway, I'm there usually twice a month at this stage...
    This is pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Got as far as Kilimer but got lost then, Had to turn back for Galway as
    one very low fuel needle and one wallet left behind just didnt allow for any more searching.
    Wouldn't mind but I probably past very close at some stage,
    :( Kilimor was very close to it allright, we were a tad lost ourselves till we saw max's improvised signs, Flecktarn.co.uk are great for certain types of camo, a few of us are looking to buy some flecktarn of em soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Just got around to uploading the pics off my mobile. Here from 18-24

good pics, cant wait till were out their again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Thanks Eyes. The fog looks eerie. Going to try and get some pallets out there this week, and them some more next week but the day light will be against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Actually heres a pic showing where i took the pics (shows the scale properly)

G-Tac.jpg

good pics, cant wait till were out their again :)

Cheers will have a look there.

Lemming wrote: »
    Good news on a new site. Only possible issue that might raise its head is Gtac vs. Gtac, who are UK-based.

I contacted Gecko Tactical and they told they have no problem with me using G-TAC as long as I do not incorporate a reptile as part of my logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭du beton

Hey Max, how are things going on the site in Galway.Any new pics ? :D

• Advertisement

du beton wrote: »
    Hey Max, how are things going on the site in Galway.Any new pics ? :D

Hi Mate. Will be starting work out there on Monday. Taking the week off work to get some of it ready for that weekend. I will keep you all posted.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

If you need a hand at any stage I'll do what I can to get up there and give you some help. I've the same amount of experience in construction as I have in destruction...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

To aid those not in Galway I am working on GPS files for Garmin, Tomtom and a few others. Will post when I have them ready

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

To aid those not in Galway I am working on GPS files for Garmin, Tomtom and a few others. Will post when I have them ready
    Muhahahaha Your Tom Tom is useless out here. Our roads are secret, we have many roads the tomtom will never find.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

tcob1 wrote: »

Maybe you cna show Harekin how to download updates to his garmin gps:p. He has had it for ages and the m50 from bray to the old m50 still doesnt show up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

They dont support updates for mine anymore for some reason, thats why I aint been able to update it.

tcob1 wrote: »

Thats great tcob1. Although my pda is f**ked which had TomTom on it.
    I have ordered a new one (Glofiish X800) but not in stock till Oct 30th :(.
    Would you have the latitude and longitude cordinates for the site.

MaxForce wrote: »
    Hi Mate. Will be starting work out there on Monday. Taking the week off work to get some of it ready for that weekend. I will keep you all posted.:D

Loking foward to it, have ordered some camo and an assault vest hopefully have it with the week. :D
    http://stores.ebay.ie/Valiant-Supplies some good British Surplus stuff if anyone is looking for some Soldier 95 DPM camo.

Hi All,
    Will be out at the site this Sunday to start getting it ready. I have a pile of pallets and tyres ready to be moved into the play area and a fair bit of clearing to do. If anyone is free I would appreciate a hand and sure we might even get a chance for a bit of a shoot in the evening. Bring a hammer and a saw if have one:)

Will be there all next week and will have the first official shoot maybe on Friday but deffinetly on Saturday. No rentals available as of yet but am working on it.
    Thanks lads,
    Martin.

reaper7 wrote: »
    Thats great tcob1. Although my pda is f**ked which had TomTom on it.
    I have ordered a new one (Glofiish X800) but not in stock till Oct 30th :(.
    Would you have the latitude and longitude cordinates for the site.

These are the cordinates from Google Earth.

53 08' 56.03" N 8 09' 23.25" W

Martin.

• Advertisement

I should be their sunday Max, gotta work at 6 again though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I should be their sunday Max, gotta work at 6 again though :(

Oh boo hoo. The guy going to a forested airsoft site on sunday complains :p

Lucky b*stard!

:p, you coming a long next week?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo. The guy going to a forested airsoft site on sunday complains :p

Lucky b*stard!

What can I say. As my GOOD friend Kevin used to say "Build it and they will come". Fo who ever can tell me 1. Kevin who and 2. What film was it from. First person gets one free pass to G-TAC.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

What can I say. As my GOOD friend Kevin used to say "Build it and they will come". Fo who ever can tell me 1. Kevin who and 2. What film was it from. First person gets one free pass to G-TAC.:D

Kevin Costner, Field of Dreams and he was my friend first :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

These are the cordinates from Google Earth.

53 08' 56.03" N 8 09' 23.25" W

Martin.

ok, silly question (and completely off-topic),but how do those co-ordinates relate to latitude/longitude (in degrees)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'd imagine N = longitude and W = latitude, but thats a guess.

kdouglas wrote: »
    ok, silly question (and completely off-topic),but how do those co-ordinates relate to latitude/longitude (in degrees)

I am not a map expert but they are what Google Earth throw up when I click on the place mark.
    53 Degrees 08' Minuets 56.03" North 8 Degrees 09' Minuets 23.25" West. I havnt a clue what the 56.03 and the 23.25 are.

Shiva wrote: »
    Kevin Costner, Field of Dreams and he was my friend first :-p

Shiva You Da Man. One free pass for you but can only be used on a day that the moon is full and has a pig flying in front of it :D Only kidding man, when ever you like.

• Advertisement

ne free pass for you but can only be used on a day that the moon is full and has a pig flying in front of it
    last thursday??? thats not fair at all :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement