Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

Yes, I'm certain, I checked the gun last night. :)

The S System is a retrofit of the regular M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

RabidDog wrote: »
    Yes, I'm certain, I checked the gun last night. :)

The S System is a retrofit of the regular M4.

Sweet,:)
    Thats no problem man,
    just wanted to be sure before I buy.
    You fixed the gun already, so I'll go with you on this one. I'll let you know when I get the body.
    Cheers.

Here are our latest batch of pics:
    100_0507.jpg
    100_0509.jpg
    100_0510.jpg
    100_0511.jpg
    100_0513.jpg
    100_0514.jpg
    100_0515.jpg
    100_0519.jpg
    100_0521.jpg
    100_0524.jpg
    100_0526.jpg
    100_0527.jpg
    100_0528.jpg
    100_0529.jpg
    100_0530.jpg

100_0532.jpg
    100_0533.jpg
    100_0534.jpg
    100_0536.jpg
    100_0537.jpg
    100_0538.jpg
    100_0542.jpg
    100_0543.jpg
    100_0544.jpg
    100_0549.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

looking at the pics, i couldn't help but notice ian's shulder's sagging over the weight of not using the AK........

And the BIG grin on Tony's face with his M14 :p

Where are the usual vanity shots of SniperSight and Killinator, though?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

looking at the pics, i couldn't help but notice ian's shulder's sagging over the weight of not using the AK........

And the BIG grin on Tony's face with his M14 :p

Where are the usual vanity shots of SniperSight and Killinator, though?? :D

Kilinator wasnt there:(

and Snipersight was on t'other side of the camera;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Should be around on sunday along with my shortened spas and a para if tony has them in stock by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Ill be their, doesnt look ill be bringing anything new though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i should have new toys

cos i don't carry enuff fire power

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Great pics Snipersight!
    Would you by any chance have a pic of the CQB area?

I was hoping to make it up last Sunday, but a family emergency presented itself.
    Hoping to be up this Sunday.
    I hope it is easy to find as I am crap with directions........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mossy619

i got my ak bak 2day.i duno if il b allowed use it wen im bak again coz i fired ten shots trew a chrono and only once went over the limit.it ranged frm 310 fps to 344.the 344 was the only time it went over.wud it b ok to use

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

mossy619 wrote: »
    i got my ak bak 2day.i duno if il b allowed use it wen im bak again coz i fired ten shots trew a chrono and only once went over the limit.it ranged frm 310 fps to 344.the 344 was the only time it went over.wud it b ok to use

Hi Mossy,
    I will chrono it for you the next day your up and see how it goes.
    Martin

Killinator wrote: »
    Kilinator wasnt there:(

and Snipersight was on t'other side of the camera;)
    Yeesh. work, right?:(

think of all the lovely toys Derek....;)
    Chin up, old bean etc.
    :p

:D
    the way things are goin you wont have a seat in the car for the gathering cause i'll have so much new stuff:D

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Great pics Snipersight!
    Would you by any chance have a pic of the CQB area?
    Here ya go....
    100_0520.jpg
    Not from the last day but gives an idea of the CQB area.
    100_0415.jpg

Just to note the forest area shown is the wooded CQB area and isnt the full sized forest.

Hi Snipersight

Thanks for those!
    Will be up to experience it for myself in the morning.
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

looking forward to seeing you all on site tommorrow plenty of games and food as usual weather supossed to be great :D:D

yup looking forward to it alright :D. Actually any chance anyone has an aug highcap or two i could borrow for one or two rounds? [never tought id be asking for a highcap but i want to try something out with my recently neglected Aug :o]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Once again another great day,

Thanks Martin and Co

Thanks all.

• Advertisement

Played at G-Tac for the first time today....
    Had a really good day, great site, good games and everyone is very friendly.;)
    Thanks to Martin and Evelyn and everyone who attended today.
    Also a big thanks to the regulars who were very welcoming.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

we like targets new players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

glad ye all had a great day looking forward to having you all down again soon will put up pictures tommorrow

I have also posted this on the G-TAC, bit for people who dont use that site.

eugeneroeislove9iu.jpg

Warning...LONG...Warning

To Incorporate Medics...

Hello all,

I've been thinking and have come to the conclusion the inclusion of medic rules would bring a rather cool element into some of our games.
    So here are some of the ideas I've been mulling over...

I propose the use of 1 medic per team in the medium to large area games, (not CQB woods).

So here we go:
    Each team has 1 medic.
    The medic may only be armed with a semi-automatic pistol.
    There are multiple reasons for this:

The player is a medic and as such is not playing to "take" lives, but "save" them.

This pistol can only be used to keep an opponents head down, whilst running to a "downed" player or "treating" a downed player. The medic can't go hunting the enemy for the same reasons as the first point.

The medic must be identifiable, and for the future I have medic patches and armbands ordered.
    The Medic CAN be killed. We don't want any supermen out there and want to keep it realistic. Once the medic is "Dead", he's "Dead"!.
    Now, this is important, as Airsoft is about immersing a player in a believable experience it should be noted that whilst the medic can be killed, it should be viewed as "despicable" and "cowardly" to kill the medic who is effectively unarmed and only trying to "save lives".
    As I said I believe it is vitally important to instil this ethos, as it will separate the medic as a different category of soldier in game and as such, I think, enhance the whole experience.

Now down to the more complicated aspects, i.e. How the medic works:

After much consideration and input from Derek (Killinator) and Ian (Mossy619) this is what I suggest:

Each medic has a pouch which contains several strips of material, long enough to wrap around a persons arm.
    The medic must wrap one of these strips around the "wounded" players arm. This means the medic actually has to DO something to "heal" a player, not simply tag a player.

An Example of a game scenario...
    A capture the flag game in the large forest.
    Each team starts with 2 normal lives (or one spawn).

Now once a player has used his spawn he becomes eligible to be saved be the medic.
    So it works that the players have as many spawns as the medic has wraps. No person is limited to, let's say two medic saves. The Medic, being a Doctor, MUST save who he can!!!
    However when the Medic runs out of wraps THAT'S IT! No more saves.
    I believe this rule brings a human element into the war, as the medic may come to a situation where he has one wrap, but two people have called medic.
    The medic will then have to decide HIMSELF, who it is possible to save or who it is best to save.

For example...
    Two people call "MEDIC", but the medic only has one wrap. Does He...
    Go to the guy closest to him, after all he's more likely to get there and get a player back into the game quicker.
    Go to the guy with M4 and box magazine/double mag, after all he's got sufficient fire power to hold back the enemy and as such help his team stay alive longer.
    Can the medic even get to the "wounded" player? Is he just too far away or is he maybe surrounded completely by the enemy in which case it may be suicide to attempt a rescue.

These are just examples of what a medic will have to take into account.

Also I should probably mention, the "saved" player will spawn back at his own base spawn. This is to avoid him becoming active after the enemy have walked by him assuming he's finished, and also it avoids the player spawning whilst being surrounded be the enemy. And finally it can simulate, let's say "hospital treatment". i.e., A person who has just been shot can't immediately fight again, and the walk back to the spawn can be their, as I said, "hospital treatment".

Also players who have been saved MUST keep their wrap on; this means the wraps aren't recycled and therefore unlimited. Also it can be viewed like the Purple Heart medal, i.e. who has been wounded/saved the most. A must have for bragging afterwards.tongue.png

Now on another note, this point regards the Medic actually getting to a "downed" player.

I think the Medic could work with or without a time limit as to when he can reach a player; if you wanted to simulate a player "bleeding out" from a "wound" than you could use a time limit.
    If a time limit was chosen it would have to vary depending on the situation, i.e.
    15secs in the CQB, 20secs in the Gorse, and 30secs in the forest. (These are just guidelines)

Now, onto enforcing this:
    Obviously in the forest area the marshals just can't see everything, FACT. This would mean if somebody was tagged behind some overgrowth then the Marshall would have no way of telling if the Medic got to a person in the given time limit (if it was being used).

Now what I suggest is that if two stopwatches with alarms weren't available, then simply set a timed alarm with FULL VOLUME on your phone. The alarm would be set before the game and reset after every save.
    With this it means if the an alarm goes off then, the medic knows he hasn't made it, the player he's going to should know he hasn't made it and the marshals know aswell.

Also given the whole sport of Airsoft has the Honour System at its core, the medics would be required to be trustworthy enough to set their alarm to the correct limit and not change it when resetting after a save.

I think a limit would be needed in the Forest; after all you don't want a player waiting in the forest for 10mins whilst the medic gets to other people!
    However, in the CQB I don't believe a limit is needed, because the Marshalls can see pretty much everything and everybody is close enough so that they won't be waiting forever for a Medic.

I will leave it up to the Marshalls as to what the various acceptable limits would be, as they can judge how to keep a game moving.

I think that's everything...
    I'm open to suggestions, and would really like to see Medic rules involved in a few various games.

If you're still reading thanks for sticking it through, I know it was long!!!

SniperSight

I like it! I guess it's up to martin in G-tac if he wants to test it... You've really worked this one out haven't you? Might i suggest that the medic must be from Louisiana and/or called Eugene? :p

I like the idea of the wraps, just like simulated combat, like you said.
    Likewise about the idea of timing the Medic in getting to the player before they bleed out when riddled with BBs.

I suppose they'll have the usual red cross of medic personnel, like the BOBs photo above?

Yup, I have patches and armbands ordered like I said.

You'll have to go through all the lines asking soldiers if they've still got their medickit left.
    Doc Roe, wht a character, LOVE that Bastogne episode.

You'll have to go through all the lines asking soldiers if they've still got their medickit left.

'those' bastonge episodes you mean!:D

my only problem with the whole deal is the phone timer, very few will be willing to risk there phones, the honour system should be enough i thing, or some cheapish stopwatch!

Killinator wrote: »
    'those' bastonge episodes you mean!:D

my only problem with the whole deal is the phone timer, very few will be willing to risk there phones, the honour system should be enough i thing, or some cheapish stopwatch!

Great French spelling there,Derek! :p

I think I just heard you volunteer your watch Killinator! ;)

Great French spelling there,Derek! :p

I think I just heard you volunteer your watch Killinator! ;)

HA!!!! I dont have a watch!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MarkLmk

:D when you want the Military Police in play I got those Armbands & handcuffs letc :pac::pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement