Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Jezz thats friggin' harsh man. Real shame too, always look forward to stand offs with the Sheemagh with the shotgun.:(:(

I agree with SniperSight, real harsh man, u were lucky thou and we will be thinkin of u , keep the good side out and Marshal away mate that will keep ur withdrawls at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Killinator wrote: »
    Is that gathering sunday or sunday before gathering sunday:p

As usual I wont make the Gathering:mad: , but i will be there next Sunday the 6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Ill be typing and doing everything one handed for quite some time :(, cut the nerves and tendon in my thumb so theirs going be no airsoft or anything fun for me 4 quite a while :(.
    Nice choice with the 416 by the way dave

Shane, really sorry to hear this.:(:(
    Hope it gets better for you very soon.:)
    Take it easy and get it working right before you start dual wielding those m9's again!;)
    Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I thought I'd post this from Black Hawk Down. I thought it was appropriate.

DereksStuff003.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

Ill be typing and doing everything one handed for quite some time :(, cut the nerves and tendon in my thumb so theirs going be no airsoft or anything fun for me 4 quite a while :(.
    Nice choice with the 416 by the way dave

Oh man...! that's rotten Shane, what happened to you?? *reads above*
    ouuuuch.....:(

That sucks dude. Big time:(:(
    I know a guy who had a similar injury... unpleasant and bloody painful. Still, if it helps, he made a full recovery and he had a few fingers thrown into the mix too...

Thanks by the way, you'll get first oggle at the 416 :)
    I think we've lost a great player there, albeit only temporarily.
    Hang in there Scope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Cheers for the kind words lads, Your a great bunch and i already miss spending my Sundays shootin ye :p
    And im just after getting a years supply of 8mm's :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dantalker

Hey all,

Know no one here (exception of NakedDex, through another forum), but I'm looking for a tiny bit of help. Thinking of popping up to GTAC on Sunday as a newbie and would-be airsofter to see how it goes. Is that allowed? What's the cost of rentals and am I likely to get any if I just arrive? If I do get some how much of an ass am I likely to look on my first day?

Any help and advice is welcome!

D

Howya doing mate.
    I'm sure I speak for everyone who plays at G-TAC in saying you'd be welcome to play at G-TAC.
    A rental + a full day costs €45 with copious amounts of food:D included in that price. Basically if your going just ask Evelyn or Martin(The Maxforce's) on here if you could have a rental put away for the day.

You wont look an ass, Weve all gone there for our first time once.(Even Shane!!!:D)

Thanks man. Feeling a tad nervous, but the directions given on the website are spot on so I should be able to find my way without getting lost. Real keen on getting a start, even if I do look like a plonker for the first time... Didn't want to start buying gear until I'd had an experience of what it's like in action. Any Limerick heads there?

Easy answer is yes.
    G-TAC is, I'm proud to say, home of the LADS(Limerick Airsoft Defence-Spearhead) and we have several members. Now I wont be there this Sunday but will be at the Gathering 2 the following weekend. Tony(NinjaLmk) will be there and I'm sure will have no problems helping you out. In fact I dont imagine you'll have any problems finding help.

On a side note G-TAC is also home to the Connaucht Milita.

• Advertisement

Excellent, good to hear it. Hoping to meet another few Limerick enthusiasts. See the sights, shoot some people... you know, the usual Sunday!!! Also thinking of going on the 12th, depending on work commitments.

No need to be nervous Dantalker, first time i showed up I was wearing whatever i thought was vaguely militaristic and without an Airsoft gun. Not least any idea as to how the hell the game was played, never mindwhere it came from!

Tony is a great dude; i'd never met him before in my life and he just walked up to me, handed me his Steyr and said "Dave. you're in deep **** if this gets banjaxed!" :p
    i'm glad to say his trust was not missplaced! Everyone at G-Tac are great man, new comers are welcome and will NOT be singled out.
    So chill, and enjoy!:D

Good to hear it. Would be great to have another fighter from Limerick for the Gathering.

@ Dave. Post some high quality pics of the 416 already. It looks good on the phone(trades and everything:eek::cool:) but I wanna see a big pic of it.

Damn right. Although to ensure Munster is properly represented, I'll be there too! :p I'll be the rabid Corkman griping about the rain/Andrew's driving/Andrew making it rain or just plain griping ;)

WHAT??? We can gripe as well?!? No one said anything about the griping... Count me in!! Looking forward to it now, here's hoping i can make it now!

Ahhh Dave, your from Cork and as such your Griping is expected.:p
    We are from Limerick so we have to have permission to use bayonets!!:p

Dave here is an honourary member of the LADS team. Like he said, look for the Rabid Corkman!!:eek:

I get quite bad! :p Remember, gripes go up the chain of command.

Considering that we don't actually have one... that means anywhere!
    See Andrew's tag?

that's life size.

:D:D:D

Hey....
    "SHUT UP".
    If I remember rightly the guy on the other side of the silencer ate some BBs.

I actually have a foregrip that I dont generally use. It may work on your 416.

Hey....
    "SHUT UP".
    If I remember rightly the guy on the other side of the silencer ate some BBs.

I actually have a foregrip that I dont generally use. It may work on your 416.

;) Agh! the SniperSight is angered! really?? Let's be honest... We both know that the poor dumb bastid on the other side of your sights ALWAYS eds up eating plastic! :D

hmmm.... You have my attention Mr.Maher! that's great man, thanks! Fired 200 rounds through her last night; the hounds baskervilles if you will! nice crisp firing too, sounds like the gear box wants to prove its mettle! :cool::D

;) Agh! the SniperSight is angered! really?? Let's be honest... We both know that the poor dumb bastid on the other side of your sights ALWAYS eds up eating plastic! :D

hmmm.... You have my attention Mr.Maher! that's great man, thanks! Fired 200 rounds through her last night; the hounds baskervilles if you will! nice crisp firing too, sounds like the gear box wants to prove its mettle! :cool::D

Why thank you!:p I try!!

We'll have to wait and see about the foregrip. The one I have is for an RAS type rail. ie. the rail has several circular holes the the foregrip screws up into.

• Advertisement

Sure we can always give it a lash! that's how it's done in Cork. Who cares if we waste our time with it? :p I can always get one from one of teh Irish retailers if not. i don't think it's essential at the moment... although God knows it would come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Sure we can always give it a lash! that's how it's done in Cork. Who cares if we waste our time with it? :p I can always get one from one of teh Irish retailers if not. i don't think it's essential at the moment... although God knows it would come in handy

you'll be griping about my driving and not t'other fellas, that said my driving is flawless, except the 50% of times that i crash, Its a GERMAN car so im safe anyway, sure it practically drives itself!

I also have a different handgrip that i dont use cause im not a wuss like you:D

Im also turning my g36 into a bit of a project gun, its gonna be my special operations weapon, that'll look like a bastardised M4-G36C, ive already bought a mag adaptor to use m16 mags

Anything that requires teh word "bastardd" to describe it is automatically cool. Example "Bastardd feudalism". Feudalism with even more crazy rules, protection rackets, raids and back stabbings!! surprise, surprise very popular in Medieval Ireland....

AGH! ok, back to the point...(seriously, this is what college does to you!)
    You don't have sharp ass rails on the underside!! besides...they're begging to be filled with gadgets and knicknacks!

The G36 is one tough cookie; if it can survive me losing (and then finding) 3 mags, using up a half charged battery, being field stripped by me (not having a clue what to do with it), and the fact that i narrowly avoided losing that vital pin on you.... It'll take on the ALL the bloody Germans, and bloody well win!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Anything that requires teh word "bastardd" to describe it is automatically cool. Example "Bastardd feudalism". Feudalism with even more crazy rules, protection rackets, raids and back stabbings!! surprise, surprise very popular in Medieval Ireland....

AGH! ok, back to the point...(seriously, this is what college does to you!)
    You don't have sharp ass rails on the underside!! besides...they're begging to be filled with gadgets and knicknacks!

The G36 is one tough cookie; if it can survive me losing (and then finding) 3 mags, using up a half charged battery, being field stripped by me (not having a clue what to do with it), and the fact that i narrowly avoided losing that vital pin on you.... It'll take on the ALL the bloody Germans, and bloody well win!

dont foyour 416 is german, H&K make both our guns(in real life) thus you have a gun thats only fault will be the fact that you find it hard to find fault with it!!!:pac::pac::D

Killinator wrote: »
    dont foyour 416 is german, H&K make both our guns(in real life) thus you have a gun thats only fault will be the fact that you find it hard to find fault with it!!!:pac::pac::D

the G type ar HK?

ahhhhhh.... no wonder it's the hound's baskervilles then!:p

can't wait to road test her at G-Tac.

I cal her Vera.
    God, i hope there's ome Firefly/Serenity fans who get that!

Anyway....we'd best reign in the off topic stuff, this is about g-Tac related stuff after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Jeez guys, sorry its off topic, please forgive but i just found the new Gtac website through the IAA link for the Gathering II..WOW! fantastic layout and info and a really snazzy tool to show how to get to Gtac! Iceage mightily impressed. I'm really sorry lads I won't be able to call as I'll be away. Again 10/10 for the site.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Hi Iceage, you ain't off topic, check the last two pages of the thread now thats off topic.The site is great alright make finding a difficult place a bit eassier.

P.S. The Maxies(my new name for them) are away, so they aint just ignoring you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Hi Iceage, you ain't off topic, check the last two pages of the thread now thats off topic.The site is great alright make finding a difficult place a bit eassier.

P.S. The Maxies(my new name for them) are away, so they aint just ignoring you

Thats cool mate, no worries, everybody needs a break from this MADNESS!!:D
    Was speaking to one of our team this evening, and we both agree, we must try and give you a call soon, the place looks really cool,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Yeah ye should deffo come someday, you will love the site it has cqb and woodland (what more could you want)Might be a bit late but there should be a good crowd for sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Hi Guys
    Is there anyone going up this Sunday (6th)?
    Hopefully heading up myself as I haven't been in a couple of weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement