Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

MaxForce wrote: »
    I am not a map expert but they are what Google Earth throw up when I click on the place mark.
    53 Degrees 08' Minuets 56.03" North 8 Degrees 09' Minuets 23.25" West. I havnt a clue what the 56.03 and the 23.25 are.

yea, was just wondering why maemo mapper kept directing me to lithuania, figured it out now i think

this page gives you lat/long co-ordinates for any position on a google map, the co-ordinates for hrta2 can be written as both
    Latitude = 53.5385, Longitude = -6.2508
    and:
    Lat = 53 degrees, 32.3 minutes North
    Long = 6 degrees, 15.0 minutes West

difference being the first is decimal, the second is done via minutes/seconds, so it's an easy enough conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

I wont be on site on Monday but will be tomorrow as well as Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Will be there from around 11am tomorow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

:( cant make it down, I'm of to get a new Tv and some Paint and help my sister out at a carboot sale :/. My days at work are the opossite to the bros most of the time so when one can go the other cant etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

cant make it down, I'm of to get a new Tv and some Paint and help my sister out at a carboot sale :/. My days at work are the opossite to the bros most of the time so when one can go the other cant etc..
    :(.
    Gonna try and get their at some stage tomorrow, I might still be drunk at 11 though :o so maybe a little later then that.

EyesOnly wrote: »
    :( cant make it down, I'm of to get a new Tv and some Paint and help my sister out at a carboot sale :/. My days at work are the opossite to the bros most of the time so when one can go the other cant etc..

Not a bother. Will be there all week.:D

• Advertisement

The first meeting for G-TAC will be on Saturday 27th. Entry fee will be €25 for a full day and €15 for half day. Half day will be from 1pm on. Registration will be from 9:30 to ten with a break from 1 to 2. 16-18 yo will be accepted only with parental consent in the form of a signed letter, verifiable by phone call. All players will be requested to sign a Waiver of Liability Form Befor been allowed to play. It is recommended for all players to wear full facial protection and all players are required to wear eye protection while in the play zone. Please follow all safety requirements and rules of the site that will be conveyed on the day. I would hope to have pictures of the location up when I have most of the work done during the week. Unfortunately there will be no rentals or ammunition available for this meeting but I am hoping to have some in the coming weeks. Make sure you bring provisions as facilities are limited at the site, but there is a shop a short car ride away. Make sure your batteries are charged as for the moment there will be no charging facility. If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me by PM. Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

For once, I hope I don't have a job next weekend :D

For once, I hope I don't have a job next weekend :D

Thanks for your help yesterday. Hope to see you on Saturday.

I'm working 7am-2pm and the bro 3pm-8pm on saturday :(

I hear theirs a bad case of small-pox hitting Rosscommon ;)

• Advertisement

hope not im working in tescos so i'd probably get it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I heard it was a case of Roscommon hitting small-pox...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

MaxForce, good luck on Saturday, wish I could be there but that darned jbex has to be done, course I guess I could always pull a sickie :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

tcob1 wrote: »
    MaxForce, good luck on Saturday, wish I could be there but that darned jbex has to be done, course I guess I could always pull a sickie :)

Wouldnt it be an ideal day for you to do it. Good luck tomorrow.

I hear theirs a bad case of small-pox hitting Rosscommon ;)

So thats where the Crypto went to when we got rid of it from Galway.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

structurers all up looking fantastic wooded area ready to go .looking forward to seeing people on saturday and been able to meet them.photos to follow will get maxforce to put them up asap.:D

Cool, great news :D cant wait to get out their again

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

How long would take to travel from Portlais, how many miles is from Galway?

I had planned to be there for the opening, however I've been invited to the after party of a fashion show in Dublin that night and I've to co-host the house party after too. And as much as I love airsoft, and the fact that your site is closer than any other to me, I have "duties" that need to be fulfilled.

Next time though!

NakedDex wrote: »
    I had planned to be there for the opening, however I've been invited to the after party of a fashion show in Dublin that night and I've to co-host the house party after too. And as much as I love airsoft, and the fact that your site is closer than any other to me, I have "duties" that need to be fulfilled.

Next time though!

no bother looking forward to having u up with us next time

• Advertisement

I feel bad for not going but it's fashion models v airsoft models and, well, most of ye are a bit too hairy for my liking.

Tomazas wrote: »
    How long would take to travel from Portlais, how many miles is from Galway?

Portlaoise to Eyrecourt is 51 miles oe about 1hr 15mins. You can get the route on AA Roadwatch The site is located about an hour from Galway so it is very central.
    Max

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

MaxForce wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be an ideal day for you to do it. Good luck tomorrow.

Jezz I think the boss would know I were throwing a sickie somehow :p Good luck with it anyways will be out as soon as the duck tape on the knee hardens :eek:

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ok so the story is, it's open but with no rentals or ammo??

I want to go I have about 1000 bbs left which shouldn't be to much of a problem as I only have low cap mags.

But I have a friend that wants to go too he has no airsoft equipment at all. Anyone willing to rent to him?

ScumLord wrote: »

I want to go I have about 1000 bbs left which shouldn't be to much of a problem as I only have low cap mags.

But I have a friend that wants to go too he has no airsoft equipment at all. Anyone willing to rent to him?

PM'ed but please make sure he has eye protection.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ok I can do that, I'll steal some safety googles from work.

ScumLord wrote: »

now have 3 rentals and bbs are availble to buy sorry for late notification as we were able to only organise this today looking forward to agood skirmish tommorow :D

Great day with some non stop action :D, Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Non-stop awesomeness. My lower lip hurts :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I want pics!

So, all ye boggers, ahem, i mean people of the west, can play too. Tis good news. And you never know, we might drop in some time....You thinkin what i'm thinkin? Invasion of the Dubs? MaxForce, you get the site fully operational and then we can try organise our invasion:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement