Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

we'll be ready for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

G-TAC ToDay.

Hi All, Just want to thank all that braved the wet and the cold to-day and showed up for the launch of G-TAC. A great day was had by all (even me). The next meeting will be on Saturday 3rd November and Sunday 4th. Will have a portacabin in place this week, with power points and a couple of porto loos. Thanks again lads. Martin.

I want pics!

So, all ye boggers, ahem, i mean people of the west, can play too. Tis good news. And you never know, we might drop in some time....You thinkin what i'm thinkin? Invasion of the Dubs? MaxForce, you get the site fully operational and then we can try organise our invasion:D

Define Fully Operational?? So that we can get it ready for you so ye wont have any reason not to come and get wooped:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

MaxForce wrote: »
    ... and get wooped:D

Don't say the word 'woop', townies may start into a whole bog-men = rednecks thing

EDIT:
    99883929in1.png

Taste 6mm death Scope and Max, YAR!!

lol
    told ya we could have done with a flame thrower Max :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

lol whats the story with the pic of the 2 guys who look like they are lost, did they just wander into the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I took one look out the window and said **** that for a game of trout. Are ye open tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday. i want to go but I'm terrible fragile altogether, the wet weather don't suit me.

Crave wrote: »
    lol whats the story with the pic of the 2 guys who look like they are lost, did they just wander into the site?

That was myself and scope. We were hunting Genghiz and another lad but the area is vast it was a difficult job. I was standing above Genghiz at one stage and I never seen him. Great fun though.

Sorry wrong pic. That was myself and my nephew. We were checking the site out a couple of days befor the meeting. This field is surrounded by a deep wet ditch and a thick woods. Access to it unless through the gate that's used by the players would next to impossible.

I deleted that pic.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I took one look out the window and said **** that for a game of trout. Are ye open tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday. i want to go but I'm terrible fragile altogether, the wet weather don't suit me.

It was not to bad up here. The rain held off until around 4. At that stage we were so whacked out anyway we just stopped. Wont be open again until next week as want to have the portacabin and porta loos in place.

lol
    told ya we could have done with a flame thrower Max :D

Quote sent to BFSL, AirsoftEire and Eirsoft for one flame thrower :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looks very good.

By fully operational i mean:

Full stock of BBs
    Safezone
    Charging
    Toilets
    Shelter(Paul has 2 ronacabins[One for us and one for the office]and a shipping container for his equipment)
    Enough Cover for 30+ players
    Scenarios Planned.
    Marshals
    Parking.

Think thats it...:)

Looks very good.

By fully operational i mean:

Full stock of BBs
    Safezone
    Charging
    Toilets
    Shelter(Paul has 2 ronacabins[One for us and one for the office]and a shipping container for his equipment)
    Enough Cover for 30+ players
    Scenarios Planned.
    Marshals
    Parking.

Think thats it...:)
    • Had BB's
    • Had a safe zone
    • As said earlier, a porta cabin with power points and loos arriving this week
    • Have only 3 rentals at the moment so don't need a container
    • The pictures show plenty of cover
    • Scenarios were planned but not much you can do with 4 lads
    • I had marshals ready but again with only 4 of us no need
    • Site has parking for about 30 cars and can accommodate a bus if needed.
    Its taken Paul some time to get to where he is now and it is with the support of the players he has done that. If we get the same amount of support at G-TAC that Paul gets to HRTA, we will have no problem getting in another porta cabin or provide the same service as he does. :cool::)

*looks forward to next weekend* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

The prices are the same as in HRTA and Drogheda isn't it?

Ok....

I'm thinking christmas shoot...oh...snow...if we were so blessed.....

Ok, If you're interested in a Christmas Shoot at G-TAC.

Interested in Xmas Shoot:

Lethal_Bullet

Maybe even a night shoot....hmmm

Ok....

Hmmmm DPM+Flour........
    YORE ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

lethal the official spokesperson for dublin,

maxforce site looks great from the pics ive seen ,there is a couple of us from HRTA thinking about a camping trip down to your airsoft kingdom ,
    that pic Genghiz Cohen posted looks the lane we have up here ,at least we will know to expect ,
    flamethrowers, save's on buying a bbq

cant wait to visit

Gatling wrote: »
    genzig

:confused::mad::rolleyes::o:p;):confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, the pics look great. Is that actual forest I see?! :eek:

A big event like a Christmas shoot would be excellent. Even better if it went on all weekend and we were allowed camp there...bit of survival thrown in to the mix ;)

lethal the official spokesperson for dublin,

maxforce site looks great from the pics ive seen ,there is a couple of us from HRTA thinking about a camping trip down to your airsoft kingdom ,
    that pic genzig posted looks the lane we have up here ,at least we will know to expect ,
    flamethrowers, save's on buying a bbq

cant wait to visit

Yeah, as a bunch of ye know we have the war wagon so camping is good!

Add your names to the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

that pic genzig posted looks the lane we have up here ,at least we will know to expect ,

A complete deathtrap?

:confused::mad::rolleyes::o:p;):confused:

Sorry Friend:o:o:o:o:o

spelling corrected

Tomazas wrote: »
    The prices are the same as in HRTA and Drogheda isn't it?

Yes. 25€ walk on. €45 including walk on and rental with 500 rds. I should have face masks in by the end of the week to go with the rentals.

Judt on a side note, I have converted a friend to Airsoft, should be up with him and my sister within 3 weeks. how many rentals will you have by then?
    And will you leave any AKs for anyone else, I saw the glint of love in your eye the last day.

Ok....

Ok, If you're interested in a Christmas Shoot at G-TAC.

Interested in Xmas Shoot:

Lethal_Bullet

Maybe even a night shoot....hmmm

I have the owners permission to do a night shoot there. When myself and scope were up at the staging point and Genghiz and the lad from Carlow were down in the woods, we couldn't even hear them yelling at us that they were set so noise wouldn't be an issue. There are plenty of places to pitch tents and a supply of fresh water in the staging area. Parking is no problem for any vehicle. I will look further into this but would need to know firm number's and a general consensus on dates. SO start preying for snow :D

Judt on a side note, I have converted a friend to Airsoft, should be up with him and my sister within 3 weeks. how many rentals will you have by then?
    And will you leave any AKs for anyone else, I saw the glint of love in your eye the last day.

Well seeing how as you were one of the first I will reserve all three for you. Yes even my one. :D Should have a few more by then but was dead impressed the way those Beta's were shooting.

that pic Genghiz Cohen posted looks the lane we have up here ,

Ask poor Scope about the lane. He was killed walking up and down it when we were looking for Genghiz and the Carlow lad.:D There are also accessible woods to the left and right of the lane with terrific under growth and plenty of cover for sniping.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wow, the pics look great. Is that actual forest I see?! :eek:

A big event like a Christmas shoot would be excellent. Even better if it went on all weekend and we were allowed camp there...bit of survival thrown in to the mix ;)

Camping no problem. There is a planted forest there but I have not had time to get into it to try and thin it out but what you see in the pics is a natural wood that although looks very thick, it has natural pathways through it. Plenty of little hides to dig in. You can even wash your socks in the bog water :D. Hows that for survival.;)

sure we a coule of sneaky gits up here ,so i reckon we can deal with the boys ,counter sniper unit ,stlll should be a good experiance for all , Maxforce expect a pm soon ,when those intrested get together and make advanced plans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I am hoping to get there next sunday, depends on if I have to collect stuff from dublin. If I attend, maybe able to bring a small generator. May bring the wife's car and have room for passengers as well

Join Ireland Weather Network

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement