Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sonic_Goose

hands down win for lost souls today in g-tac :D yahooooooooooo bring on the reckoning :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 E.B.

Hey i am woundering cauz i cant remember correctybut are the owners of G-Tac opening a airsoft shop in galway?(sorry if this was posted on the last page or 2 but cant check broadband keeps going and would take ages to find out)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

as far as i know they dont own that shop i know martin has too much work on his plate to take on a airsoft shop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 webo

:D Yesterday, 23:00 #7 G-TAC
    blue_star_1.gif

Adverts | Friends

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hande hoche! viewpost.gif
    There was talk of G-TAC opening a store if I remember correctly but not sure when.

yes we are pm for details and or watch boards for announcement guys
    regards evelyn
    user_offline.gifreport.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gyster

(hands down win for lost souls today in g-tac)i dont remember lost souls betting us badly,they out number us,we won the first game and if i remember we got another win cause some people on their side wouldnt call their hits and ended up people left because of it ,fair play to the guys down at g-tac tho for putting the foot down,its a game at the end of the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Lost Souls? Cheating? Whoa..... cant be true :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shogun Assassin

E.B. wrote: »
    Hey i am woundering cauz i cant remember correctybut are the owners of G-Tac opening a airsoft shop in galway?(sorry if this was posted on the last page or 2 but cant check broadband keeps going and would take ages to find out)

EDIT: See below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Yes we are opening a shop please wait for big announcment guys thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

G-TAC wrote: »
    Yes we are opening a shop please wait for big announcment guys thanks

Whats with the suspense!? Ye're just teasing us now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SOLID_SNAKE!

SOLID_SNAKE!
    234.gif
    Need to know, I am quite interested in becoming an airsofter and have been for a while, it's a crime that theres no site closer to Sligo, but i want to know about age restrictions for skirmishes, I am 16, so can i play with parental consent?, also i have many airsoft weapons but i dont see a point in buying BDU's and vests if i can't play regularly, so i need to be briefed on what stuff to bring, types of clothing, food, and what does your rental gear provide, because this would be my first time airsofting, it would be an introduction.So let me know what the full day of play includes.One last thing, if i bring two buddys do they need parental consent, or how would that work?

cool.pngTMMAC10copy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Hay there,
    Welcome to airsoft.

Firstly, best not to call them "weapons". They arent weapons unless they are used in such a manner.

As for your questions,

Anyone under 18 needs parental or guardians consent.
    Olive drab or brown clothes are best, and a good pair of boots are an absolute must!!
    Vests and such arent 100% necessary as you start, but like most I'm sure you'll eventually find them needed.
    Food isnt necessary as it is supplied on the day, unless you want to bring snacks out to the field with you.
    As for rentals you can get a rental gun and mask. BBs and Gas are available on site.

You'll get a FULL day for €25, including many games in the various play areas and also your main meal and water and such in between games.

If your friends are under 18 they too will need their parents/guarsians consent.

So come along, have your introduction. I guarantee you'll love it.

I did.:cool:

Thanks for all the info, also i know about not refering to them as "weapons" it's just cause i copied and pasted this from the message that i left on their forums, again thanks.also about the other two players if there is an adult there, say my parents, can they sign the waiver thing for the two others?(same age, 16)
    :D

or would it have to get as complicated as a photocopied signiture?:confused:

Fair enough on the weapons point, just making sure.

As for the consent. I guess if they were there in a guardian capacity for the three of you, it would be OK, but that would be one for Martin or Evelyn to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sonic_Goose

Gyster wrote: »
    (hands down win for lost souls today in g-tac)i dont remember lost souls betting us badly,they out number us,we won the first game and if i remember we got another win cause some people on their side wouldnt call their hits and ended up people left because of it ,fair play to the guys down at g-tac tho for putting the foot down,its a game at the end of the day :)

Ah no as far as i remember ye won 1 and thats it plus to be fair there were people on both side's not takin hit's defo but thats life :)

btw, i assume the rental gun is a chinese copy, my friends are curious to what real steel make and model it is, G36C?

btw, i assume the rental gun is a chinese copy, my friends are curious to what real steel make and model it is, G36C?

The rentals are an AK Beta Spetsnaz, MP5 and I think an M4. Not sure about the M4 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 deathhand

(hands down win for lost souls today in g-tac)i dont remember lost souls betting us badly,they out number us,we won the first game and if i remember we got another win cause some people on their side wouldnt call their hits and ended up people left because of it ,fair play to the guys down at g-tac tho for putting the foot down,its a game at the end of the day smile.gif

there was 11 of ye and 10 of us as for the not taking there hits the person in question was pinned by 3 people and put his hat on a stick and moved to the left and got 2 and the other lad got him the problem was after when he want forward to respawn and not back well done to the marshals on the call.some of your paople were not staints ask the 2 that didnt move when they were peppered. so a great day was had by the lost souls bring on the 5th

Just three rental guns?, or did u buy a bunch of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

no there are a good few m5ps (16ish i think)
    3ish aks and something else

whuts the fps like?, if u dont mind

• Advertisement

Sorry, I meant there was a number of each of the guns I listed. Not just one of each.:o

They are about the 1J mark, obviously they dont exceed it.

thx:cool:

deathhand wrote: »
    (hands down win for lost souls today in g-tac)i dont remember lost souls betting us badly,they out number us,we won the first game and if i remember we got another win cause some people on their side wouldnt call their hits and ended up people left because of it ,fair play to the guys down at g-tac tho for putting the foot down,its a game at the end of the day smile.gif

there was 11 of ye and 10 of us as for the not taking there hits the person in question was pinned by 3 people and put his hat on a stick and moved to the left and got 2 and the other lad got him the problem was after when he want forward to respawn and not back well done to the marshals on the call.some of your paople were not staints ask the 2 that didnt move when they were peppered. so a great day was had by the lost souls bring on the 5th

As I was watching your conversation I've tips for solution.
    <SNIP>

As good as that MAY seem... I personnaly wouldnt be in favour.
    I like to think I'm playing with honest people, for whom the honour system still means something.

Obviously not accusing anybody of anything, not having been there, but I think that the other thread on cheating/hot guns provided better solutions without damaging the integrity of the sport.

After all it says the mark can be wiped off with a damp rag. Airsofters have lots of pockets. IF somebody was cheating I'm sure they'd be willing to carry a damp rag to continue on in their behaviour.

My 2 cents anyways.

As good as that MAY seem... I personnaly wouldnt be in favour.
    I like to think I'm playing with honest people, for whom the honour system still means something.

Obviously not accusing anybody of anything, not having been there, but I think that the other thread on cheating/hot guns provided better solutions without damaging the integrity of the sport.

After all it says the mark can be wiped off with a damp rag. Airsofters have lots of pockets. IF somebody was cheating I'm sure they'd be willing to carry a damp rag to continue on in their behaviour.

My 2 cents anyways.

absolutely right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 deathhand

i would have to go with snipersight on that and if people start using the mini paint balls very one would have to use goggles and full face masks. health and safety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭voodoo1

deathhand wrote: »

Guy's this is Alan. Hit taking or the lack there of was on both sides. and as you seen it will NOT be tolerated at G-TAC or any other site I'm sure. The guy's that left went because they lived in Sligo and had a long drive ahead of them. Not because of people not taking hits. And form what i seen most people had a good day. Lets try remember that alright.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭voodoo1

And a reminder to all that G-TAC will be closed this Sunday the 15th of March because of the Philippino Charity Day and it is not open to the public. Sorry for any inconvenience!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cannonball

Howdy,

Is Operation Thunder Rolls(Vietnam event) still going ahead on the 21st?
    There is a serious lack of information about it or I'm not looking in the right places. And there's a lot of talk about organising a Vietnam game elsewhere on boards.

Please tell me that it is still happening.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

cannonball wrote: »
    Howdy,

Is Operation Thunder Rolls(Vietnam event) still going ahead on the 21st?
    There is a serious lack of information about it or I'm not looking in the right places. And there's a lot of talk about organising a Vietnam game elsewhere on boards.

Please tell me that it is still happening.
    Thanks
    Ive kit almost sorted for Nam :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement