Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

cormac128 wrote: »
    getting to portumna isnt a problem finding ye will be lol hopefully it wont be too hard

PM Replied, ill txt you in the morning where to meet up:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Just want to say a big thank you to the 50+ players who played at G-TAC Portumna to-day. Especialy those who traveled through fog and ice to get there. What a great honourable day it was. There were quite a few new people to the sport there to-day as well as some old friends that we have not seen in some time. All were welcome and all played well. We spent most of our day in the woodland and everyone was so well behaved, myself and Sean B even got to play a couple of games.

Watch this space for the next date out at G-TAC Portumna.

Regards,
    Martin and Sean B.

PS For those who were not sure of our location can I remind everyone that full directions are on our website and we are also contactable on our booking line number.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Thanks for a great day fellas, 1st time out, it was excellent fun! 3 tired Sligo lads who'll be back, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SparkyDNut

Fog and Ice, I enter into evidence exhibit A...

Thanks again for another great day... Had a blast again... Another great hassle free day... Great to see it played as it should be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Gunnar

cheer's lads for a super day will be down for next event when there is 1:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Super days Gaming today ,
    its days like this that remind you why we love Airsoft and why we love GTAC,

Big thank you to T-Wolf for the Transport and P90

Cant wait for the next day out in Galway

Killer of Mauri aegs

Absolutely cracking day in G-Tac Portumna yesterday,Most of it spent in the Main Woods, was great to get back out there, and to see so many faces I had not seen in ages. And it just reminded me how long it had been since I had a good days skirmishing, I was stiff & sore last night :D but was well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Wicked day guys, The Portumna Site NEVER EVER Dissapoints!, what was really cool was the eerie fog that hung about the forest all day, made for some seriously cool stalking moments! i got some great pics that ill upload here, Anyone that was on site on the day, if you have any objections about your photo being uploaded here let me know!
    Thanks again G-Tac Team

Gatling wrote: »
    Super days Gaming today ,
    its days like this that remind you why we love Airsoft and why we love GTAC,

Big thank you to T-Wolf for the Transport and P90

Cant wait for the next day out in Galway

Killer of Mauri aegs

Good to see the Vice Chair gets out of his chair every now and then and Shoots!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

mcshape wrote: »
    Wicked day guys, The Portumna Site NEVER EVER Dissapoints!, what was really cool was the eerie fog that hung about the forest all day, made for some seriously cool stalking moments! i got some great pics that ill upload here, Anyone that was on site on the day, if you have any objections about your photo being uploaded here let me know!
    Thanks again G-Tac Team

I know what you mean......was nearly sure i saw a close relative to the Yeti staking through the woods at one stage.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

mcshape wrote: »
    Good to see the Vice Chair gets out of his chair every now and then and Shoots!! :D

Shoots!! maybe when he's not breaking guns...!! :D:D

McShape - never thought I'd say it - but the shag hoodie MW loadout looked really savage and was surprisingly very good in the forest! (warm too i bet!);)

edit - just been looking at the brown one on ebtactical - they look better in real life than in the pics. After having my nads half frozen-off yesterday - it could be next on the list...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

Whats a shag hoody?

- oooooh nevermind, I googled it. That really is very cool. Something similar might indeed be useful for outdoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

sci-ops wrote: »
    I know what you mean......was nearly sure i saw a close relative to the Yeti staking through the woods at one stage.:p

And just think, If you had been quicker off the mark you might have gotten the kill! :D

Shoots!! maybe when he's not breaking guns...!! :D:D

McShape - never thought I'd say it - but the shag hoodie MW loadout looked really savage and was surprisingly very good in the forest! (warm too i bet!);)

edit - just been looking at the brown one on ebtactical - they look better in real life than in the pics. After having my nads half frozen-off yesterday - it could be next on the list...

I knew they would be epic, It was warm, and it did work surprisingly well in the camo department, Avoid the brown, i've seen it in real life not good

Fireborn wrote: »
    Whats a shag hoody?

- oooooh nevermind, I googled it. That really is very cool. Something similar might indeed be useful for outdoors.

There is a pic of me wearing it in the Airsoft Reviews / Pictures of your loadout in the field thread

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

i'd just like to echo the comments about yesterday. It was a really great day.
    I'd very much like to see GTAC in portumna open again soon and hopefully twice a month from now on.

Just as long as it is made public via email/webtext or whatever, we should always have a good turnout.

Thanks for a really good day !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭cormac128

thanks for a great day out yesterday and the gib about the directions i hope that wasnt entended for me or else my gun might end up facing your direction :) also to the guy who got shot in the nuts ouch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The lad from limerick who bang killed me in the woods near the cqb a true gentleman ,
    sat 15 mins stalking 2 lads with armbands, lying on the damp ground go to make my move a lad comes behind me are you armbands no butthe lad 10 meters in front of me is ,you sure yes the arm band is on his right arm ,filck p90 to auto lad behind me leans down BANG KILL pointing to his arm band classic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Great day out. The last game of the day, where Martin was the pilot was really enjoyable. Took a few crack to the nose at the start of the day though :( they hurt. Will definately be back next time. :)

EDIT: Would also like to point out this the 2000th post on this thread, what an honour

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭T-wolf

Killer of Mauri aegs

No Probs on the P90 mate - and you'll be pleased to know it seems to have survived perfectly well. Hope you manage to revive both of yours :)

You might want to change your Boards ID tho, if you're gonna make a habit of breaking your AEG's :P

Folks, thanks to all of ye for a superb days gaming. Martin and the GTAC team, another superb day. See ye there again soon :)

• Advertisement

The lad from limerick who bang killed me in the woods near the cqb a true gentleman ,
    sat 15 mins stalking 2 lads with armbands, lying on the damp ground go to make my move a lad comes behind me are you armbands no butthe lad 10 meters in front of me is ,you sure yes the arm band is on his right arm ,filck p90 to auto lad behind me leans down BANG KILL pointing to his arm band classic

He will be delighted to hear, I was wondering who he got when he was telling me on the way home hehe, Good Ol Military Training hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

Hey Martin/Evelyn,

When is portumna going to be open again ?...

Feb 7th ?..

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭son-of-plunder

please not the 7th! im locked in with the rally (yay :D) and really want to go to gtac haha

Yeah, the 7th doesn't suit me either. The 14th, 21st, 28th are all OK though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 seanniebiscuit

formally known as hawk_eyes84

was askin martin and eveyln and suggested the first sunday in march just puttin it out there try get an idea of wat sort of numbers we can get so lads if it suits post it up or any other suggestions

formally known as hawk_eyes84

was askin martin and eveyln and suggested the first sunday in march just puttin it out there try get an idea of wat sort of numbers we can get so lads if it suits post it up or any other suggestions
    7th March is perfect for me, come on guys get booking the time off with whoever is necessary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Booked off, Cannot wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 seanniebiscuit

good lads was talkin to our lads approx 10 goin give or take one or two either side of it

I'm there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Gonna see if I can get it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement