Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Galway Tactical Airsoft Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

ill be going this saturday, Oh Max keep an eye out for an Aug mag if your down their in the mean time [the latest thing to fall out of me dump pouch :(]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'll be there on 17th +1
    he'll need a rental

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

rbd wrote: »
    I'll be there on 17th +1
    he'll need a rental
    Thats great. Will you make sure he has a balaclava or somthing to protect his face in case I dont have my masks on time.
    Many Thanks.

what sorta time does one arrive at?

what sorta time does one arrive at?

I will be on site from around 9:30 with regestration, chronograph and safty briefing upto around 10:15 or so. Play should start just after that with lunch and afternoon regestration from 1pm to around 1:45 and play again until around 4:30 when the light starts to fade.

• Advertisement

MaxForce wrote: »
    I will be on site from around 9:30 with regestration, chronograph and safty briefing upto around 10:15 or so. Play should start just after that with lunch and afternoon regestration from 1pm to around 1:45 and play again until around 4:30 when the light starts to fade.

ok i'm coming from sligo
    how long should that take
    can you pm me a contact number for when i get lost

ok i'm coming from sligo

OK according to AA Roadwatch it will take 2 hr 19 min. The way AA Roadwatch say to go is through Athlone. I will stick up the route planner from Sligo to Ballycrossaun. And PM sent re my number.

ok i'm coming from sligo

Sligo to G-TAC

Time: 2 hr 19 min
    Total Distance (Km): 161.59
    convert to miles >>

0.0 Start out at Sligo,Sligo R292 0.0

0.3 At traffic signals continue forward onto Lord Edward Street - R292 (signposted All Other Routes) R292 0.3

0.1 At traffic signals turn left onto the N4 (signposted Dublin) N4 0.4

0.2 At traffic signals continue forward onto the N4 N4 0.6

0.4 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N4 N4 1.0

10.0 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N4 (signposted Dublin) N4 10.9

0.6 At roundabout take the 1st exit onto the N4 (signposted Dublin) N4 11.6

13.4 Continue forward onto the N4 Entering Castle Baldwin N4 25.0

13.5 Turn right onto the N61 (signposted Boyle) N61 38.5

2.0 Continue forward onto the N61 Entering Boyle N61 40.5

0.1 Turn right onto the R294 (signposted Tobercurry) R294 40.6

0.5 Bear right onto the N61 (signposted Roscommon) N61 41.2

24.0 Continue forward onto the N61 Entering Tulsk N61 65.2

0.4 At crossroads bear left onto the N61 (signposted Athlone) N61 65.6

16.8 Continue forward onto the N61 Entering Roscommon N61 82.4

0.4 At roundabout take the 1st exit onto the N61 (signposted Longford, Athlone) N61 82.8

0.7 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N63 (signposted Athlone, Galway) onto Roscommon bypass N63 83.5

0.7 At roundabout take the 1st exit onto the N61 (signposted Athlone) N61 84.2

8.9 Continue forward onto the N61 Entering Knockcroghery N61 93.1

1.4 Continue forward onto the N61 Over level crossing N61 94.5

14.5 Continue forward onto the N61 Entering Barry More N61 109.0

4.1 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N61 (signposted Athlone) N61 113.1

0.2 Continue forward onto the N61 Entering Athlone N61 113.3

0.1 Branch right, then merge onto the N6 (signposted Galway) N6 113.4

20.9 Continue forward onto the N6 Entering Ballinasloe N6 134.3

1.1 At traffic signals turn right onto Church Street - N6 (signposted Galway) N6 135.3

1.0 Bear left onto the N6 (signposted Galway) N6 136.4

2.4 Turn left onto the R355 (signposted Portumna) R355 138.8

11.5 Continue forward onto the R355 Entering Laurencetown R355 150.3

8.2 Turn right onto the R356 (signposted Galway) R356 158.5

0.1 Turn left onto the R355 (signposted Portumna) R355 158.6

2.5 Continue forward onto the R355 Entering Ballycrossaun R355 161.2

0.5 Finish at Ballycrossaun,Galway R355 161.7

There will be signs for G-TAC from Ballycrossaun to G-TAC. Ring me if you need to.

http://picasaweb.google.com/galwaytacticalairsoftcentre/Gtac111107

Pictures from Sunday at G-TAC. Sorry about the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 reaper7

Hi Maxforce Just confirming Rentals for Saturday, I booked one and Mike emailed you and booked 2 both from 1pm on.
    Haven't received my second M4-S but should have it by then, so three rentals has us covered. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DOGMA

Are all the rentals taken for the 17th,as i might have a 4th person interested not definate yet but it would be for a full day.How many do you have booked in for that day?looks like there is alot of interest.

reaper7 wrote: »
    Hi Maxforce Just confirming Rentals for Saturday, I booked one and Mike emailed you and booked 2 both from 1pm on.
    Haven't received my second M4-S but should have it by then, so three rentals has us covered. :)
    Hi reaper. Got 1 booked for you and Mike wanted 1 for a full day and was looking for 2 for a half day. As I only have 4 rentals at the moment, and one was already booked, I can only give the 2 for full day to your self and Mike and 1 for half day to Mike as one rifle is already booked. Sorry bud. I hope to be sending for some more next week. I told Mike I might be able to organise a rental for him through Scope but he is short a battery at the moment and is trying to get one. Please let me know if there is a change to this. Many Thanks, Martin.

DOGMA wrote: »
    Are all the rentals taken for the 17th,as i might have a 4th person interested not definate yet but it would be for a full day.How many do you have booked in for that day?looks like there is alot of interest.

Hi Dogma, its looking like 10+ at the moment. All rentals have been booked but if I get any cancelled I will let you know ASAP.
    Cheers, Martin.

looking forward to Saturday have had a few suggestions on scenarios for skirmish have set up an excellent one for Saturday hope everyone enjoys it .weather looking good for weekend :D

thanks to all the lads for attending sunday pictures now up on website for your inspection click in logo on my page :)

looking forward to Saturday have had a few suggestions on scenarios for skirmish have set up an excellent one for Saturday hope everyone enjoys it .weather looking good for weekend
    Ya its looking like it will be a great day alright. itl be my first[and hopefully last] skirmish without my shotgun though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hello,

I was just wondering, for this planned trip by the lads from Dublin if we could get the numbers up what would be the odds of taking a train down and organising a small bus to take us up to the site and back. I just can't stand the thought of driving back after a weekend of skirmishing.

Hi reaper. Got 1 booked for you and Mike wanted 1 for a full day and was looking for 2 for a half day. As I only have 4 rentals at the moment, and one was already booked, I can only give the 2 for full day to your self and Mike and 1 for half day to Mike as one rifle is already booked. Sorry bud. I hope to be sending for some more next week. I told Mike I might be able to organise a rental for him through Scope but he is short a battery at the moment and is trying to get one. Please let me know if there is a change to this. Many Thanks, Martin.

Thats great Maxforce, currently waiting on the M4-S but not looking good to have it by Saturday.
    If it arrives Friday I could cancel the one I ordered as Dogma is looking for a rental, and I could share my Gun with one of the Evening people as one is just really up for a look.

Will let you and Dogma know by Friday evening if it arrives.
    Still waiting on feedback from the other groups of Airsofters if they are going.

krazy_8s wrote: »
    Hello,

I was just wondering, for this planned trip by the lads from Dublin if we could get the numbers up what would be the odds of taking a train down and organising a small bus to take us up to the site and back. I just can't stand the thought of driving back after a weekend of skirmishing.

Hi Krazy_8s, If it helps to get ye down by all means but it would have to be organised from yer side. I am looking into the possibilty of a private bus service that runs to and from Portumna and Dublin which stops at Ballycrossaun. I will have more info on this in the coming week.
    Cheers,
    Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Ill try to make an apperance on saturday, need to charge me battery though.

• Advertisement

DOGMA wrote: »

Hi Dopgma the rental i booked is available now as the lad i was bringing me cant make as hes sick.

Great day was had today despite the drowning we all got. There were 10 players today and extra few bodies made it all the worth. Thanks to all the lads (and lassies)that showed up. Yes there was one and she was very welcome. Will post the pictures latter tonight or tomorrow as am totally wrecked.

Someone dropped a 3/4 bottle of BB's in the woods which was found by Scope. If you lost it let me know and I will hold it for your next visit.

Thanks again,
    Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi maxforce, any chance of me stealing some of those pics for the bebo group. If you say yes I'll Put them in an album called G-TAC and link to you guys.

Cheers,
    Lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Great day was had today despite the drowning we all got. ...

We all got?
    :p

yea twas a good day, cheers all.

We all got?
    :p

Oops sorry. Except Genghiz, we (everyone else) got soaked

Hi maxforce, any chance of me stealing some of those pics for the bebo group. If you say yes I'll Put them in an album called G-TAC and link to you guys.

Cheers,
    Lethal.

Absolutly mate. Use what ever you like. :D

Comon, add yourselves lads.

The proposed overnight visit to G-TAC will now not go ahead mainly for the following reasons,
    1. Not enough numbers.
    2. I cant attend during the day becaus of work commitments. I am in retail and I cannot get a Sunday and / or a Saturday off coming upto Christmas.
    3. It will be to damn cold. Airsofters can not play when they are frozen.:D

But do not fear, there will be plans for a weekend in the not to distant future. When there are long bright, dry evenings and when I have no problem getting a Saturday and a Sunday off together.

Thanks lads for all your suppourt.
    Martin + Evelyn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DOGMA

Thanks for the great day on sat maxforce great location,loved the woodland area has huge potential really enjoyed ourselves pity about the monsoon,really looking forward to playing there again cheers!:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement