Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW M3 CSL, fast?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Ive seen them at Mondello, and they look pretty snappy. Awesome noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Actually I really do prefer the sound from this

Edit: replaced ITR with NSX-R:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That Honda doesn't sound nice! it sounds like a garbage disposal.

Not enough cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

mick.fr wrote:
    Lovely stuff!
    Sound out of the rs4 is sweet awel.

Though that honda sounds like a peice of sh!t:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Wouldnt say no to the integra. That cant be the standard one with 189bhp. Can it?

• Advertisement

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Wouldnt say no to the integra. That cant be the standard one with 189bhp. Can it?
    Going on the redline that's the Type-R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

JHMEG wrote:

The m3 is a different class and much better sound.In my opinion

Andrewf20 wrote:
    No way!
    He hit 60mph in about 4.8 seconds he deffenitly has mods done, probly a big dirty jananese turbo:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

drdre wrote:
    The m3 is a different class and much better sound.In my opinion
    I'm with you on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I like the 'allo 'allo accent of the reporter :)

Apart from that, somebody recently urged me to move on. An NSX from the 90s is now slower than a typical small modern hatchback, or so they're saying. I don't quite believe them, but things do move on generally I have to admit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

I know we're a little OT here but listen to this beast come around the corner. If Satan had a 4 door saloon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Anyone who knows anything about cars and knows what a good sound is like, will know that an NSX has one of the best sounding engines in the world.
    I won't accept anyone elses "opinion" on this matter, cause to me it's like trying to argue that Westlife do sound good!
    Standard M3 never impressed me with it's sound, but the CSL sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Good Lord Dwilly, I think I've just come.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

wet-paint wrote:
    Good Lord Dwilly, I think I've just come.

You need to get out more mate! :D

unkel wrote:
    I like the 'allo 'allo accent of the reporter :)

Apart from that, somebody recently urged me to move on. An NSX from the 90s is now slower than a typical small modern hatchback, or so they're saying. I don't quite believe them, but things do move on generally I have to admit

Jeez, I need to get meself a modern hatchback, considering Car & Driver managed to hit 60mph in 4.5 sec in a standard NSX, and is pretty much a match for say an M5 on the 'ring.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Plug wrote:
    No way!
    He hit 60mph in about 4.8 seconds he deffenitly has mods done, probly a big dirty jananese turbo:rolleyes:

deffo, no turbo on that ITR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Dwilly wrote:
    I know we're a little OT here but listen to this beast come around the corner. If Satan had a 4 door saloon...
    A guy I work with has the magnaflows fitted to his RS4. Youtube does not do it justice.

MrP

kceire wrote:
    I second that (you'd hear it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

JHMEG wrote:

Oh, dear. A 4 cylinder that sounds crap?
    Surprise surprise:D .

I don't care that it revs to 9,000 rpm, it still sounds like a 4 pot(admittedly not the worst sounding 4 pot I've ever heard, but I've heard better, like the Integrale HF Turbo that was on Discovery Turbo in Wheeler Dealers a few days ago). You'd want to be VERY, as in extremely biased towards Hondas to say that that sounds better than a straight 6 BMW, or a 6 cylinder anything! I'd even prefer to listen to a 6 pot diesel than that! And diesels never sound as good as their equivalent petrol sisters.

IMO of course.

Considering its meant to be a type R, why does speedo only go to 230 km/h? A bit slow for a car thats meant to have 189 ponies lurking under the bonnet in such a small and light car.

All a matter of personal opinion, and not just cos someone else says so. I prefer an engine that sounds race-bred. Doesn't matter how many cylinders.

Can anyone say that the horizontally opposed 4-cyl in the Impreza doesn't sound good? It sounds frickin superb.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote:
    Ahh your right. I'd hear a turbo:o
    He has some serious mods done to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

BMW ///M engines sound fantastic, always have - the engine in the E46 M3, the S54, has won engine of the year EVERY year it was in production, maybe it gets bonus points for the sound :D

I drove through the Port Tunnel this morning - E39 ///M5 with 83mm Eisenmann exhaust - I still have goose-bumps :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

richie_rvf wrote:
    BMW ///M engines sound fantastic, always have - the engine in the E46 M3, the S54, has won engine of the year EVERY year it was in production, maybe it gets bonus points for the sound :D

I drove through the Port Tunnel this morning - E39 ///M5 with 83mm Eisenmann exhaust - I still have goose-bumps :eek:

I can only imagine what that sounds like Richie ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

richie_rvf wrote:

At the speed limit in the tunnel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Originally Posted by JHMEG
    Can anyone say that the horizontally opposed 4-cyl in the Impreza doesn't sound good? It sounds frickin superb.
    Damn right. My Impreza with a full Prodrive exhaust sounds absolutely delicious (I love the Port Tunnel!), so much so that when I was in the US the other week with a V8 I was slightly disappointed.
    Saying that, I was overtaken by an AMG CLS in full cry coming back from Kerry a while a back and happened to have the window down...good God.

Advertisement