Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Which card

Options
  • 05-10-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Sorry for my ignorance here but there are a couple of cards up for sale on Adverts and I would like to get one of them but I don't really know much about graphics cards. I would like a half decent one that could run company of heroes at a decent setting and maybe a couple of new games but Im not expecting to beable to run crysis on it or anything though but that would be nice. Anyway the cards are:
    XFX GeForce 6800 GS 256MB XXX
    NVidia 256MB nVidia GeForce 8600GTS

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

8600GTS is considered poor value because its performance does not reflect its cost. but i saw someone selling one for 80 euro on adverts, which makes it a bargin. 6800gs is ok but very old at this stage, not worth more then 40-50 euro at best. Not very good for the latest games.

company of heroes would run pretty well on a 6800gs though and at max settings on an 8600gts at 1280x1024 or lower. so if your not looking to play the latest and greatest then the 6800gs is an ok stop gap.

a good one is boomsticks mega sale on adverts. hes selling an 7800gt for 90 euro and can probably be haggled down to 70-80, at which price would be a great card for a cheap price.

Advertisement