Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand.de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

jes-computers are good they were where everone here got there stuf awhile back but people stoped when you had to sart sending bank transers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I would definitely recommend against using them, if you search a bit deeper you'll find a thread of mine ranting about the worst online purchasing experience I've ever had...
    Afraid I can't really recommend anybody else apart from Komplett though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

komplett are good for cheap postage, prompt delivery, and easy returns, but their range isn't always the best, and they're not the cheapest - though not too far off.

overclockers have a really good range, prompt delivery, postage isn't too bad, though I've never had to return anything.

Lately I've bought off elara - they're handy as you can collect in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Can't say I had any trouble with my order from them last month, delivery was relatively fast, nothing to complain about. I got a P5k Premium, Q6600 and a dvd burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Looks like they are a bit hit and miss so....

I'll chance ordering one or two things and see how it fairs out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

yea to be honest, I wouldnt advise them at all

Customer service isnt great - every email i got from them was in german so i had to translate it with an online translater everytime

i talked to their online support - wouldn't speak in english - i had to try to translate everything i said and he said

they didnt get my money for ages and cancelled 3 of my orders

so yea, useless, but good prices. if you dont mind waiting 1-2months then by all means go for it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hey white falcon did you eventually get your stuff from hardwarewersand?

Ye I ordered from them too but my bank never put through the transfer so its another thing to keep an eye on. Prices are very good but the hassle of communication and waiting isnt worth it really. Cant really see past Dabs or Komplett. Elara got some good stuff like heatsinks and fans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

my fav is dabs.ie,and postage is only 13.50.i found them the cheapest to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

to be fair in the post you linked to the OP doe mention that there was an error
    macplaxton wrote:
    Update:

The bank had sent the money and the retailer appears to have it tied up with the order now. There was a slight misspelling of the account name, but all the crucial numbers were correct.

His entire argument/complaint fell down right here.
    Imho this means the problem was with the sender making a mstake and no matter how slight the mistake it would mean the transfer would not match up on the system without someone manually doing some delving.

I use AIB (online) they are the best, i've used BOI for bank transferand they are crap. Dunno about UB but it seems like they'tre not to great either.

Moral of the story is get a better bank and fill out the form correctly and you won't have these nonpayment problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

I have ordered some stuff (mobo+ram+cpu+cpu cooler) from them-no problems at all ...it took only ten days to get it all.....will def order again .

• Advertisement

It would be just as easy, in my opinion to pay the extra few bob with Komplett/Dabs and have the stuff delivered swiftly, and pay lower shipping charges

It would be just as easy, in my opinion to pay the extra few bob with Komplett/Dabs and have the stuff delivered swiftly, and pay lower shipping charges
    The extra few bob for each component can add up to quite a lot and postage is a max of 30 on hardwareversand vs the minimum of 12 on komplett, not a big difference really. For example lets take the corsair HX620, a pretty popular psu Komplett vs. Hardwareversand that's just one component.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

yea to be honest, I wouldnt advise them at all

Customer service isnt great - every email i got from them was in german so i had to translate it with an online translater everytime

i talked to their online support - wouldn't speak in english - i had to try to translate everything i said and he said

they didnt get my money for ages and cancelled 3 of my orders

so yea, useless, but good prices. if you dont mind waiting 1-2months then by all means go for it

thats being a bit unfair now , if people from germany order from lets say dabs.ie and phone up should they expect the person to speak german to them? no

you ordering from another country and if you want to take the risk go ahead the total savings on my build from them was Over 400 euros , ordering fro HW is better than ordering from oc.co.uk , ask if you can speak to a person who speaks english , when i phoned i asked and got transfered to one , kon ich bitte spreichen su einem person das english spricht , i said , ya klar , transferred badda bing badda boom ;D

Found a possible alternative- http://www3.atelco.de/8A1tTXR1qOWZPf/1/home.jsp?lid=2

Anyone experience with these guys? They accept paypal which is a plus...more of less same prices as hardwareversand

Found a possible alternative- http://www3.atelco.de/8A1tTXR1qOWZPf/1/home.jsp?lid=2

Anyone experience with these guys? They accept paypal which is a plus...more of less same prices as hardwareversand
    Don't know really, there's quite a few german shops though that will ship internationally another one that's good apparently is trend4pc.de.

In the end just ordered components off komplett and pixmania this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It appears that they only accept PayPal under certain conditions?

1. Only for transactions up to €300

2. No Credit Card transfers via PayPal are accepted.

Does item 2 above mean that you would have to lodge money to your PayPal account first or what?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I will be as baised as possible with this :

Stay the feck away from them.... The reasons are :

1. Forget about a rma. ( they will refer you the the manufacturer, even though its their responsibility )

2. I hope you speak fluent german.

3. their customer service is terrible ( they dont speak english ) ( you ask in english, they reply in german, and dont expect babelfish.com to translate it )

4. Bank transfer with no come back... ( seriously )

5. long delivery times ( 3 weeks )

I have spent thousands upon thousands on hardware over the years, and the only companys i would ever go with are:

www.scan.co.uk ( cant beat them for customer service )

www.overclockers.co.uk ( not the best service, but great prices )

www.komplett.ie ( bit pricy, but you will get what you asked for )

www.yoyotech.co.uk ( really cant fault them )

It reallys isnt worth your time going with hardwareversand.de If they accept a CC then it sould, but since you have no cover at all i would avoid them like the plague. There are alot of people here who had ( and are still having ) problems with them. Is saving 200€ worth having a pc that wont work for 2 months?

AVOID AT ALL COSTS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

papu wrote:
    thats being a bit unfair now , if people from germany order from lets say dabs.ie and phone up should they expect the person to speak german to them? no
    I can't be arsed looking, but Dabs.ie most likely don't have the option to translate their website to German, nor would they ship to Germany.
    hardwareversand have the option to view the site in English, so it should be safe to assume that any further correspondance would also be in English...

Bunch of cocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

tman wrote:
    I can't be arsed looking, but Dabs.ie most likely don't have the option to translate their website to German, nor would they ship to Germany.
    hardwareversand have the option to view the site in English, so it should be safe to assume that any further correspondance would also be in English...

Bunch of cocks.

Sorry lads, but....

QFT !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

thegame wrote: »
    my fav is dabs.ie,and postage is only 13.50.i found them the cheapest to be honest

I'd second that. Cheaper than komplett, not as cheap as HWV. Customer support is a bit slow, but at least they speak english!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Anti wrote: »
    I will be as baised as possible with this :

Stay the feck away from them.... The reasons are :

1. Forget about a rma. ( they will refer you the the manufacturer, even though its their responsibility )

2. I hope you speak fluent german.

3. their customer service is terrible ( they dont speak english ) ( you ask in english, they reply in german, and dont expect babelfish.com to translate it )

4. Bank transfer with no come back... ( seriously )

5. long delivery times ( 3 weeks )

1. I RMA'd a card i got off them, they offered a refund or a replacement card, i took the refund because they didn't have the card in stock(plus it took about 2 weeks to get there answer that the card was faulty and i was sick of waiting, ended up buying it in oclockers)

2/3. There customer service do speak English, i have rang three times and each time they had English, not great but ok.

4. Maybe true, it took about 10 days to get mine cleared.

5. Yep i say i was 1 month from placing my order till receiving the goods.

Overall i would not shop there again, as people were saying its not worth the hassle.

Advertisement