Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic retreat

Options
  • 05-10-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this will work or if it would even be of any interest to anyone here but i figure I'd post about and see what peoples feedback is.

There is a comics retreat taking place in England in november and I thought it looked kind of interesting. Due to having two comics cons and 24 hour comics day between now and then I don't think I'll have the energy to travel to england for this one but was wondering if anyone thought it was worth having something like it here?

If it were to happen it wouldn't be till well into the new year I'd think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Hmmm... we have that French con that begins with A that I can't remember in France in Jan ztoical (yeah that means I'm still up for it) but it does sound interesting and maybe just what I need to keep the juices flowing after 24 hour Comics Day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

if the retreat thing was to happen it would be well into the new year, I'd think. Might start a thread for Angouleme see if anyone else is intereted in going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

the Shades wrote:
    Hmmm... we have that French con that begins with A that I can't remember in France in Jan ztoical

Clearly that "A" on your head does stand for France, Murra... :o

I'm sorry...I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist. Beatings may now be administered.

Posting for a friend:

Holla Gringoz and Mama Citas

The Comix + Art Retreat is happening February 15th, 16th and 17th @ Great Fryupdale Old School hostel in the North Yorkshire National Parks (somewhere on the moors)
    You can view the venue for the Comic + Art Retreat @ www.Myspace.com/ComicJam in the photos section is the Comic Retreats Folder

Please help spread the word about the Comix + Art Retreat there is still a few or so places to fill

The Venue

You can visit the North Yorkshire Retreats website (www.nyretreats.co.uk) for more info on the area the Retreat will be taking place and theres also a map and links on how to find and get to the venue by train, car and hot air balloon...
    Okey maybe not hot air balloon. But theres a google map which has the road directions.
    Any train goers I will email you the info, basically the nearest BIG station to the retreat is Middlesbrough train station
    And then its taking the Middlesbrough to Whitby train, but getting off halfway at Lealholm train station, where we will pick you in our minibus and take you to the Old School in Great Fryupdale.
    You can stop off and get booze and food if wanted and we can also get in what you likes anytime also from the local shops
    Bear in mind the first nights (and possibly all weekends) drink and booze will all free and all breakfast, lunch and tea is catered for along with the essentials such as tea and coffee etc will be there to use

The Retreat, what's going down at it?

The comic artists attending so far are a prime slice of the cakey goodness

There will also be Live Art and graffiti all weekend from some of the top-notch graff headz

T-shirt and garment artiness will also be going on with Pizza Box clothing supplying pens and t-shirts etc to draw on
    Bring any kicks (shoes you want to art up) old vinyl records we can paint on anything else you can imagine or want to draw on.

Also decks and other music mixing equipment will be on site in the DJ landing booth of the venue with DJs playing all weekend long.

Anyone who wants to play anything over the weekend bring your stacks of wax and other music formats. Anything goes be it tape to vinyl or mpfree

There will also be some live jamming sessions from the beatz machines over at Third EyeView Records with mcs joining in over the top.

Movie marathons are planned on the evening in the living room of the old school. Any suggestions for movies to show message me back
    Video games will also be on hand for all to play the consoles available to play all weekend goes like this: Nes, Snes, N64, GameCube, Wii, Playstation, Xbox and PC

Old Skool The Comix

Old Skool will be the results of the first Comix + Art Retreat It will feature all the comics and live art work produced over the weekend from comic artists, graffiti artists, writers, photographers and more creative peeps than you can shake a monkey shaped stick at!

As well as Old Skool the comix will feature the Comic Jam produced over the course of the weekend which will come as a comix inside the Old Skool comix/magazine
    Plus a goodie bag of stickers and badges produced over the weekend will come free with Old Skool
    Also a mix CD of some of the best DJ sets from the weekend will come free with the Comix too

Sounds like the best comix in the world to me does it not!
    And it’s going to be published by Linoleum Press.
    Who just so happen to be Publishers of Fine Comics www.Linoleum-Press.com

Comix + Art Retreat Documentary Film

A documentary will be filmed over the weekend also that will if anybody feels up to speaking to the camera or just letting your hand been filmed while drawing

Next Newsletter

I will announce more guests and other attendees as and when they get back to me.

PeaceOut Yo!

Richimon

Email: Stndfish@hotmail.com"

You can find more info on facebook

if anyone is wondering how to get to the retreat both Ryanair and BMI fly to teeside.

• Advertisement

website for the comic retreat [now being call a Jamboree]

Advertisement