Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU Metal Soc

• 05-10-2007 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

I'm finished in DCU since last May and C&S day has passed, I think. But if there's one society DCU needs it's a metal music one for gigs, ticket giveaways, for recommending bands and albums, a band/album of the week, youtube links of the day e-mails etc. etc.

If you're sick and tired of the same old Republic of Loose gigs and have a craving for music of the metal variety then go forth my fellow metaller and form DCU Metal soc.

Ktulu is calling you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

no
    just no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not really sure I like the sound of this to be honest. What you need to do is get involved with Music Soc and try and expand some of the events they do to encompass metal and alternative genres. Of course with the lack of stage for live music at the moment (with the Old Bar closed and the Venue being too big) it's going to be hard to get them out on campus but there's no reason you can't do the rest of things you mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

If there's an Electronic Music society and a Led Zeppelin society (defunct?) then there's no reason not to have a metal one.

Not that I'd join or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

TBH if you have enough people to form a society and a committee willing to push and run events than you should defo do it with music where you will find alot more members plus you should get more financle aid and event experience :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

\m/ >_< \m/

Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Oh just got to fibbers or brux :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

it most likely wouldnt be formed, runs to close to music soc for it to be accepted

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Led Zep soc is so dead... :(

Well they were formed last year, and to be a dead society there needs to me no correspondance with the bank for 18 months. So really they just need a new committee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Well they were formed last year, and to be a dead society there needs to me no correspondance with the bank for 18 months. So really they just need a new committee

Can a society be in a coma? Does it have to be clinically declared dead?

What if Drama soc plays dead for 18 months?

Anyway, as Gizmo suggested, Music soc expanding their range of activites to include metal etc. would probably be the best bet. We live in hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Jesjes wrote: »
    Led Zep soc is so dead... :(

Noooooooooes!

fobster wrote: »
    Can a society be in a coma? Does it have to be clinically declared dead?

What if Drama soc plays dead for 18 months?

Anyway, as Gizmo suggested, Music soc expanding their range of activites to include metal etc. would probably be the best bet. We live in hope.

then again. as far as i know electronic music soc broke away form music soc so its worth a shot......

Advertisement