Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your BB Line Attenuation?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Sounds like fun!!

Downstream Rate 12284 kbps
    Upstream Rate 1021 kbps
    Attenuation 7 dB

Nothing to complain about!!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Is there anything I can do to improve line attenuation?

I am usually getting around 55 down, I bought a router a while back that is supposed to be good at handling weak signals and that has made a small improvement but based on my current stats I will never be able to have more than a 1mb line... :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Thats it for you in a nutshell sconsey. You sound like you are about 3.3-3.5 Miles out from the exchange with a good line .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Digiweb wireless Metro

GG +13 (?)
    SNR 38
    PL 28

I have'nt a clue what that means except the installer let out a small scream of delight when he saw the numbers! :D

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

We estimate that if using a rate adaptive up to 8Mbps service your maximum line speed will be: 1487Kbps

If you are on a Max product, that uses the IP Profile system (sometimes called BRAS Data Rate) if you maintain the above line speed for 3 days or more your IP Profile would be set to: 1Mbps

If your service provider uses ADSL2+ we estimate you may manage line speeds of: 3050Kbps
    With ADSL2+ the maximum IP throughput is likely to be around: 2699Kbps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2048 256
    SN Margin (dB) 31.00 12.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 15.00 8.00

We estimate that if using a rate adaptive up to 8Mbps service your maximum line speed will be:8128Kbps

If you are on a Max product, that uses the IP Profile system (sometimes called BRAS Data Rate) if you maintain the above line speed for 3 days or more your IP Profile would be set to:7.15Mbps

If your service provider uses ADSL2+ we estimate you may manage line speeds of: 22599Kbps

With ADSL2+ the maximum IP throughput is likely to be around:19999Kbps

Newcastle West,Co Limerick

Bring on Adsl2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

We estimate that if using a rate adaptive up to 8Mbps service your maximum line speed will be: 7242Kbps

If you are on a Max product, that uses the IP Profile system (sometimes called BRAS Data Rate) if you maintain the above line speed for 3 days or more your IP Profile would be set to: 21752Kbps

If your service provider uses ADSL2+ we estimate you may manage line speeds of: 21752Kbps
    With ADSL2+ the maximum IP throughput is likely to be around: 19250Kbps

Palmerstown, Dublin.

Is ADSL2+ really a dream for us Irish? :(

Advertisement