Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Godfather [£1.99 or less@CDWOW.com]

• 05-10-2007 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Link here. Use the voucher link here for £1.00 off and get the order to 99p. :)

1095054087_big.jpg
    Interactive Features:
    Interactive Menus, Scene Selection

Review:
    The first part of Francis Ford Coppola's multi-Oscar?winning Godfather trilogy, adapted from Mario Puzo's novel examining the workings of the Mafia from the perspective of one family, is (along with the sequel) Hollywood's greatest cinematic achievement since the Second World War. With a cast of relative unknowns at the time: Al Pacino (Godfather part II & III, Scarface, Heat, Carlito's Way, Donnie Brasco), James Caan (Mickey Blue Eyes, Misery), Robert Duvall (Godfather Part II, Apocalypse Now) and Diane Keaton (Manhattan, Annie Hall) and a known risk: Marlon Brando (A Streetcar Named Desire, On the Waterfront), Coppola managed to construct a masterpiece that perfectly depicted the Mafia lifestyle without glamorising it. The rise of the young Michael Corleone, who is slowly forced to take control of the 'family business', is a powerful and terrifying study of moral decay, political corruption and the breakdown of the family unit. Pacino gives a performance that literally sucks the audience in and slowly reveals the personal horror of the American-dream gone bad. From the opening wedding scene to a severed horse's head in a Hollywood movie-mogul's bed and exile in peasant Sicily, the arc of the film is as grand, beautiful and dramatic as an opera. The exquisitely designed scenes, haunting musical score and superlative cast cement The Godfather in film history as one of the greatest films ever made. For evident reason, The Godfather won several awards including three Oscars?for Best Picture, Best Screenplay and Best Actor (Marlon Brando), nominated for 8 more; one BAFTA? nominated for four more; and five Golden Globes, nominated for two more.

Special Features:

* Director's commentary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

£2.99 for me! CD Wow up to their price increasing tricks again? ?! ?! hMM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

£2.99 for me! CD Wow up to their price increasing tricks again? ?! ?! hMM?
    Yeah, same here. I clicked on the link only a few minutes after it was posted by Ruu and it was up to £2.99

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just ordered the 3 Box set from Play for €15.49.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think I see what the problem is, I went through an affiliate link here, searched for Godfather and it came up as £1.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thanks Ruu - just followed that link and it worked for me this time - Godfather for 99p - Nice wan budd!

Good man Ruu. Just got Godfather and Saw for 99p each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

It is https the paynova that you put your details into is on a different url which is secure

https://paygate.paynova.com/paynova3/process.aspx?

if you right click it and open it in a separate page you see the url

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

cheers just got it for 99p :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ordo

Silly question maybe but is it cheaper to buy in general from their UK website than the irish one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

nice find - wont get cheaper than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Indeed. Picked it and 'saw' up there. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

Ordo wrote:
    Silly question maybe but is it cheaper to buy in general from their UK website than the irish one?

I think there's not much of a difference really

Just got an email from Cdwow saying they cant get Saw. Anyone else get this?

They did send me a £1 voucher which expires on October 31. But I will need to see if they refunded my 99p to the credit card :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I did muffler,
    Got an e-voucher for £1.99
    Bought it using a voucher anyway!

Got my PFO but no voucher/refund as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I got that too.. Im presuming they are still going to send me godfather though..
    I didnt get any vouchers from them though..

godfather still hasn't been shipped. ordered it on the 8th october.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Rozbeef wrote: »
    godfather still hasn't been shipped. ordered it on the 8th october.

Same here - I wonder will it be the same as SAW? - but for 99p I won't complain too much yet! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Ordo

i used it to order xmas with the cranks and it arrived on monday. Fastest ever!

wrote:
    Hello

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for (The Godfather - Region 2 and Product Code: 13749)

Unfortunately despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier.

This item has now been cancelled and a refund has been processed back to the account from where the original payment was debited.

We hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Thank you for shopping with CD-WOW!

Kind regards,

sure, nothing to do with it costing me 99p then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Dam, My Godfather order was cancelled too, Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I have American Beauty, everythinhg is illuminated and barnyard all pending since for 2 weeks now, I expecting them to be cancelled, but I still got 15 dvds out of them including the Godfather, I suppose you can't get everything:D

ab_cork wrote: »
    Dam, My Godfather order was cancelled too, Oh well.
    Ditto.

I see the cute hoors have a 14 day expirey date on the vouchers.

muffler wrote: »
    Ditto.

I see the cute hoors have a 14 day expirey date on the vouchers.

i got refunded. no mention of vouchers. they really are quite ****e :)

Got my Godfather PFO as well. Thinking of sending Don Corleone over to them with a PFO of his own.

Rozbeef wrote: »
    i got refunded. no mention of vouchers. they really are quite ****e :)
    So far I have got refunded for 1 order - €1.38 but it cost €1.47 to buy (I'll be bankrupt in no time :D) They have sent me 2 individual £1 vouchers which are valid for 14 days.
    shnaek wrote: »
    Got my Godfather PFO as well. Thinking of sending Don Corleone over to them with a PFO of his own.
    Send them a photo of a horses head (preferably severed) :D

Advertisement