Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do?

• 06-10-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I saw something on ITV about when Ian Paisly Jr. played "God Save the Queen" at a gratuation ceramony in a Belfast University. As the title says, as a good Irishman/woman... "What would you do?"

Comments

Acknowledge that no matter what anyone else says, it is a different country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

nothing...

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

-_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Grin and bare it. There's not much you could do. Pointless thread tbh! :rolleyes:

Karoma wrote:
    -_-

Can you hear me now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Karoma wrote:
    -_-
    The best quote imaginable in this situation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Nailz wrote:
    The best quote imaginable in this situation...

You obviously didn't read what it said before Karoma edited it then! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Get back on-topic.
    Ignorance is strength.

no edit woman, no cry.... *wanders off

An Citeog wrote:
    You obviously didn't read what it said before Karoma edited it then! ;)
    As a matter a' fact I did... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nailz wrote:
    I seen something on ITV about when Ian Paisly Jr. played "God Save the Queen" at a gratuation ceramony in a Belfast University. As the title says, as a good Irishman/woman... "What would you do?"
    Well, if Amhrain na Bhfiann was picked picked by a student at a Dublin University, "what would you do?"
    :o

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Seanies32 wrote:
    Well, if Amhrain na Bhfiann was picked picked by a student at a Dublin University, "what would you do?"

i'd stand up and sign Ireland's call myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

scratch my arse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

wouldnt a been the queens own University there in Belfast that they were singin her praises in would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Ruen

Nailz wrote:
    I seen something on ITV about when Ian Paisly Jr. played "God Save the Queen" at a gratuation ceramony in a Belfast University. As the title says, as a good Irishman/woman... "What would you do?"
    :D Good one;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd probably change the channel. UTV is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd probably burn a tricolour and then go for a curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I'd mosh with the Paisley, i love the Sex Pistols too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I would probably join in,nothing better than a good sing a long.

Nailz wrote:

"I saw", not "I seen". :mad:

On topic, I wouldn't care.

• Advertisement

Seanies32 wrote:
    If it was actualy Universities idea, I'd sing it, but if it was put on by the likes of Gerry Adams, no chance. The the problem with this particular graduation was that there was Catholics & Nationalists among the Graduates and "God Save the Queen" wasn't ment to be put on by the College, it was that feckin' arsehole with his tape recorder. Apparently one of the Catholic was really pissed off at this, and was perpared to floor that fúcker. The camera went at the student and he was looking at him, he stood out of the line and went to the edge of the stage looking down at Paisley. He changed his mind turned back and shook his head.

One of my best friends is a protestant, he despises loylists, the DUP, he hates the thaught of the queen and the UK. And he supports Celtic :eek:! As a matter of fact all the protestants I know support Celtic... And my mate is the captain of our Gaelic team, and we have another protestant captain for our U14's team. And he's a massive Celtic fan. And my mate is one of the best people I know, he's very nice and would do anything for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Stare blankly ahead of me, as I do with Amhran Na bhFiann, and get ready to blast out La Marseillaise:p

bluewolf wrote:
    "I saw", not "I seen". :mad:

On topic, I wouldn't care.
    Sorry, don't go die on me! Edited. ;) Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Cionnfhaolaidh

British anthem played in a British university in a British country to British people. Shock horror. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nailz wrote:
    If it was actualy Universities idea, I'd sing it, but if it was put on by the likes of Gerry Adams, no chance. The the problem with this particular graduation was that there was Catholics & Nationalists among the Graduates and "God Save the Queen" wasn't ment to be put on by the College, it was that feckin' arsehole with his tape recorder. Apparently one of the Catholic was really pissed off at this, and was perpared to floor that fúcker. The camera went at the student and he was looking at him, he stood out of the line and went to the edge of the stage looking down at Paisley. He changed his mind turned back and shook his head.

One of my best friends is a protestant, he despises loylists, the DUP, he hates the thaught of the queen and the UK. And he supports Celtic :eek:! As a matter of fact all the protestants I know support Celtic... And my mate is the captain of our Gaelic team, and we have another protestant captain for our U14's team. And he's a massive Celtic fan. And my mate is one of the best people I know, he's very nice and would do anything for ya.

You still haven't explained why you were watching UTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Cionnfhaolaidh

YEWWW TAYY VAYYY - and that fat camp fella sitting in his cheapo backdrop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Nailz wrote:
    "What would you do?"

Well, as a moronic idiot, it would seem to me that the minimum response would be to burn down a protestant orphanage, strip naked, tie a tricolour round my neck and march northward singing Amhran Na bhFiann and the fields of athenry complete with sinn fein and ira refrences, then i would piss flames on the union jack, and such terror would my patriotic fervour inflict, that the british army would flee our fair and gentle land, where no scumbags live and then the quenn would ring every single person up, using her own mobile and apologise for ever having spoiled our righteous soil with her heaton religion.

Something like that.

You still haven't explained why you were watching UTV.
    Sky Digital was down, I won't watch RTE or TV3 around 7 (because of nationwide, holiday shows & stuff nicked of the US), there was something about young muslims on CH4 News, BBC had nothing good on and I never watch TG4... so ITV was the last resort, and then I seen that shítehawk and decided to see what shíte he was at this time round...

Well, as a moronic idiot, it would seem to me that the minimum response would be to burn down a protestant orphanage, strip naked, tie a tricolour round my neck and march northward singing Amhran Na bhFiann and the fields of athenry complete with sinn fein and ira refrences, then i would piss flames on the union jack, and such terror would my patriotic fervour inflict, that the british army would flee our fair and gentle land, where no scumbags live and then the quenn would ring every single person up, using her own mobile and apologise for ever having spoiled our righteous soil with her heaton religion.

Something like that.
    Burn down a protestant orphanage??? No thanks, I've a best friend who is a protestant and he did nothing wrong.

Strip naked??? No way Jose Mourinho...

Tie a tricolour round my neck and march northward singing Amhran Na bhFiann and the fields of athenry complete with sinn fein and ira refrences??? Mmm, I was think more along the lines of flooring the fúcker...

But I asked the question "What would you do?", and you answered... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nailz wrote:
    I saw something on ITV about when Ian Paisly Jr. played "God Save the Queen" at a gratuation ceramony in a Belfast University. As the title says, as a good Irishman/woman... "What would you do?"
    After his comments about homosexuals earlier this year, does anybody take anything he says, sings or does seriously?

He makes his father look like Gandhi!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i like songs, songs are nice................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ryanairzer

If the queen dies and Prince Charles become the king will the anthem be changed or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

duh of course, God save the King

MooseJam wrote:
    duh of course, God save the King

King doesn't rhyme with fascist regime though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

King doesn't rhyme with fascist regime though.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

I would fart loudly into a trombone. Not out of disrespect mind, more just because as a chronic attention seeker, I like to do that at large gatherings of strangers and this would seem to be an opportunity too good to miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Archeron wrote:
    I would fart loudly into a trombone. Not out of disrespect mind, more just because as a chronic attention seeker, I like to do that at large gatherings of strangers and this would seem to be an opportunity too good to miss.
    Brilliant..

By the way, if the Queen dies do they have to collect all the money and put a new head on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Wwjd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

id refuse to stand up for it.
    on a related note, would people curtsey to the queen?
    i certainly wouldnt, i dont acknowledge her as any better than me and i dont see why i should be subservient to her (or any other equal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'd mumble a few Hail Marys under my breath... oh wait, actually, I'd do nothing. This is a non-issue, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'd riposte with a rousing rendition of Irelands Call :)

Advertisement