Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Key for 01 almera

Options
  • 06-10-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

i need to get a key for an 01 almera.

Where do i go? main dealer?

Anyone any idea of how much this would be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just wondering, are you replacing a lst key, or ar the remote buttons broken on one you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

just bought car today and the 1 one that came with car is slightly bent but works fine but also the open button is not working properly so i need to get a 2nd key and use that one as a spare

Also does anyone have any idea how much these keys cost?

the rubber buttons on these keys can wear quite easily, I find taking the key apart and looking at the circuit board helps, usually a metal part on the inner button falls off, it's easy to put back together. Maybe put a small folded piece of card inside the outer button

the keys come in 2 parts that click together, the key blade and the remote, as far as I remember, the immobliser chip is in the remote half, so if you get a replacement blade you can click the old remote half in and you'll save a lot of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Nissan parts are quite reasonably priced. Ask at a main dealer. I've had very good experience of the one in Kilcock (can't remember their name).

• Advertisement

Dara Cars is the dealer in Kilcock. Had a big fire last year, don't know if they're still around.

They key thing is very common on Almeras, it can be repaired most times, I've fixed a few keys on Almeras and Primeras I've traded in, just need taking apart, no harm in having a spare key though.

ive seen keys for sale and instructions on how to code on ebay. anyone any experience of these? not that dear so shouldnt get skinned too badly if it doesent work.!

Advertisement