Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever been truly terrified?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

When I was younger, cant remember exactly how long ago it was, but I think I was about 12
    I was on the way home from training, decided i'd go into the shop for a drink, when I see this man standing in the car parking spaces outside.
    He shouts at me to get down behind the wall in front of me, I then notice a gun in his hand
    From behind the wall I see a garda behind a car, then looking at the man again notice he has a handgun in his hand
    This was probably the scariest moment in my life

(turns out the man was a tv director, they were filming in the shop and he told me to get down because they didnt want any unwanted extas in the film, it was a scene holding up the shop explaining why he had a hand gun, and the garda was there to deal with any emergency calls from people like me)

But as a 12 year old in a small town at 11am on a Saturday you wouldnt be thinking this could happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

my scareist moment was when i nearly drowned while out durfing in bundoran last august.I was ahead of everyone in the lessons so the teacher said i should go out back and get a wave the whole way in and off i go out padling away all excited because it was the end of the day and was the only one allowed to go out back when a storm started coming up and the water started to get choppy.i thought nothing of it and couldnt figure out why i couldnt get passed the waves and tried to turn back when i got knocked off by a huge wave and finned myself...had a few balck spots for a few minutes but then tried to surf back ni but i kept getting sucked back under and the surf teacher managed tog et out to me but he could get me back in..so eventually he told me to leave the board and swim only problem was i was getting sucked back in even though im a stron swimmer in the end i ended up holding onto the board trying not to go under.got rescued by the coastgaurd in the end.

another time i tripped at the top of mount errigal in donegal on the side where theres a sheer drop..got pulled back by my bag by mi gaelteacht teacher

another time while skiing in austria ona school trip i fell and hurt myself and the instructors and teacher said theres a risk i might have broken my back as i couldnt feel anything below my waist n my arms were all tingly.the half an hour waiting there not moving for the doctor was so scary!

basically i shouldnt attempt any sports...still surf,ski and climd things when the oppertunity comes up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

ya i have. on a dc,seen a crash up ahead of me,stood on the brakes,no grip.new road surface so its full of oil,carring a ton and a half of glass on the side,couldnt go left cos of traffic and couldnt rite cos of a steamroller so i had to keep the straight and take a head on,bosses respond? can you go to work in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Being on the Range in the Butts with the RDF ( Army Res ) and doing the Targets and having a bullet ricochet and land in one of the wood supports holding up my Target about 1ft away from me at head height.

Steyr wrote: »
    Being on the Range in the Butts with the RDF ( Army Res ) and doing the Targets and having a bullet ricochet and land in one of the wood supports holding up my Target about 1ft away from me at head height.

scary aint it.eh steyr not me,my son was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Was hospitalised with pregnancy complications & then told I had 15 mins to prepare for an emergency section to deliver my son prematurely...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

At least you got to wash the blood out of your hair. I had to get stiches and wasn't allowed wash my hair. Walking around for a bloody week (pun intended) with dried blood in my hair.

There ain't much worse than stitches in the back of the head. That was fúcking painful. Realising I had a hole in my head wasn't much fun either - shouldn't have been climbing on a computer chair I guess :rolleyes:.

Actually the story is funny in hindsight - I was 10, and did a 180 on the chair with the trailing wire of the keyboard i was getting out of the wardrobe in hand. Fell backwards onto a nastily sharp toy bridge in a box of toy cars, the keyboard hit me in the front of the head in turn knocking the back of my head into the bridge again.

Upshot was six stitches - fun times :D

Was hospitalised with pregnancy complications & then told I had 15 mins to prepare for an emergency section to deliver my son prematurely...:(

hope he is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Nearly three now, thanks for asking! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just seen this after posting my own tale...puts most so far in perspective ;) Glad to hear all was fine.
    l3LoWnA wrote: »

I guess I'm just a total scaredy cat but yeah, I've felt that fear a few times, and it aint good!!!

Ummm...I wouldn't say that tbh. Some truly horrible things there (last one...nasty!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement