Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle PC wont post (after car ride)

Options
  • 06-10-2007 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

I borrowed a friends pc for the weekend.
    Its a shuttle that has been in use for the last year without any trouble.
    I put it in a shuttle bag and then into the boot of my car for the trip home,
    about an hours drive.
    When i plugged it in at home the pc wont post.
    Ive striped out the ram, hd, cd, gc and i cant even get a beep out of it.
    The pc may have moved in my boot on the way home but even if it did slide a bit i didnt think thatd be enuf to brick the thing!

When i say it wont post what i mean is that the lights flash, the display at the front says "Shuttle... <something>", the cpu fan starts, (the gc fan also starts when i power up with it pluged in) and the main fan starts. They spin for about 2 seconds then restart.
    From what ive read they restart to prevent hardware damage.
    i wouldnt be comfortable with taking out the mobo to see if it would boot outside the case.

am i screwed?

anywhere i could get a new shuttle before the weekend is over?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

did you try clearing the CMOS? and try reseating the CPU? if its not those all I can think of is that maybe it shorting off a loose screw that got dislodged while traveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I would contact the owner - they might be able to shed a bit of light on the situation. Worse case scenario is that you have to replace some component, but I'd imagine it's something simple.
    If you've got everything out bar board and PSU have a good look around to see if you notice anything. Keep powering it up every time you add a component to see if you can narrow it down. Another PSU would be good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

bit the bullet and fessed up.
    we are gona have a look at it today.
    will post if we get it sorted.
    thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

just turned it on at my buddies place and it worked.
    I couldnt believe it.
    apparently there is some problem with the psu in this shuttle.

phew!

Advertisement