Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trail

Options
  • 06-10-2007 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

Hey, anyone been down here? Whats it like from a beginners point of view? I was looking to head down for a weekend in the not too distant future. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

Hi,

I was down there four or five times this year .Its really good fun . You have to know where the trails start and begin off the fireroad as its not signposted yet.
    Its starts off a small bit slow but by the last 10 km you are really flying . If I had to be really really critical , I would say there are alot of rocks that can clip your pedals on the first sections off the trail but it is great fun , and suitable for beginners as well.

Kevin....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

interesting , I was told by two different members of the team that they were open except for the middle section ( the start of the raised sections ) . I suppose that fair enough , they have done a good job so we ll have to be patient. I done the ballyhoura blitz back in august and I was also told after this event that it was o.k to use the trails the following week . Stick to Wicklow so for the time being me thinks .....

Advertisement