Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where was BOD/ROG/D'arce et al last night???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Drico and Big Mal are back for Leinster this Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

How does playing with provinces give them an unfair advantage? If it's nothing to do with population, then what is it to do with?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

provinces are a joke and give Ireland unfair advantage.

clubs should enter Celtic League and Heineken Cup e.g. Blackrock, Wanderers, Terenure etc. Just like other countries do - like Sale, Perpignon, Toulouse, Leicester, Bath etc

Nonsence, the GP and T14 clubs have a massive advantage over any of the Celtic Nations regional teams.
    komodosp wrote:
    How does playing with provinces give them an unfair advantage? If it's nothing to do with population, then what is it to do with?

I would say comparing annual budgets would give a much fairer comparison, seeing as how we are talking about the pro game the overal number of players in a country is not really relevant.

To use one pertinant example the annual budget for Munster is in the region of 5-6 million per year at the absolute most. Toulouse has an annual budget in the region of 18-20 million euros per year. Most of the big French and English club would be on fairly similiar footing.

With that sort of a competitive advantage it is a disgrace we have only one HEC to our name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

zabbo wrote:
    Drico and Big Mal are back for Leinster this Friday.

hopefully we may see an O'driscoll and Fitzgerald centre pairing!seeing as darce hasnt been named

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

dc69 wrote:
    hopefully we may see an O'driscoll and Fitzgerald centre pairing!seeing as darce hasnt been named

Willw e see a hungry, craving action BOD on Fri or a letahrgic, depressed BOD after the RWC disaster?

What yis reckon?

Itll take a lot to get up for such a game and if he does it will be a good sign, if not you almost would understnd but its still not really good enough to coast until H Cup time no matter who he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Thats true but often in the 1st few games of the season BOD can be very quiet, at least this time hopefully he will have a hunger to get some from of satisfaction out of the game of rugby that he has not achieved this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

marco_polo wrote:
    With that sort of a competitive advantage it is a disgrace we have only one HEC to our name.
    ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Willw e see a hungry, craving action BOD on Fri or a letahrgic, depressed BOD after the RWC disaster?

What yis reckon?

Itll take a lot to get up for such a game and if he does it will be a good sign, if not you almost would understnd but its still not really good enough to coast until H Cup time no matter who he is.

well reading his world cup diary on irfu.com,he says he went back to training earlier to try to get over the poor perfomance,as he was sick of just siting around.so im expecting a few tries off him tbh:)

• Advertisement

Strangely it's Shaggy who's at 13, and no BOD :confused:

Leinster: R McCarron, L Fitzgerald, S Horgan (capt), C Warner, R Kearney, J Sexton, C Willis, S Wright, B Jackman, S Knoop, C Jowitt, D Toner, S Keogh, S Jennings, K McLaughlin.
    Replacements: B Blaney, C Healy, M O'Kelly, K Gleeson, C Keane, F McFadden, F Carr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

zabbo wrote: »
    Strangely it's Shaggy who's at 13, and no BOD :confused:

Leinster: R McCarron, L Fitzgerald, S Horgan (capt), C Warner, R Kearney, J Sexton, C Willis, S Wright, B Jackman, S Knoop, C Jowitt, D Toner, S Keogh, S Jennings, K McLaughlin.
    Replacements: B Blaney, C Healy, M O'Kelly, K Gleeson, C Keane, F McFadden, F Carr.

Dear god i sense a hammering coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Why oh why with the shaggy at center, I don't believe that has ever went well.

Well at least he's at 13, and not 12.

It's Glasgow, if we can beat Cardiff away with more or less the same team, I reckon Glasgow isn't a huge task.

Interesting to see how Toner & McLaughlin get on.

/me hopes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I hope they can too, but the best thing about last friday was the food at the break and the food was from a van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

zabbo wrote: »
    Well at least he's at 13, and not 12.

It's Glasgow, if we can beat Cardiff away with more or less the same team, I reckon Glasgow isn't a huge task.

Interesting to see how Toner & McLaughlin get on.

/me hopes :)

Not remember what Glasgow did the last time around we played them? At ones stage they went through 39+ phases of forward play and grinded the clock down to ensure a victory. I can see the same happening tomorrow. If the Leinster forwards dont bother there asses its not going be a fun night at the office

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rourky

Why on earth isn't Brian O'Driscoll playing? I thought he was back training?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

John_C wrote: »
    ???

Its called sarcasm dude. Obviously I didn't use enough smiley's in the orignal post to highlight this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

marco_polo wrote: »
    Its called sarcasm dude. Obviously I didn't use enough smiley's in the orignal post to highlight this.
    OK, I think that I just don't get it.

:mad::mad:

Im sorry I do not agree one bit with this, when I first heard I was wondering whts wrong with ever present JH or Cullen but they are both out.
    In the absence of Felipe and BOD I guess Jennings or Horgan are the only options.

once again at centre! the coaching staff at Ireland and Leinster must see something that everyone else does not but when has this move ever worked!

In all fairness 13 is a better postion for a guy of his build maybe take on a more old skool bish bash bosh centres role, hope it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Jackz wrote: »
    Why oh why with the shaggy at center, I don't believe that has ever went well.

Except this time? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/european/4517586.stm

Leinster 53-7 Bourgoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

or that time we beat Munster in the celtic cup final in 2001 (?)

Yeah Shaggy played centre back then before we found Dacry, but the game is different now and the last few outings at 12 have been disasters, club and country.

I firmly believ the game has moved on huge amiunts in the lst 5 years when he lsat regularly played there.

Advertisement