Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

acca exemptions and all

• 06-10-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

why are the points lower for accounting in tallaght it if you get more exemptions. and in acca you can be exempt from f1,f2,f3,f4 and "In addition, the paper(s) listed below will be exempted on the basis of the corresponding accredited modules" meaning exams f5-9. does this mean you have to get an a while your in college on exam 6 for instance to be exempt or must you only pass in college to get it. how does it work.. could someone please tell me if these exams with f on the front are faes? i dont even know what that means i think it is final exams. as you can tell im still in school and dont know much about accounting but i want to make the right choices in life so i wont have to go back and redo. all information is welcome
    thanks very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

Points are lower because demand = points. I'm in 4th year in Tallaght doing A/C. The exemptions granted are for your Fundamentals. In addition to these you sit Prof 1,2,3 and then your FAE although I may be open to correction.

It's actually quite a tough course but once you put a bit of work in you should be laughing, we've went from 100+ people in first year to roughly 50 odd now although we tend to get 10-15 extra students in 3rd year from other colleges.

edit, To qualify for an excemption you must get at least 55% in all your Year 3 and 4 exams bar Financial Management (Yr 3). You must also get a 55% grade in your I.T and Law modules in Year 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭u2livecd

Leon11 wrote: »
    Points are lower because demand = points. I'm in 4th year in Tallaght doing A/C. The exemptions granted are for your Fundamentals. In addition to these you sit Prof 1,2,3 and then your FAE although I may be open to correction.

It's actually quite a tough course but once you put a bit of work in you should be laughing, we've went from 100+ people in first year to roughly 50 odd now although we tend to get 10-15 extra students in 3rd year from other colleges.

edit, To qualify for an excemption you must get at least 55% in all your Year 3 and 4 exams bar Financial Management (Yr 3). You must also get a 55% grade in your I.T and Law modules in Year 2.

M Nolan is a legend

Advertisement