Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding a Potted Evergreen

Options
  • 06-10-2007 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi There,

I bought a potted spiral cupreus evergreen in Woodies yesterday like the one in the picture to keep at the front of the house. (1 either side of my door) :D

What I was wondering is:

1/ How much daylight or direct sunlight is recommended as the front of my house is nearly always in the shade except for an hour in the morning ? :cool:

2/ During the Autumn/Winter how regularly should I water and feed it, and what would be the best feed to use ? :confused:

If anyone else has bought 1 of these can they give me advise on how to maintain it ?

Cheers

SpiralTree.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Water regularly obviousily less in winter, probably once /week. Best to use some liquid fertilsier (Miracle Gro initially) to get plant to settle down thereafter use slow release fertiliser pellets (should be available in Woodies).

Tip plant in soil/compost mix, compost only not good- prone to drying out, soil will also help retain plant upright.

Watch out for wind burn over winter months, come Springtime regular pruning required to retain shape and check for red spider mites.

Advertisement