Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can we finally say for a fact

• 06-10-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

That Budweiser is píss and it's not OK to drink?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Brotherhood's position on Bud is that it's not actually beer and therefore serves no useful purpose unless the wimmins want it to wash something with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

YES.. we can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Budweiser is beer for people who don't like beer. That is all.

It's a training beer for young scumbags before they move onto dutch mold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Yes Bud is a horrible beer but it does have some good points (well one it does get you drunk);) ;) Guinness for me:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

bud is for wimmenz,

tennants ftw!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

druids?? no... well its strong and tastes mad sweet!!! but if i have to go for a beer... sol(cheap corona) or carlsberg(got used to this whe lidl had a cheap offer for it)

Yes Bud is a horrible beer but it does have some good points (well one it does get you drunk)

Brother Johnny, you have much to learn of the Way of the Brotherhood. It is not the destination that is important, it is the journey you took to get there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Budvar, on the other hand, is quite a good beer. The yanks took it, added rats piss, and changed the name to budwieser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

No its not ok to drink, its just water and Clydesdale pee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

zaph wrote:
    Brother Johnny, you have much to learn of the Way of the Brotherhood. It is not the destination that is important, it is the journey you took to get there.
    damn you, Brother Zaph, damn you to hell. I had just gotten Don't Stop Believin' out of my head. good song but vastly overplayed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Bollox wrote:
    damn you, Brother Zaph, damn you to hell. I had just gotten Don't Stop Believin' out of my head. good song but vastly overplayed

Just to add to your pain.

The Bollox wrote:

My apologies Brother Bollox. Had I realised Journey the effect my seemingly Journey innocuous statment would have had Journey, obviously I would Journey have omitted the offending Journey word.

fight fire with fire, that's what the Bollox says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I'll drink píss if it has alcohol in it! :D

That said, I refuse to drink alcopops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

I like Budweiser, tis my drink. Its in no way a girly drink, and sometimes my boyfriend drinks it too.

(Oh, yeah, that 'joke' would have worked better if you had known in advance I am a man, and was being ironic about the whole 'girly' thing, while at the same time, hilariously, having a boyfriend).

(It would also work better if you knew I was straight, and was pretending to be gay for comedic effect).

Dear, oh dear *gets coat, knows he will never get accepted into the brotherhood now*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

meriwether wrote:
    I like Budweiser, tis my drink. Its in no way a girly drink, and sometimes my boyfriend drinks it too.

(Oh, yeah, that 'joke' would have worked better if you had known in advance I am a man, and was being ironic about the whole 'girly' thing, while at the same time, hilariously, having a boyfriend).

(It would also work better if you knew I was straight, and was pretending to be gay for comedic effect).

Dear, oh dear *gets coat, knows he will never get accepted into the brotherhood now*.

The only way to redeem yourself after that "post" is to go to the bar and buy the brothers beer for the rest of the week !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Budweiser is not to be encouraged.

Now, Duvel at 8.5% is a beer that should be encouraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

meriwether wrote:
    I like Budweiser, tis my drink.

Get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

smashey wrote:
    Get out.

Firm, but fair... It's important that people don't feel that its ok to drink Bud.. I can't think why pubs are still allowed sell it. It must have medicinal purposes over and above that of other beers.

• Advertisement

Lads and lassies as the resident barman in YORE MAs I think I am particularly qualified to sort this out once and for all.

Bud = NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bud lite = bat.jpg

End Of, lock this thread now

Budweiser is not to be encouraged.

Now, Duvel at 8.5% is a beer that should be encouraged.
    duvel is a savage beer. it's really strong and very easy to drink (like Staroprammen in the Czech Republic, the imported stuff is shíte)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I will drink any beer that can be traced back to German monks. Bud can be traced back the Americans. They don't even have monks over there.....

The only good thing and I mean ONLY good thing that can be done with a bottle of Bud is to beat the crap out of the pansy b@sard that bought it for you

Todays Nugget: Bavarian monks brewed double bocks as sustenance for their Lenten fasts. Since they were allowed drink but no food, they developed a nourishing, high-alcohol beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The Bollox wrote:
    duvel is a savage beer. it's really strong and very easy to drink (like Staroprammen in the Czech Republic, the imported stuff is shíte)

Glad to see a love of fine beer on here. Far too many people are of the opinion that it's something just to get your drunk, not to be enjoyed and savoured. As Zaph said, it's not the destination, but the journey that counts, and I couldn't agree more.

Staroprammen is good, I've had it when I was in Prague, but a local of mine does the imported stuff, and I still like it.

I do remember posting a pic of myself here, with a bottle of Tsing Tao in hand, and some goober commenting that I should have a Bud Lite, or something 'lite' anyway, and that really didn't sit well with me at all... Rant mode was activated.

As far as beers go, there's just so many I love, once you get away from the mainstream crap. I love getting a refreshing pint of Hoegaarden, especially in those awesome glasses! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I do remember posting a pic of myself here, with a bottle of Tsing Tao in hand, and some goober commenting that I should have a Bud Lite, or something 'lite' anyway, and that really didn't sit well with me at all... Rant mode was activated.

I don't know what Tsing Tao is but recommending bud lite over a real beer should be a crime punishable by death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I love getting a refreshing pint of Hoegaarden, especially in those awesome glasses! :D

Ah hoegarrden (stares up to the sky with fond memories)

used to work in a pub in London that had hoegarrden on tap, every Wednesday night the lines were cleaned and the beer had to be pulled through and dumped, about 5 pints. Just so happened that i was off every Wednesday night, but as i was a good employee i would arrive just before closing time in case they needed a hand.
    Good end to many a wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Corksham

It would be wiser to drink something else bud. Sorry a terrible pun is needed when describing a terrible beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Ha, Hoegaarden!!! That's cheered me up on a really shítty day.. I'm go to the pub on friday and ask if they have (a) Hoegaarden..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

sprinkles wrote:
    Todays Nugget: Bavarian monks brewed double bocks as sustenance for their Lenten fasts. Since they were allowed drink but no food, they developed a nourishing, high-alcohol beer.
    So they wait til they have an empty stomach and then breakout the the high octane brew....now thats the kind of catholicism i can get behind!!

• Advertisement

ibh wrote:
    Ha, Hoegaarden!!! That's cheered me up on a really shítty day.. I'm go to the pub on friday and ask if they have (a) Hoegaarden..!

We do in YORE MAs it's called the snug !

*Ducks behind the bar to avoid the many objects thrown by the wimmins*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

they had a beer called kamenitza in Bulgaria. 75c a pint, and tasted sweet. I miss it more than any female I ever knew!

SDooM wrote:
    I miss it more than any female I ever knew!

A fine upstanding (sitting on a barstool) example of a brother !

*Sautes SDoom*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

I don't know what Tsing Tao is

Tsing Tao is a Chinese beer (I think) ... it is magnificent beer, and makes an oriental meal taste even better. I don't see it in the off-licence too often ... but it's worth making the effort for ... trust me, lovely, lovely, lovely beer :) I urge all the Brothers & Sisters to try this beer, you'll thank me.
    recommending bud lite over a real beer should be a crime punishable by death.

what he said :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Ducks behind the bar to avoid the many objects thrown by the wimmins
    There shall be no ducking from the truth.*

*Running is optional

As far as beers go, there's just so many I love, once you get away from the mainstream crap. I love getting a refreshing pint of Hoegaarden, especially in those awesome glasses! :D
    the pints are nice indeed, but the bottles are far better IMO. about a year or so ago we got a free case of the stuff in the pub for the staff to try out. my god that was a good night :D and the glasses are amazing, I have made a mental note to swipe the next one handed to me in a pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

Budweiser to me is like having sex in a canoe. F*cking close to water.
    Sorry, think I stole this off someone on boards!

Right lets end this, if you want a pint of bud wait till I have a couple of hinos and then I'll piss into a pint glass, stick it in the fridge for an hour and serve it to you.

trout wrote:
    Tsing Tao is a Chinese beer (I think) ... it is magnificent beer, and makes an oriental meal taste even better. I don't see it in the off-licence too often ...

Dunnes sell 6 packs of Tsing Tao, not sure of the price though.

Yep, seen it in Tesco too. Never tried it but given the high praise afforded to it here I might just have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

.......................................I

no_hate.jpg

...................Budweiser

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote:

no_hate.jpg

Trigger ! OUT !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Tsing Tao is a nice beer. I like the Thai beer Singha (sp?) as well.

The best "lite" beer I have come across is Sam Adams Light (a local brewery here in Boston). It doesn't have the strong belgian / czech beer taste but definitely does have a beer taste as opposed to Miller Lite / Bud Lite / Carbonated Urine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Trigger ! OUT !

hmmm, was there some confusion? I was trying to say I hate it... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

we sell shítloads more bavaria and fosters than bud in my pub, all of our customers hate the shít

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

They don't stock Bud in one of the pubs in Dun Loaghaire any more - no demand apparently.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    hmmm, was there some confusion? I was trying to say I hate it... lol

Well, it read to me as I don't Hate bud *

*I do I do I do I do I do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I doI do I do I do I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

i was drinking heiniken in scribes in athlone last night. that tasted like piss. my piss.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A fine upstanding (sitting on a barstool) example of a brother !

*Sautes SDoom*

My thanks brother.

Maybe this anti bud stance should go in the charter for those who need edumacation?

SDooM wrote: »
    My thanks brother.

Maybe this anti bud stance should go in the charter for those who need edumacation?

Hmm.... you might be on to something there !
    Borther SDoom has asked that the charter be amended to support the brothers anti bud and all things lite ! I concur, your opinion brothers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

The-Rigger wrote: »

no_hate.jpg

my new wallpaper, stretched and pixelated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement