Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sutton dart station is not weelchair friendly

Options
  • 06-10-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

My friend and I have travel on the bus to get a train to town and other destinations. We have to get off the bus a stop early as there is no footpath/ramp to get off at Sutton Station. The bus can kneel but still does not reach the ground, so there is a drop. It's not too big a problem but on occasion we have missed darts due to this, I hope there is someone here who could look into this matter a little further.

Kind regards,
    SpicyNoodle and friend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

So just to clarify, your problem is with the lack of footpath outside the station, rather than the station itself - right?

If so, your first step should probably to be contact the Dublin Bus Access Officer would probably be your first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SpicyNoodle

RainyDay wrote:
    So just to clarify, your problem is with the lack of footpath outside the station, rather than the station itself - right?

If so, your first step should probably to be contact the Dublin Bus Access Officer would probably be your first step.

It is sort of related to both, as the bus pulls into Sutton dart station to let of passengers. It is really Sutton station that requires dome sort of footpath built into the car park area although dublin bus share the space as they have a bus shelter there. I will get onto Dublin bus and find out what the situation is.

Thanks for the contact address Rainyday.

Kind regards,
    SpicyNoodle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

If the car park area is on Iarnrod Eireann property, you might want to contact their Access Officer instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SpicyNoodle

Will get onto them too, thank you again RainyDay.

Kind regards,
    SpicyNoodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

hi, contact David Healy a Green in your area with a dislike of Transport that doesnt do as it should.
    HTH,
    Cathy

• Advertisement
Advertisement