Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling an expensive watch?

• 06-10-2007 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,280 ✭✭✭✭

not sure if this is the right place but maybe someone will know.

my mum bought a cartier watch in weirs a few years back (she has box, receipt etc to prove age and authenticity)

she has decided she wants a different cartier and asked me to look into selling it, obviously ebay is an option but are there jewellers who buy items like this for a fair price? and can anyone point me in the right direction

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Wheres Dawsons?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think dawson's jewellers are on dawson street, beside a camera shop and across the street from the celtic whiskey shop. it's at the stephen's green end of dawson street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,280 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

bedlam wrote:
    I'm in a similar situation wanting to flip on of my less used watches, the whole dealing with an individual seems like a bit of a risk however you will never get as much selling to a shop. Dawson's Jewelers buy second hand and will also take it as part of a trade in. If she knows what Cartier she wants they will probably be able to source it for her.

cheers might get in touch with them, it cost her 3100 punts so im not sure i want to risk ebay.

btw if you are selling any watches pls give me a shout,im always on the look out :)

Advertisement