Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bump And Run

Options
  • 06-10-2007 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Parked up on the hiltop spar in Rahney last nite to get some essentials (buy and sell) walked past a whole groop of lads on the way in, at the counter paying for my few bits when one of them came in ''Does anyone own a Primera?'' says him, ''Me, Why'' i ask someone just crashed into ya, oh shyte i thought to meself so left the few bits on the till and went outside, seen a Ford Fiesta driving away from my car and going down to the estate (dead end) so had a quick look and got the rest of my stuff from the shop, went back outside to me car and had another look, t'was nitetime and didnt seem to be any damage, i thought the owner literally tipped of my car and the young fellas were blowing things out of proportion, so went after the owner down the estate, to no sign of him, i was more pissed off that he went off without even getting out of his car to see if he did any damage, but today i had another look at it and he did a lovely dent slap bang in the middle of my bonnet and the bonnet isnt opening properly!!! So went back to the spar to see if they had any CCTV cameras on the carpark, they didnt but the crowd next door to them do, so i'll pop back to them on monday when they open, see if i can get a reg. So whats the proper protocall for somthing like this? handle it meself or get the shades involved? I know its not the end of the world but he did damage my property and all that.

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Have you got the reg of the other car if so report it as a hit and run asap

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

If i was in your position i would be informing the guards, it will only turn into a nightmare if you try and handle it yourself !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I didnt get the reg it was 9.40 at night pitch black.

Would i be able to report it to the guards even tho i dont have a reg plate?

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If you know the estate the person went in to have a walk around early tomorrow morning (wouldnt drive in) and see if you can spot the car. Take the reg, and maybe a picture if you can see where the impact occured and leave the rest to the boys n girls in blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    If you know the estate the person went in to have a walk around early tomorrow morning (wouldnt drive in) and see if you can spot the car. Take the reg, and maybe a picture if you can see where the impact occured and leave the rest to the boys n girls in blue.

That's what I would do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

off topic I know, but did you end up buying the JDM Primera with the crazy paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ah sure arent ya a panel beater, no problem ;)

I believe in karma, hopefully the pr1ck will get run over and the driver will run off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Even without the reg, report it to the Gards and tell them where it happened, when it happened and the make/model of car. At least they'll have it on record. Whether they do anything about it or not is another thing.

JohnCleary wrote:
    ah sure arent ya a panel beater, no problem ;)

I believe in karma, hopefully the pr1ck will get run over and the driver will run off

I've no problem in repairing the damage meself, but its the whole thing that he drove off, he could of went into a 07 golf and driven off the person who owned it could of borrowed it or what ever the situation. The whole thing that he drove off is what is pissing me off.

Colm, yer man actually took the side off the car and had it on carzone for €950, bloody thing was sold:(

-VB-

Right went down to the cop shop today, the guard came out and assesed the damage, filled out the times and dates, so they said they'd make enquires, and i should hear from them, i really didnt want to have to go to the shades over this but, if he had gotten out this wouldnt have to of gone this way.

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

this happened to my mate a few weeks back,

the guards got access to the cctv footage,
    got the reg number,
    then made contact with the registered owner and told them they were
    caught on camera damaging a car and to contact the owner (my mate) and sort out the damages or they will prosecute for causing damage and leaving the scene of an accident.

nothing wrong with getting the shades involved as they will still give them a chance to own up and pay over.

hope it works out for ya.

Advertisement