Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Cork Tiles!

Options
  • 06-10-2007 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone have a solution to removing cork floor tiles. Theyre down for about 20years and I am trying to remove them with a small heat gun to melt the adhesive but it doesent work too well. I am now scraping them off with a garden spade , hard and long job. Any tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Does anyone have a solution to removing cork floor tiles. Theyre down for about 20years and I am trying to remove them with a small heat gun to melt the adhesive but it doesent work too well. I am now scraping them off with a garden spade , hard and long job. Any tips would be appreciated.

not many alternatives, unless u can get the Aussie front row now that they are out of RWC:D

I use a 4" wide chisel on a variable speed kango but I have both x stock

After the "spade work" a small scraper will do the rest: what is the replacement flooring?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 thingamajig

Thanks, I'm putting down semi solid oak, and I had to level the floor to the kitchen where I had to remove ceramic floor tiles. I'm getting there but its so damn slow. Looking at the wallabees front row I'm better off with me garden spade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Thanks, I'm putting down semi solid oak, and I had to level the floor to the kitchen where I had to remove ceramic floor tiles. I'm getting there but its so damn slow. Looking at the wallabees front row I'm better off with me garden spade
    how about the all blacks? BOD must be smiling!!

the underlay for the flooring will take care of any slight imperfections so would not get 2 hung up on getting it perfect: it just means u dont need to get all the adhestive off

Advertisement