Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Name Is Earl Season 3

• 06-10-2007 7:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What do people think of it so far?

Its kinda been hit and miss for me. At least Earl will only spend one season in jail

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I enjoyed the season opener but the last episode wasn't much cop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

agreed the second ep wasn't great, too brokeback mountain for me:eek: :eek:

should be more potential for laughs now Randy's a prison officer, 55% the highest score that year:) :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thing I miss the mos ( which also goes back to season 2) is they dont show the crash anymore!

I'm not sure what direction they are trying to go. Obviously Early will be helping people out in prison to get time off his sentence but I wonder where it will leave the list.

And it doesnt like we'll be seeing much of Catalina any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good opener. Episode 3 is muck.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I dunno, I liked them all so far although the opener was stronger. The third one had some decent moments in it (e.g. the shot of Buckethead) but overall not as funny as the first two-parter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ben Foster was hilarious in the opener..

.. but i enjoyed the third episode just for the performances of the leaders of the gang. It was daft but very funny!

ixoy wrote:
    I dunno, I liked them all so far although the opener was stronger. The third one had some decent moments in it (e.g. the shot of Buckethead) but overall not as funny as the first two-parter.

Yeah Buckethead LOL,You know he was raised in a chicken coop don't you!!!:D :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

basquille wrote:
    Ben Foster was hilarious in the opener..

.. but i enjoyed the third episode just for the performances of the leaders of the gang. It was daft but very funny!

Yeah I was thinking the same but just like the office I dont think the 1 hours slots are doing them any good. They struggle to keep the humour going for the whole time

Yeah, i'd agree. The second 40 minute episode of 'The Office' was pretty weak in my opinion.

basquille wrote:
    Yeah, i'd agree. The second 40 minute episode of 'The Office' was pretty weak in my opinion.

Every epsoide of "The Office" was pretty weak!!!!
    and "Extra's" aint much better, in fact its worse;) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Season 3 is decent enough but it hasent really started yet now that randy has a job it will start to settle into a routene and we will see more of what week to week episodes will be like

User45701 wrote:
    Season 3 is decent enough but it hasent really started yet now that randy has a job it will start to settle into a routene and we will see more of what week to week episodes will be like

Thats probably true but in the grans scheme of things they're really 4 weeks in witht the doubles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

they had doubles last year as well

kearnsr wrote:
    Thats probably true but in the grans scheme of things they're really 4 weeks in witht the doubles
    *picky* 3 weeks in - last week wasn't a double. I think MNIE's opener was designed as a 2-parter whereas the Office episodes have been extra long single episodes.

ixoy wrote:
    *picky* 3 weeks in - last week wasn't a double. I think MNIE's opener was designed as a 2-parter whereas the Office episodes have been extra long single episodes.

For some reason I thought the office and earl had 2 doubles

Was very good this week.

Randy is priceless in it

Yeah, I liked it and it was nice to see it tied into previous episodes featuring backstories. And for those people who complained about it not tying in completely, the writers had Catalina say (in Spanish) that this episode contradicts some canon but that that was okay because not that many people cared. Class :D

ixoy wrote: »
    Yeah, I liked it and it was nice to see it tied into previous episodes featuring backstories. And for those people who complained about it not tying in completely, the writers had Catalina say (in Spanish) that this episode contradicts some canon but that that was okay because not that many people cared. Class :D

Some off the stuffs she says in spanish is class. She really rips the piss some times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I really enjoyed the backstory episode even though it didnt have anything to do with the "List"

Looks like the list is out the window.

Randy's story was class. the rest were crap

• Advertisement

Nah... best bit was Crabman's Music Video.

Twas genius!

basquille wrote: »
    Nah... best bit was Crabman's Music Video.

Twas genius!

After seeing what kind of "fashion sense" you have I can no longer take any comments you make serious!

The return of cops!

I thought the first cop episode was the best ever and I think this was the second best one ever

Really enjoyed this one too and I adored the Tim Stack song at the end and how Randy obliviously and gleefully joined in :D

So Earl is finally back on the air after the writers strike.. and it was a double episode (which is always patchy in terms of humour) - it's always hard to sustain a good level of comedy over 40 minutes.

And this episode was no different.. had some funny moments, some not so funny.

Really liked the Paris Hilton cameo.. simply because I wonder is the girl aware that she's being portrayed as talentless brain-dead bimbo? The sitcom stuff has been done before.. and it was all a bit cliched and not very groundbreaking or funny.

But I have to admit felt ever so slightly bit choked up at the end.. Ethan Suplee's performance combined with Knocking On Heaven's Door. But loved the idea of the resolution - Randy carrying on Earl's list to gradually improve his condition (just hope we don't need to see that "sitcom world" every week)

PS - also enjoyed the NBC CEO giving the recap at the start. Very funny and inventive:

"You saw Earl getting hit by a car, similarly to how he got hit in the pilot episode. Writers call this a 'callback' - we call it 'getting paid to write the same joke twice!' :D

When I went to watch it last night I realised that I missed S03E07 to what was shown last night.

Dont know how that happened but at least I've a bit of earl to watch tonight

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I really hated the most recent episode.

All the frigging see-it-coming-a-mile-off slapstick and the woeful sitcom Earl. Christ preserve us!

I liked him in prison but I don't think I can take him in a coma for long.

havent really enjoyed it much since they came back from the writers strike.

Randy is still priceless though and still gives me a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What day is it on?

• Advertisement

WindSock wrote: »
    What day is it on?

I think its Thursday in america and not sure in Ireland (could be the same as well its on E4)

Advertisement