Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista Ultimate Home Network issue

Options
  • 06-10-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hello,

Ok here's my setup:
    Home PC running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, wired to 3Com wireless router via network card and RJ-45 cable, laptop running XP Home Edition connected via wireless.

The network card on my home PC is a Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

The issue is: quite often I will lose the connection to the internet and this will affect me if I'm either on the PC or on my laptop and connected to the router wirelessly.

When I don't have the home PC running and I just have the router on and I'm connected wirelessly I don't experiencing these issues.

Sometimes Vista will reset the connection and I will be back online; other times I will have to switch the router off then back on again!
    Its very frustrating!

Any thoughts or are there others here experiencing these issues and have successfully fixed this issue?

Thanks.

Advertisement