Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three issue with handset / refund / replacement [moved form Mobiles/PDAs]

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

being honest i am not interested in phone store policy as this is blatently biased towards the store making as much as possible regardless and do not appreciate employees posting clearly inflamitary comments. it does not help. it seems phone store policy is the stuff that makes a good halloween?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Foggy_lad, go into a store and say you want to exchange the n73 for the k800. When they put the exchange through it'll automatically come up as -100 and you should get the difference. If you want x series, ask for an e65 instead. I'm posting from one now and its great

the problem here i think is that you're experiencing the problem with 3 that i told you you would experience very soon after joining, ie the customer care sucks donkey balls

they tried to do something similar to me last year. I managed to get it sorted without involving the courts

Foggy_lad, go into a store and say you want to exchange the n73 for the k800. When they put the exchange through it'll automatically come up as -100 and you should get the difference. If you want x series, ask for an e65 instead. I'm posting from one now and its great

the problem here i think is that you're experiencing the problem with 3 that i told you you would experience very soon after joining, ie the customer care sucks donkey balls

they tried to do something similar to me last year. I managed to get it sorted without involving the courts

customer care have already said they will replace the phone with a k800i but they are unable to give more than €30 euro cos apparently three do not trust their own customer care with money?? the broadbandless sucks but i got the phone for calls and it is rubbish! the service is fine but this nokia n73 is a faulty peice of crap that my doggy wouldn't piddle on! and nokia have told me in their forums that they offer updates but three wont accept said updates leaving repair of handset impossible. jeez i need a pint in a gallon jug :D think i'll go on the lash and fire phone through the shop window :p

hi Gerry and all in the "GRS" office,

I bought a nokia n73 in the Carlow "three" store on 31/08/07. paid €229
    I brought the phone back on 04/09/07 as software had failed! The phone crashed as the salesperson was examining it! I got a replacement phone because i insisted as the salesperson wanted to send it for repair!!
    3 weeks later the software in this phone also failed! The store refused to replace or refund as three are UNABLE to repair this fault so i contacted customer care in india who arranged a 2nd replacement! this arrived a week later on 03/10/07 and i immediately noticed it also had the same faults as the other phones! so
    i rang customer care again and they offered me a sony ericsson phone costing €129 which has same camera but NO X-SERIES(skype,orb,sling etc)
    the main problem is the software! nokia have several updates available for the n73 but three do not allow these "fixes" for their customers phones! in esscence three are selling faulty phones which require this update to work properly yet they will not repair customers phones with this update three will only re-flash(re-install the same software) the faulty software meaning customers are left with unuseable phones!
    so because "three" can not supply any working n73 phone i will lose €100? dont think so gerry think its time for the SMALL CLAIMS COURT!
    this only applies to the "three branded nokia n73"!

Gerry i think i have been more than patient after several 2-hour long calls to customer care in india but their latest offer leaves me cold!
    From the 1st time i brought this to their attention they have failed to repair, replace or refund and now they have offered me an inferior phone
    and credit of €30 leaving me €70 short of the original phone price!

Original n73 cost €229
    Replacement k800i cost €129
    Leaving a balance of €100 less the paltry sum the offered as "GOODWILL"

hope you can warn others about this situation

kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Did you post this issue looking for advice?

If so why don't you heed the advice. Go back, get a refund and just forget about it. If the other party to your Contract, ie the 3 store in Carlow absolutely refuses to honour it's committment under the law by refusing to refund you, then report them. I would ask for refusal in writing and the grounds for refusal

You are wasting your time talking to 3 Customer Care.

• Advertisement

waited and rang customer care again this morning who are sending the sony k800i plus they are giving the full difference in price as a credit to my account and they are recording this as a "part refund" in conjunction with the k800i, rather than as "goodwill"! so all is well again even though i am now left without skype etc but none of that X-Series stuff works anyway with them strangling their mppbile BB network to keep data modem customers happy!

p.s. was talking to joshua in india this morning and just to say thanks for all the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 phonefanatic

What exactly is the fault you are having? Have you experienced this fault with other phones? Have you had this problem with other retailers/networks? If so, could they provide a resolution? Was the fault evident in store to the sales consultant? If not, they were well within their rights to offer you an engineers assessment instead of a replacement.

What exactly is the fault you are having? Have you experienced this fault with other phones? Have you had this problem with other retailers/networks? If so, could they provide a resolution? Was the fault evident in store to the sales consultant? If not, they were well within their rights to offer you an engineers assessment instead of a replacement.
    camera not working, freezing up phone, camera sounds not working, menus very slow, menus freezing, 3d ringtones changing on their own, msn disconnecting, oyher applications not working and phone turning off on its own......etc

3 nokia n73's in 4 weeks all had same issues

only with "3"branded n73 handsets

1st phone crashed as salesperson was looking at it saying it was perfect, noyhing wrong with it!

they offered repair but they do not repair they only re-flash the same faulty software version.
    i insisted on a replacement 1st time as it was only 4days after buying the phone and from then they failed to fix the problem as all three n73 handsets have software issues according to nokia.
    and i dont like pizza!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

congrats foggy lad you got your rights in the end or as good as :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

3 are fscking morons. I can't believe they are still selling n73's if they admit there is a fault with their 3 branded firmware! Why don't they FIX the firmware and let the stores re-flash them, instead of getting all this (deserved) flak from customers like foggy_lad?

foggy_lad if I were you i'd have asked for a refund and left their network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 phonefanatic

229 - 167 = E100?????????????????????????????????

229 Minus 167 = E62

yeah thanks was painless enough in end when got talking to someone who listened rather than read the "3" statements from thier cue cards :D

229 - 167 = E100?????????????????????????????????

229 Minus 167 = E62

Original n73 cost €229
    Replacement k800i cost €129
    Leaving a balance of €100 less the paltry sum they offered as "GOODWILL"

they originally only offered €30 with the sony k800i, WITHOUT the price difference of €100 meaning if i had accepted that offer i would lose out by €70. I cant see any reference in this thread to the €167 figure you have quoted?
    oops see it now well that€38 was offered as a goodwill geature not as part refund so i did not count it as part refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

3 suck to high hell. I have nasty nasty experience of this shower of, I can't say this here. Watch out for their refunds. They refunded me and six months later had a debt collection agency threaten me with prison if I did not pay them " the money I had already paid and which they had refunded". Many of my friends who switched to 3 for the cheaper prices have switched back to Vodafone because they simply could not handle the number of dropped calls on 3.
    They have to refund you the full cost of the dodgy phone they sold you, you are protected by law here. Take no crap, ask them to explain in writing why they won't do this then take it up the Small Claims Court. You will win hands down. Then go buy a decent phone from a decent provider. Best of luck.

hitbit

hitbit wrote: »
    3 suck to high hell. I have nasty nasty experience of this shower of, I can't say this here. Watch out for their refunds. They refunded me and six months later had a debt collection agency threaten me with prison if I did not pay them " the money I had already paid and which they had refunded". Many of my friends who switched to 3 for the cheaper prices have switched back to Vodafone because they simply could not handle the number of dropped calls on 3.
    They have to refund you the full cost of the dodgy phone they sold you, you are protected by law here. Take no crap, ask them to explain in writing why they won't do this then take it up the Small Claims Court. You will win hands down. Then go buy a decent phone from a decent provider. Best of luck.

hitbit

you're a bit late mate. 4 months late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    you're a bit late mate. 4 months late

yeah, but I was thinking of moving to three from Meteor and I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, so, I'm happy to see it, at least.

tampopo wrote: »
    yeah, but I was thinking of moving to three from Meteor and I wouldn't have seen it otherwise, so, I'm happy to see it, at least.

yeah don't move to three. you'll regret it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement