Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Daihatsu Terios 1.3 - Any advice?

Options
  • 06-10-2007 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of buying one. Have a Pajero Junior at the moment 11 years old but never given me a day's trouble. Was thinking of upgrading to a 4 door Terios 2003 with approx 65k on the clock. Anyone drive one and any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have never driven one but from any reviews that have been reported they are a terrible car by all accounts. The newer model is light years ahead but unfortunately are probably outside your budget.

Have a look at the Suzuki Jimny, probably the only real alternative to the Terios. At least the Jimny has offroad ability and I would put money that it would put money that it is better in every department than the Terios. Only downside I can see is the Jimny is not available with 5 doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Never understood why people buy these machines, bad on the road, cramped, and silly looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

colm_mcm wrote:
    Never understood why people buy these machines, bad on the road, cramped, and silly looking.

Awful car altogether, but I suppose it's a cheap way to drive an SUV. I drove one a couple of years ago, and have never felt as cramped. From the side on, it sort of looks the part, but it's so narrow when you see it front on - looks like a Fiat Seicento on stilts.

Aren't the main reasons people buy SUV's:

1) to look cool

2) have lots of space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Bit hard to look cool in a Pajero Junior! Super little car though but a bit small. That's why I thought the Terios would be roomier plus it has a slightly bigger engine. I don't need a big jeep with a big engine. I'm quite secure in myself and don't need to impress anyone!

• Advertisement

why not buy a regular car then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

why not buy a regular car then?

Because I've had 5 'regular' ones over the years and I prefer the height/style of the mini jeeps.

that's fair enough, each to their own. I'd pay the road tax of a 1.8 Pajero Pinin or Rav4 3dr if it meant not having to drive a Jimny or Terios.

Advertisement