Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant scr3 €500

Options
  • 06-10-2007 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

As those of you familiar with this forum would have seen my other thread with my two other pride and joys for sale, as you can probably tell i am clearing out the nest and this is my last bike to go. My circumstances have changed and i just dont have the time anymore to get for a spin, the bike is only taking up valuable space so i would rather it find a new home, this giant was used for commuting and is in excellent condition, ideal even for winter training or commuting.
    Aluminium frame with carbon fork, 55.5cm frame, tiagra rear mech, sora shifters and front mech, itm bars and stem, mavic ksyrium elites, toupe carbon/titanium saddle, look a3 pedals, excellent road bike. €500
    [URL="[IMG]http://i22.tinypic.com/2u5us9h.jpg[/IMG]"]2u5us9h.jpg[/URL]
    If you require any further information dont hesitate to post here or send me a pm, i will be only to glad to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Is that a size Medium ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

great bike and a great price, if i wasnt broke at the moment i'd take it as a spare bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sprinter

Quigs Snr wrote:
    Is that a size Medium ?
    Its a Medium/Large as far as i am aware, i only work in cm's with road bikes, i am 6ft 1 but i ride a fairly high seatpost, so if you are in the region of 5ft10 to 6ft2 it should fit nicely, with the sloping top tube you get the extra standover height.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Very interested in this. Are there any problems at all with it? Rusting, buckled wheels etc? Hows the pedal mechanism? I had to replace my own on my hybrid at a cost of about €150 with a few other things that needed fixing:eek:

What height are you and how does it suit your size? I notice the saddle is pretty high and seems a bit of a stretch from the handlebars.

My monitor is pretty funked at the moment and the colour is distorted. Where in Dublin are you and would it be possible to come and have a view/spin some time?

When did you buy it and have you still got a receipt? Was it bought locally and is it still under any warranty or free service period?

How are the brakes, wires and all that jazz? What weight is it designed for do you know? I'm about 14 stone at the mo but plan on losing a bit with the bike;)

As you can see, I'm very interested ;) Check out my other thread in the forum, this is what I'm looking for!

cormie wrote:
    Very interested in this. Are there any problems at all with it? Rusting, buckled wheels etc? Hows the pedal mechanism? I had to replace my own on my hybrid at a cost of about €150 with a few other things that needed fixing:eek:

What height are you and how does it suit your size? I notice the saddle is pretty high and seems a bit of a stretch from the handlebars.

My monitor is pretty funked at the moment and the colour is distorted. Where in Dublin are you and would it be possible to come and have a view/spin some time?

When did you buy it and have you still got a receipt? Was it bought locally and is it still under any warranty or free service period?

How are the brakes, wires and all that jazz? What weight is it designed for do you know? I'm about 14 stone at the mo but plan on losing a bit with the bike;)

As you can see, I'm very interested ;) Check out my other thread in the forum, this is what I'm looking for!
    I am 6ft1 if you are between 5ft10 and 6ft2 it will fit you nicely. It is a very comfrotable frame, more so than my more expensive racer so for longer rides its excellent, the bike is in perfect working order, wheels are perfect so to are brake pads, the bike is atriple chainring but i have it setup for only the middle chainring and big chainring for greater gear selection on the rear sprockets, the small chain ring you will never use, but it can be adjusted back as neccessary if needs be, the bike is just over a year old bought in cycleways, i have the receipt somewhere so hopefully i can dig it out for you. As the frame is a sloping top tube the reach isnt as far as you think like i said it is very comfortable, the pedals are in perfect working order. For €500 its a real bargain. Oh yeah with regard to weight there isnt a problem with what the frame can hold so you dont need to worry there, very strong frame. What do you think?

• Advertisement

Sounds good. I'm not too sure what you mean about the chainring gear set-up, but you can explain that to me when I call out :)

Definitely interested in coming for a look this evening so if you could PM me your address I should see you some time between 6 and 7 if that's ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

i'm really interested in this. pm'ed you about possibility of viewing. i'm bout 5'10, hoping its a good fit. only one way to find out...:rolleyes:

Sorry, didn't see ur pm reply earlier. If Cormie doesn't take it this evening, i'll try get out to you tomorrow if thats cool? I'll pretty much definitely take it if the size suits. Cheers

Sorry to say Davy, but I picked this up this evening! I thought I was just getting an unmodded, straight from the shop (plus a year old) bike, which I could have got online brand new for €580 ish so I threw in a haggle of €420.. then I was told the wheels were worth €400 and the saddle €120:o so I think I got a pretty good deal at €500 for the lot. Thanks again Simon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

cormie wrote:
    Sorry to say Davy, but I picked this up this evening! I thought I was just getting an unmodded, straight from the shop (plus a year old) bike, which I could have got online brand new for €580 ish so I threw in a haggle of €420.. then I was told the wheels were worth €400 and the saddle €120:o so I think I got a pretty good deal at €500 for the lot. Thanks again Simon!

There was lots of extras from what i could see in the picture nice wheels,tyres, stem and saddle a bargin for €500, if i only had the cash

• Advertisement

Yeah, glad I got it, very impulsive and can't really afford it at the mo myself, but it's for health reasons so it's excusable :)

Now to start buying stuff for it. First things first, shoes!! Does anyone know if all racer pedals are the same regarding shoe sole connections or is there a specific type with each pedal make? I just want a cheapo pair off ebay or something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

congrats man, you'll enjoy it. As I said in your other thread-like E@gle, if I had the cash i'd pick it up myself.

It's the cleats (bits that connect to the pedals) that are different, not the shoes (well, road shoes are all the same). Those pedals are "Look" brand, so you'll need Look Cleats-about a tenner AFAIK. If you're buying shoes and other bits you should get a good deal on the lot. I know some people give out about Cycleogical on the quays, but when I was getting my first shoes + pedals and a load of other stuff he did me a good deal, so they get my vote on this one. I wouldn't buy your first pair of shoes off Ebay though, fit's quite important (too tight and your toes can go numb amongst other things). Definitely try shoes on in a bricks and mortar shop -That's the advice I got off the forum and it was sound.

Now you've the bike, go do the miles!:D

Fair play Cormie. Definitely a bargain.Gotta appreciate the fact that sprinter didn't try to make a killing on it. I hope you appreciate it. And if you decide its not right for you give me a shout.
    Like i said, nice bike. Enjoy!

Cool, thanks Cunnins I'll pick up a pair locally so :)

Davy, will let you know if I don't want to hang on to it, but I'm sure I will :)

Thanks for the buy cormie i hope it brings you as much enjoyment as it brought me, goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I'm kicking myself that I missed this as I'm on the lookout for something similar. If anyone else is selling a road bike for a similar price, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Just bought one of these last week, excellent bike

If you had it up last week i wouldv'e taken your arm off for it

Advertisement