Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Exhibitions Sunday (Tomorrow)

Options
  • 06-10-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

Hi, just looking for something to do tomorrow. Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Why not just go for a wander around the National Gallery? They usually have a couple of exhibitions running plus the usual collection.

I did hear something about an exhibition in the Natural History Museum, I think, about taxidermy in the Victorian era and the setting up of the museum. I thought it sounded kind of interesting, might be worth a look.

Or if you've not been to see it already the Viking ship "The Sea Stallion from Glendalough" which is up in Collin's Barracks is pretty impressive and the exhibition that goes with it is really interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I did hear something about an exhibition in the Natural History Museum, I think, about taxidermy in the Victorian era and the setting up of the museum. I thought it sounded kind of interesting, might be worth a look.

Isn't the Natural History Museum still closed after the staircase collapse? It was last week.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Could be. I just heard about this exhibition on the radio the other day and because of the topic I just assumed it was the Natural History Museum, it may in fact have been the National History Museum as I wasn't listening properly at the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

BendiBus wrote:
    Isn't the Natural History Museum still closed after the staircase collapse? It was last week.

It was still closed on Friday. What exactly happened with the stairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The stairs collapsed earlier in the year and some people were hurt badly. I can't remember if anyone was killed. It was a strange day, there were 3 other big accidents the same day....freaky stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Wow, that's the first I heard of it. Did a quick google, and it turns out I was on holiday in Canada at the time. The Dun Laoighire incident did show up on the news over there though.

Advertisement