Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove drop lever brakes...

Options
  • 06-10-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

ok, I know it's probably absurdly simple, but how do you remove the brake levers from drop handlebars? I've taken the tape off, and the rubber gaiter, but can't see any way to loosen or undo the bands that hold it to the bar!

Alos, while I'm at it, does anywhere in town sell shims for handlebars.. was in CycleLogical today, and they said they didn't do 'em cos they're dangerous..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

if you disconnect the cables, and pull the levers you should be able to get a screwdriver in through the hole between the levers and the hoods to get to a screw to remove the handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

its usually an allen screw. unless they are levers with built in gear shifters then it is on the under rubber hood of the outside of each lever.
    http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=114

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Glowing wrote:
    if you disconnect the cables, and pull the levers you should be able to get a screwdriver in through the hole between the levers and the hoods to get to a screw to remove the handles.
    God, don't I feel an eejit now!
    What I thought was a rivet was an allen bolt.... ta Glowing :rolleyes:

Advertisement