Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stealth Mast St Endas Park

• 06-10-2007 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

4D4F7B2AEECF4992BC2E3DFAA96B3A93-800.jpg

Horrified to see a plastic tree disguising a telecommunications mast erected in St Endas Park Rathfarnham yesterday
    Does anyone think that a public park is the right setting for such an installation and more importantly is this what Mrs Margaret Pearse would have wished for her beloved grounds when she bequeathed them to the nation.
    I do not think that anyone could consider this to be a respectful way to maintain such a wonderful facility - it was to be enjoyed by locals and visitors alike and not to further governments bid to facilitate big business.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

There is one, maybe two in Marley Park also, and they have been there quite awhile now.

At least the blend in with their surroundings...!!!

but it doesn't excuse the chancers that put them there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

its stealing your thoughts as we speak... :rolleyes: get over it to be honest

it's extra revenue for the park most likely which means they can plant more flower gardens and keep the park in better condition. No problem in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Complete overreaction OP to a threat that doesn't exist.
    And even if it did and they moved the mast from a wide open park to an area with housing you'd still be moaning so spare the disgrace to the founders of this nation crap. In fact, a park is the best place as noone will be staying beside it for hours and it can cover a wider area so less are needed.

I'm pretty impressed-it's hard to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,015 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Very impressive!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I saw this being erected early on Friday Morning. When I came home from work that evening I saw what they were actually doing. I didn't notice any signs up for planning permission near St. Endas Park, but it's possible I just filtered them out.

I'd be curious as to the length of the contact the telecommunications company have for placing it there. Anyone have any information on it? How is it powered? Is there a generator at its base?

Oh, and will the fake leaves shed* in Winter so that it doesn't stand out? :D

*Yeah, I know it's meant to be a fir tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

more importantly, what happens if my dog pisses on it?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

It looks like a prosthethic tree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That is very cool.

OP: Money for the park, better reception for you. Win/win situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Nimby:d

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

What are the chances the OP doesn't have a mobile :D

St. Enda's is about the only place left they can easily get planning permission for a mast because it's a few hundred meters to the nearest home.

Isn't there one beside the school in Whitechurch? See, could be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Agree complete over reaction OP. There have 2 in Marley park for years you can see them from the M50 when you are driving past.

Advertisement