Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sweet jebus god

Options
  • 06-10-2007 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Got my nose redone today, thats fine, but I'm now smothered with a cold. My nose hurts and I'm gettin a bit paranoid about infection. Is this very likely? Will normal headache tablets make the pain stop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's a chance of it alright, the general guidelines are if you just got a piercing, and you see someone with a cold, RUN AWAY!

Get plenty of vitamin c I guess, and just do your best to keep everything as clean as you can!!!

(nice meeting you last night btw!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Get some cotton buds for cleaning up inside your nose (by cleaning, I mean cleaning out snot and other cold-related nastiness) and just be careful when blowing your nose, try to avoid the stud/ring.

I sympathise. I have a cold too. Cold + nose piercings (especially fresh ones!) = :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

cool, thanks. yeah, I though it typical, no cold last night or this AM, but by dinner time I stuffed up and head-spinny.

vitamin c, and plenty of cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Good advice already given, just try not to touch your nose too much with your fingers or fiddle with the jewellery when you're cleaning it.

I can also sympathise, I have double nostril piercings and having a cold is hell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

To be honest, nose piercings look after themselves from the inside. So don't aggrivate that too much. Don't over do it on the salt solution either. I've had multiple nostril piercings done, I know what can happen!! :P Yeah, so just clean it as per normal. If you find the salt solution is aggrivating the piercing, try cutting down on the amount of salt you're using. When you mix teh salt with the pint of water, it shouldn't be really salty to taste. It's a good way to measure if you've put too much/not enough salt in the solution. All else fails, take a trip to your local piercer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

All else fails, take a trip to your local piercer.*

*so long as its not georges arcade...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Juice or crush some ginger, put the juice/crushed bits into a mug, add hot water and sugar/honey to sweeten.

I took some at the start of a cold and it never developed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i wish i had taken that advice:(dying with a cold all week,my septum retainer keeps falling out and is not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

is 99% gone! Yeah. Changed to a smaller bar today. So pretty.

Advertisement